• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Why don't players like to use Custom Clients?

JDB

OtLand Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
I have noticed that players will leave the server if you create a custom client.
Why is this? It's only for not debuging with new items.

Regards,
JDB.

It depends on the Server in my eyes. Successfull Servers might create a custom client since still many people will play but for sure some will think like "hack" or "no bot"...
On the other hand not famous Servers shouldn't use it since people will think strange about the server.

Mainy because people think there's a keylogger inside, and I'm one of those people.

reason is because theres tooooooo many stupid assholes virus senders that put virus in everything. if they would be able to they would put viruses on trees and animals irl too..

also some don't like it because they can't possible stick to one OT for more then half week until they move on to next one.

I always download a custom client if there are custom items in it.. else i won't

I think people would rather spend time skipping through the garden rather than picking the roses.

Do you catch my drift?

I think people would rather watch the animal attack rather than participate in it

Do you catch my drift?

I think people would rather pray for a miracle to happen than to rather go out and get it

Do you catch my drift?

Well I always like to add new things to balance out vocations and make things more interesting. For example, I like to add "Ultimate Mana Potion" which is quite easy to do, but serves well in PVP for balance. Adding new items, outfits, and other things make servers unique in my opinion and a custom client gives you the opportunity to use these things without debuging.

People usually have problems with their bots, which is essential for almost anyone who plays Tibia nowadays.

So, if they cannot bot, they won't play. ;)

I dont think they like custom clients because they might have a fear of viruses/trojaners and i would rather just keep 1 tibia client on my comp at a time

Isnt it possible to add an optional custom sprite file? The server could detect which one the client is using and if its the normal one it will just make the custom items looks like an already existing items.

Just an idea.

custom clients are shit. i dont want 3 tibia installs for the ots and rl i play.

It's because they like playing real map with bot better.:thumbup:

It depends on the Server in my eyes. Successfull Servers might create a custom client since still many people will play but for sure some will think like "hack" or "no bot"...
On the other hand not famous Servers shouldn't use it since people will think strange about the server.

Exactly what he said is one of the reasons.

2nd reason is the aforementioned "trust", for example if I played a server of yours I would trust you enough to download your client without worrying for viruses, but if an unknown guy does the same, Id certainly wait for several reviews before attemping anything.

Where Im trying to get with this, is the fact that you got to realize most of your players will not be from here to know you're trustable, or just have no possible way to tell if you are or not.

For me thats the 2nd factor.

3rd one I guess that botting thing.

However, Ill have to disagree with Lolaye on the "downloading over and over" part, because I honestly dont think downloading 20ish mb every now and then can be so "boring" (and I say this having a horrid 40~kbs dl connection).

Without trying to offend or nothing similar, I think its also contradictory to say this coming from you, since it didnt stop you from playing Poke Online server which has always been custom client with updates that require more downloading, right? :)

It also didnt stop their other 3000+ players! :)

Id say true reasons are the ones posted above.

I know this is post is long enough, but as a side note JDB, Id suggest you that if you have a website/forum for your server, make polls before doing this decision.

I found it rather pleasant when I was playing a server a while ago that eventually switched to CC, but before doing it the admin made a poll in the site/forum explaining the whole situation and asking who would like it or not, and giving links to his profile on forums like this, for trusty reference purposes.

At the end of the poll, Id say 90% said they would keep playing, and we did!

Lol custom clients are awesome i never noticed that people hates it

Back