• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[WinXP] Help with sound!

Kroz

Mapper
Reaction score
Hello!

Earlier today I formated my computer but I just noticed that the sound doesn't work (at all). Ofcourse, I have checked all cables and such, everything is 100% as before (and it did work properly before).

I didn't come here without doing a little research about the problem, if I've understood it right I need to upgrade my Multimedia Audio Controller (found in Device Manager). So I followed a guide that said uninstall, restart computer, and then install. I followed the guide and everything went well untill after the restart, it doesn't work to install it after I've restarted my computer.
So if I've understood this correct, I need to download somekind of upgrade?

So, I've got two questions,
1) If you read what I previously wrote, am I correct? if not,
2) How do I fix this? ;)

And since everyone here at OtLand takes it like a big deal, reputation for the one/s that help me.

Kind Regards,
Kroz.

What computer brand is it? It's probably a driver missing and most producers have programs which can automatically install missing drivers

Intel. And yes, that was what I tried to explain - My computer won't install the missing drivers itself. Do you know where I can download the missing driver/s?

Intel. And yes, that was what I tried to explain - My computer won't install the missing drivers itself. Do you know where I can download the missing driver/s?

Not if I don't know which computer model you've got... I assume you already looked around at downloadcenter.intel.com

Thanks for the link!

System:
Microsoft Windows XP
Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Computer:
Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
2.79 GHz, 512 MB of RAM
Is that the information you need? Sorry if it's not, I am not very experienced in computers.

No, that's not it

I assume you bought your computer ready built, so it will have a model name and number, for example on my computer it's written "HP Pavillion dv5000", you should find something similar depending on brand of your computer

Back