• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

YurOTs 8.6

Daky

Reaction score
So in 7.6, I fell in love with this map, I've spent hundreds of hours playing on this map and now I've decided to port it to 8.6 and manage it myself.

Server Update log:

All houses has been restored.
All quests has been restored.
Quest system has been refined to properly display the reward.
Map has been cleared of old NPCs that were no longer needed.
Rookgaard has been deleted.
Map bugs has been fixed.
Digger script has been added (If you check under rocks or plants, there's a small chance you'll find something)
Map has been restored. [80%] (Put on hold)
All NPCs has been restored and refined.
Custom addon currency has been added. (Small percentage drop from any monster, which you trade in for 1 addon)
The Fight Club Arena has been restored.
All bullshit commands & actions has been removed.
All NPCs' outfits has been updated.
All quests has been re-designed, giving different rewards depending on vocation.
.. more to come

Website Update log:
Nothing.
.. more to come

Map looks like this:

Fe5jkdx.jpg

Last edited:
I'd prefer not to clutter the main post with the actual updates, so hopefully, let this one doublepost slip.

Here's another update, I call it the digger system atm lol,

Anyhow, it's spread across the entire map with a very small chance to get an item, good or bad.
Basically, all you do is search tiles for items by right clicking them, you'll find items under stones, plants and trees etc.
Of course, a tile cannot be over-used so there's a cooldown.

UvM4J7J.png

I might expand the system later with a chance to spawn a random insect.

I dont understand Are u just showing of the map? Or will you actually host it? :D

I dont understand Are u just showing of the map? Or will you actually host it? :D

I'll host it, I thought a picture of the map would be a good idea, since 7.6 was a long time ago ;)

But as soon as I have everything I want ingame, I'll work on the website and then I'll host it.
One thing is for certain, there will be lots of hidden content.

I'll host it, I thought a picture of the map would be a good idea, since 7.6 was a long time ago ;)

But as soon as I have everything I want ingame, I'll work on the website and then I'll host it.
One thing is for certain, there will be lots of hidden content.
Ok I will probably try it out! I love Yurots! :D

Hidden stuff? Not sure I like that :/

Ok I will probably try it out! I love Yurots! :D

Hidden stuff? Not sure I like that :/

Don't worry, the hidden content will rarely reward you.

Spawn insect at random: done

8eKI82r.png

Last edited:
When do you think u will be done? :D

I can have the server up and running tommorow if I'd like, I only have to add the NPCs and I'm done, but I'm not sure if I want to do that.

Right now, I'm just trying to think shit up to add and there's the website.

So 2 weeks and the server will be pretty solid :)

I'm still not sure what to do with Mages or Paladins (EQ-wise), seeing as it's 8.6. I'm guessing I'll have to add a few more spawns and quests.

5/13 NPCs completed.

Last edited:
I can have the server up and running tommorow if I'd like, I only have to add the NPCs and I'm done, but I'm not sure if I want to do that.

Right now, I'm just trying to think shit up to add and there's the website.

So 2 weeks and the server will be pretty solid :)

I'm still not sure what to do with Mages or Paladins (EQ-wise), seeing as it's 8.6. I'm guessing I'll have to add a few more spawns and quests.

3/13 NPCs completed.
Ok sound great :) PM me if you need any help (or ideas) :)

Im looking forward to launch date ;D

Had 1 NPC removed (Guild Master), so 11/12 NPCs completed.

Update: Addon Currency,

Mysteriously Glowing Gem(s) can drop from any monster and they are used as currency for addons.

5pVzNfK.png

All NPCs has been been updated.

y0VOmDv.png

NPC List:

Cody,
Dark Rodo,
Dufi,
Fargum,
Lector,
Mad,
Nimral,
Obi,
Orlan,
Perac,
Pirate Jack,
Sebastian,
Seller

The Fight Club Arena has been restored.

qapwV28.png

All bullshit commands & actions has been removed.

All NPCs' outfits has been updated.

All quests has been re-designed, giving different rewards depending on vocation.

Last edited:
May I ask how you replaced the 8.6 sprites with 7.6 sprites? I guess you are running the 8.6 protocol right? Is there a "fast" way of replacing a lot of sprites?
Like export all 7.6 sprites from the 7.6 spr file and then replace all them into the 8.6 spr file?

I love this map as well, so nostalgic! Gonna test it out for sure ! Good luck!

May I ask how you replaced the 8.6 sprites with 7.6 sprites? I guess you are running the 8.6 protocol right? Is there a "fast" way of replacing a lot of sprites?
Like export all 7.6 sprites from the 7.6 spr file and then replace all them into the 8.6 spr file?

I love this map as well, so nostalgic! Gonna test it out for sure ! Good luck!

I'm using 8.6 sprites, I wouldn't mind using 7.6 monster sprites though ;) But sadly, I've bumped into a problem. So I'll put the scripting part aside and continue on the map.

.. and the problem has been found

Last edited:
I'm using 8.6 sprites, I wouldn't mind using 7.6 monster sprites though ;) But sadly, I've bumped into a problem. So I'll put the scripting part aside and continue on the map.

.. and the problem has been found
Any news? :)

Any news? :)

Not really, I'm curious about the problem I found. It works fine whenever I disconnect my internet connection, if not, I can't start the server. After sleep, I'll fix the problem

Not really, I'm curious about the problem I found. It works fine whenever I disconnect my internet connection, if not, I can't start the server. After sleep, I'll fix the problem
Sounds like something with SQL/ports :)

Sounds like something with SQL/ports :)

I'm switching between 4 different internet connections atm :eek:

Edit: was a database problem o_O server is up and running, I'll be going to bed soon though.

Edit2: fixed a few more bugs, afaik, it should be bug-free now.

Last edited:
So, I've bought a host.

Exp Stage:

Code:
        <stage minlevel="8" maxlevel="50" multiplier="250"/>
        <stage minlevel="51" maxlevel="100" multiplier="200"/>
        <stage minlevel="101" maxlevel="150" multiplier="100"/>
        <stage minlevel="151" maxlevel="250" multiplier="50"/>
        <stage minlevel="251" multiplier="3"/>

Skill, Magic, Loot & Spawn Rate:

Code:
    rateSkill = 6.0
    rateMagic = 6.0
    rateLoot = 4.0
    rateSpawn = 2

To-do:
Annih,
Website.

Way 2 high stages imo.. and i dont like the drop from 50x to 3x :O

edit: you could just let all players start at level 250 would not make any diffrence..

Back