• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Flatlander's Discussion Thread [5 Upcoming Servers]

Which server are you most looking foward to?

• Rise of Abbadon

Votes: 30 42.3%
  • Apocalypse

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Species RPG

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • Bomberworld

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Pokemon

Votes: 14 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flatlander

Species Developer
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello All,
I do have 5 servers I am working on and people are constantly asking me about them SO I am making this thread for people to talk about my servers and ask me questions.

These include:

RoA - Rise of Abbadon RPG Server
This server is owned by Heartless and I work on it as a scripter and when it released I might be the one hosting it.
You can find the thread for this server here:
http://otland.net/f43/usa-rise-abbadon-8-60-100-custom-rpg-182083/
Release Date: Next few months

Apocalypse - Survival Server
Survival Server about the end of the world. Most of humanity has been turned into zombies, and there is only one town surviving, you must venture out into a destroyed world, unlocking mysteries, scavenging for loot, and defeating the ones responsible for the Zombie Apocalypse. (This server is about half way done)
Release Date: Next Year?

Species RPG - Remade server from the original Species RPG
RPG server that is being remade. The original server was fun, but it wasn't a success, so I feel like if I made it better before releasing it could be a hit. This server is about 4 races just like the war server. The difference is, this is an RPG server, you are human and can ally yourself with any race, do quests to help their town/king/leader and hurt other towns/kinds/leaders.
Release Date: Next Year?

Bomberworld - RPG server based on Bomberman
This is my goal of making a REALLY custom server. This has the Combat style of Bomberman (You use bombs for everything) but the world is designed like Zelda. (Tons of Dungeons all over the map that give you new abilities, and using the abilities you open up more of the map). This server is already very fun and interesting, but it is almost like a single player game, than a team game.... we are still doing research and testing on how to make it more team-based and MMO-Like.
Release Date: End of this year [2013]

Pokemon Server - RPG Server based on the Pokemon Gameboy Games
I've played Tibia Pokemon Servers. They don't really do the genre justice. So I decided I would make a Pokemon Server that is as close to the game-boy games as possible. The game boy games are great, the tibia servers are terrible. So I think if I copy everything from the Game-Boy games as closely as possible I could make an amazing Pokemon Server.
Release Date: This Summer/Fall [2013]

Let me know what you think. What servers you might be looking forward to, or ask any questions you have.
Most of these servers were secret until now, but if someone does copy one of my ideas and makes a better server than what I am making, then they deserve all the credit, because it would still take a LOT of hard work, especially to beat me.

Last edited:
Apocalyps, Species RPG, and Bomberman have my vote. I've already gotten bored of Roa. There are to many pokemon servers already and I've kind of gotten bored of them. Ill ask more questions later when I get back.

Apocalyps, Species RPG, and Bomberman have my vote. I've already gotten bored of Roa. There are to many pokemon servers already and I've kind of gotten bored of them. Ill ask more questions later when I get back.

I know how you feel about the Pokemon servers, it is sad that no one has taken the time to do them right, which is why I decided to do it myself.

As with RoA, I am working on it as a favor to Heartless. Personally I don't get it, I still don't know what the "story" is of RoA, but I do have fun playing servers with promotion choices, and the Mini-Boss system will keep things interesting along with tons of quests. So it could be a solid custom server some day.

RoA- Rise of Abbadon does have a lot of potential to be good. The amount of promotions you can choose from and as you said the Mini-Bosses make hunting fun. With enough work it could become a pretty decent server but it is considered Heartless's server, and eh this is more about your servers.

Apocalypse-Survival Server -I love your older survival server so much, one of my favorite servers made by you. I'm not sure if this server will be the same as the one you had before but if it was I would play it all day. I remember the random luck system from checking boxes and such, finding spells, defending the town when zombies attacked, it was just a great server, pity it the files got deleted.

Species RPG I'm sure what you're known the most for is your Species server. I can guarantee that if you put up one of your species servers people wouldn't even have to read the description because they know how awesome it was. I'm also confused when you're saying RPG, does that mean it will be more focused on leveling, quests, exploring etc... or will it focus more on PvP? I'm fine with whichever one you choose, Species War or Species RPG both are awesome but I think you would get more players if you made the war server.

