• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

would it go make a 8.55 xml server

GOD Wille

Excellent OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Would it go just asking for fun, not want it..

or will it lagg the hell out? :D

Stupid question, but yeah I guess it would. But you would have to get a better computer :)

Isnt XML, like dead, like 2 years ago..haha. I remember XML=] good times but SQL wins=]

i would love another xml server cuz its alot less work to just Test maps

well sure but, SQL is like 95% more stable then XML.

I remember time (a few years ago), when I had my first OTS based on xml, it really was cooool. Unfortunately, the xml servers will never come back, because SQL is much better XD

Well, I had 100 players on my last, last, last computer and if im sure it didnt lagg ALOT, but still - much more functions nowdays : P

XML was good when i run first time ots... now i know the sql i much better ,and really easy to edit :D 1k players in data/players is confused :p

XML is unstable and heavier.

SQL is lighter and a lot stable, and also, anti-noobs, cuz both SQLite as MySQL didn't have the "God acc" :)

XML is a lot of work and time consuming. Once you know SQL properly you can do anything faster on SQL than on XML

Use SQLite. Its way easier than XML. You just need a sqlite browser. (I don't quite understand why an sqlite browser is not included with distros since sqlite is default) But that is the devs choices.

Because sqlite browsers are third part software. Libraries etc is not included in the distros either.

Back