• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Gaming Zaeroes 8.0 RealMap Mid-Rate [BETA] Screens

Marcus

User.postCount++;
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I've for a while now been developing a 8.0 server from scratch..
It have taken a great while and it have become one of my greatest projects I've ever done.

Now it's pretty much ready for launch, however I'm not going to rush it at all... I have a date set for January and I wont pre-launch it :)

For a month, I've been running it as a private beta for myself, and the last week it has been an open beta that anyone can join if they feel like it.
The purpose of the beta is to try out everything and generate bug-reports.

Currently, my day starts with some breakfast and... oh.. right.. talk server here..
Well it starts by fixing everything that I have in my bug/idea logs..
When the hours gets late (as now, 00:17), I login to play it, walk around, try random stuffs, and generate new lists of what I should do tomorrow.

So today, I figured I maybe should share a little what I'm doing... during my testing :)

Before we login, or I actually.. we can mention what the plans are for the server.
Exp will be between 100-4x (lvl 8 - 200).
The exp rate will keep drop after 200 ofc (custom made exp system)
Skills: 30x
Magic: 30x (rate * mana multiply gain)
Loot: 3x

http://zaeros.net/

Client: 8.0
Ip: Zaeros.net
Port: 7171

Djinns are free, all you need is level 30+ and you can visit them at their original places.
Rashid is currently in Thais tavern (might change)
Promotion is 10k
Desert Quest is soloable (seems many players prefer that today)
Spells are free.
Monsters/Spells are 100% as they were on tibia.com at state of 8.0 (thanks to my really sneaky sources of information)

So, lets stop writing this bible..
Just lets add, during the beta you'll gain level, skills and magic level 100 times faster than you will once the server launches for real :)
If you feel for it, you may login anytime you want to try the beta ^_^
If you find bugs, you are welcome to report them, but you are not forced to report anything if you just want to try the game a little ;)

Even it's just a beta and I don't expect many players, I still have created 2 proxies already so that players that might lagg have an alternative login they can use :)
WQelb4tDd.jpg

cyhqkQUQ.jpg

1g7IjthsH.jpg

E7ap05Wr9.jpg

UpWr3EH2.jpg

QJgWxEr0G.jpg

25QqwoBH.jpg

iplFmMh2K.jpg

Edit:

Thought I should add the mini-map of Zaeros.
This minimap is generated from the map of Zaeros and the names of areas/cities are made by me:
j0E8xoDW0.jpg

Last edited:
These screens are from last night, I will make more tonight when it's time for my testing.
I'll try to make some hunting grounds screens as well and not only quests :)

jISLnI43q.jpg

Ls83VJJEr.jpg

MDlF-tsjL.jpg

K3Myo1aVw.jpg

aWEoitgRI.jpg

i1aOC7fJg.jpg

MGmR9zWtT.jpg

G8o2jKMUh.jpg

PbEpmO58.jpg

0GRcvGvZE.jpg

I made my screen smaller today while showing what you can find in Zaeros..
But it's really annoying for me to play with such a small screen :p

Anyhow, start at Goroma:
Zyxme2e.jpg

S35hoLN.jpg

ygVy47w.jpg

FydZQVb.jpg

gTEMggC.jpg

Since Liberty Bay did exist in 8.0, but Wyrms didn't.. I decided to add Dragons/Dragon Lords in their place, since they're popular creatures and I seriously don't see any point of using the original 8.0 creatures here (you know those god f**ng re***ded magicians creatures.. cults and crap)
9o5_Z38.jpg

xtPx8y_.jpg

ZWlmDde.jpg

vlJg9fC.jpg

J6oJkQq.jpg

TEQ0w3D.jpg

okWOvpO.jpg

WISokAj.jpg

lsLg3-o.jpg

And we finish these screens with a suicide rush-style xD
lbBLEBN.jpg

I really like it, made a account today, played some... and yeah... i really like what you did with the mountain in LB with the dragons and dls :p But yeah..
"Now it's pretty much ready for launch, however I'm not going to rush it at all... I have a date set for January and I wont pre-launch it :)"

I have to ask it. You sure you want to open in in january? i mean like... holidays come blabla, and i think somewhere around 20th december would be awesome tho :-D
Schools have vacation.... i have vacation ;-) and whats more fun then having the server open en doing x-mass event or so ? :)

Anyways , thx for opening a 8,0, im glad you did, finaly someone with taste of tibia clients haha :p

I really like it, made a account today, played some... and yeah... i really like what you did with the mountain in LB with the dragons and dls :p But yeah..
"Now it's pretty much ready for launch, however I'm not going to rush it at all... I have a date set for January and I wont pre-launch it :)"

I have to ask it. You sure you want to open in in january? i mean like... holidays come blabla, and i think somewhere around 20th december would be awesome tho :-D
Schools have vacation.... i have vacation ;-) and whats more fun then having the server open en doing x-mass event or so ? :)

Anyways , thx for opening a 8,0, im glad you did, finaly someone with taste of tibia clients haha :p

Great to hear you like it! and I'm looking forward to see you online :D
About launch, yeah it will be January 8.. I'd hate if the server goes online as soon I think "it's ready" to discover a huge issue that force me to close the game just because I rushed it.
Second there's a lot of server opening for Christmas and that will split players between servers (thou I'm the only one with a nice 8.0) but my players will come from pretty much any range of players between 7.4 - 8.2 and some above 8.3.

Last, I have set up huge advertisements for the release that's really expensive, I couldn't get anything earlier (not in the size I wanted it), and I think this server deserves some huge advertisements before launch to really boost up the player count correctly :p
Would hate it if this server only got 50 players because lack of advertisements :)

But overall, I appreciate your post and concern, I just must be more careful what I do as this is VERY VERY VERY FAR away from some noobish download&run server :p hopefully you agree on that point :p

If you're going for authenticity, it's a near miss. For example, Exori Vis didn't lock on to targets in 8.0. You had to strategically position yourself to hit them.

Would love to see more. ;) You should make a video.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Thanks for the responce and i understand :) Also i just did 1k mino's, but it would be cool to see somewhere that you have completed that task since it resets after you done it... Also minotaur mage when it says something there is "#W" inbefore it. :) nice boss tough, but i rly expected to drop a nose ring haha :p

If you're going for authenticity, it's a near miss. For example, Exori Vis didn't lock on to targets in 8.0. You had to strategically position yourself to hit them.

Would love to see more. ;) You should make a video.

Good luck!
yeah I know that exori vis didn't fly, (not to brag, but I got some pretty solid sources to check for info)
but I decided why not let them fly? it's a nice thing and it's not like they'll be as powerful as sd's and become unbalanced as it would be 7.4 server xD
in 8.0, and in a server with more than 2x exp.. exori vis/mort/flam will most likely not be the prior damage spell mages will use :p
Most likely gfb/explos/sds wll be the prior of mages in Zaeros :p

But I really appreciate your concern that the strikes was off :p
If you're unsure or anything else about something, just say/ask and I'd happily either give you a "oh, you're right" or give you "I thought this would be better because blablabla" :p

Thanks for the responce and i understand :) Also i just did 1k mino's, but it would be cool to see somewhere that you have completed that task since it resets after you done it... Also minotaur mage when it says something there is "#W" inbefore it. :) nice boss tough, but i rly expected to drop a nose ring haha :p
Thank you a lot for that report!
It's not like it's a huge bug that will tear down the server but I believe in fixing every little detail will make the quality of the game outstanding!

I've corrected the voice and did a global check of all creatures making sure this issue wouldn't happen somewhere else, turns up you found one out of two creatures that had this issue.
So thank you a lot :)

Will be nice server, Alot of ppl will join, oldera will die in 2 weeks... and the rest of the server to... Marcus be carefull with the rates make it medium rates example fast to get lvl 80, but 120 exp x5, or make the exp system like you darkot some system like that but more medium rates, coz darkot was VERY FAST. Good job putin the some real files, dmg etc ... Im waiting :D

Will be nice server, Alot of ppl will join, oldera will die in 2 weeks... and the rest of the server to... Marcus be carefull with the rates make it medium rates example fast to get lvl 80, but 120 exp x5, or make the exp system like you darkot some system like that but more medium rates, coz darkot was VERY FAST. Good job putin the some real files, dmg etc ... Im waiting :D
Thank you :) great to hear.
About exp system, I think it's not so badly, it appears to be higher than it actually is :p
It says 4x at level 200, but if it was a traditionally staged exp.. it would appear to be 2x :p

Hard to explain, but in a normal staged server (there you get like 7,000 exp from 1 drag at certain level for example), you "jump" between the exp needed. which actually make the stages to appear higher than they are :p

Not sure if you understand me, but you'll have about as easy levling between lvl 200 and 201 as you'd have on another server that have 2x exp after lvl 200 :)

sorry for the thread inactivity, a lot to do irl now when it's christmas times and stuffs.. all can probably agree there's a lot to do whether we want it or not..

Anyhow, I've managed to work on Zaeros as few hours every day even thou that, sadly the last days work haven't included any test-playing so there haven't been any opportunities for me to make screens :p
However, today I'm out testing again..
The Annihilator quest :)
Mxm-fAU.jpg

Now I only have 1 final quest left on my charaters quest log to fill in, and I get a full log of all quests ^^
And the last one is Pits of inferno :D

Althou I know it's already working properly, since I've already made the quest before the beta but I'm gonna do it anyway just for fun :)

God.... how i miss 8.0 tibia! I think that the best time to play tibia were between 7.8 and 8.0, because there was a middle-term of RPG and MMO, the wars were soo big, the balance system were incredible perfect and every in-game world were full.

Since 2010, im only playing tibia oldschool (b4 hotkeys) cuz there i can find the true mind-pvp system, were your skills and opponentes mind-reading matters the most. But i will definely play your server, since nowdays oldschool is pretty dead, and the only servers remaining have tons of bots... It will be great to play and remind the 8.0 version, and im surely bringing some friends.

God.... how i miss 8.0 tibia! I think that the best time to play tibia were between 7.8 and 8.0, because there was a middle-term of RPG and MMO, the wars were soo big, the balance system were incredible perfect and every in-game world were full.

Since 2010, im only playing tibia oldschool (b4 hotkeys) cuz there i can find the true mind-pvp system, were your skills and opponentes mind-reading matters the most. But i will definely play your server, since nowdays oldschool is pretty dead, and the only servers remaining have tons of bots... It will be great to play and remind the 8.0 version, and im surely bringing some friends.

Zaeros is gone :D
It wasn't good enough, I've been building a new 8.0 project from scratch, you can find it here: http://thorsan.net/

Back