Bomberworld This could be really interesting and something new that no one has done yet. I was always hoping someone would make a zelda type server even thought it's bomberman it still has the same concept of exploring all kinds of dungeons and secrets, finding new weapons, abilities, etc... What would make it really awesome was if you used a custom client with custom sprites to make it feel completely new and refreshing.

Pokemon Server I used to love Pokemon servers back in the day they were also so much fun since I was a super Pokemon fan and have played every single Pokemon game. There isn't really any good Pokemon servers these days, maybe 1 like padventrues but even that server and all others are filled with non English speaking people, and not trying to offend anyone but it's annoying being surrounded by a ton of pls and brs who don't speak English. The only american Pokemon servers I've seen either had barley any players or it was a teleport server which was no fun. Unless you believe 100% that it'll be successful I wouldn't waste to much time on it.

It sucks you can only vote for one but judging by the votes already placed it seems that RoA has a high chance of winning and it's mostly because everyone from the RoA thread will vote for it without even knowing how good your previous server are. I would really advise you to work on a Species WAR server because I know a lot of people who want to play it and there haven't been any good war servers in such a long time. Even if RoA gets the most votes promise me you'll still be working on your other servers, I want to see some servers of your own.

Bomberman and Apocalypse for me. I've seen a sneak preview of the first one and it seemed me nice. The latter one reminds me about the only very hard server I ever played although most of humanity there had died by a nuclear war rather than a zombie outbreak.

Behind those come species, than pokemon and ROA is the far and far away at the bottom for me. Silly idea of having 3 spells till level 50 which takes several days to reach. Also no excitement when looting an item since it's just your 5th Tx item with which you will try to get a Tx+1 item and they can all be dropped from normal monsters.

My problem with pokemon is that I don't know what to expect, so I can't be excited either. A trailer or teaser *hint* could make me excited though, but on the other hand I've spent a few hundred hours on the gameboy versions already xD

Man, I would love to see a Pokemon server out there that follows what its like in the game boy versions. I grew up on Pokemon and have always loved it, tried out a few servers, but they were all shit.

Man, I would love to see a Pokemon server out there that follows what its like in the game boy versions. I grew up on Pokemon and have always loved it, tried out a few servers, but they were all shit.

Yea, I plan to follow the Pokemon games as closely as possible.
But of course that could mean Nintendo will shut me down, but there ARE other Pokemon MMOs out there, so hopefully they will skip over mine.

It sucks you can only vote for one but judging by the votes already placed it seems that RoA has a high chance of winning and it's mostly because everyone from the RoA thread will vote for it without even knowing how good your previous server are. I would really advise you to work on a Species WAR server because I know a lot of people who want to play it and there haven't been any good war servers in such a long time. Even if RoA gets the most votes promise me you'll still be working on your other servers, I want to see some servers of your own.

A Species War server wouldn't take too long to make (the first one literally took about 1 week, then had weekly updates). But truthfully, it is the Map that makes a war server good. and I lost my crazy little asian mapper years ago lol.

Last edited:
Yea, I plan to follow the Pokemon games as closely as possible.
But of course that could mean Nintendo will shut me down, but there ARE other Pokemon MMOs out there, so hopefully they will skip over mine.

A Species War server wouldn't take too long to make (the first one literally took about 1 week, then had weekly updates). But truthfully, it is the Map that makes a war server good. and I lost my crazy little asian mapper years ago lol.

I can almost guarantee that your server won't get shutdown unless it has a ton of players. For example for a game called Maplestory there was a super popular private server with tons of people and the company told them to shut it down or we'll sue you. There are still thousands of other Maplestory private servers but the company doesn't do anything about it they know there is barley any people playing it, also I don't think Nintendo will go google, tibia pokemon server and shut you down. Even though it's possible I say the chances are low.

I can almost guarantee that your server won't get shutdown unless it has a ton of players. For example for a game called Maplestory there was a super popular private server with tons of people and the company told them to shut it down or we'll sue you. There are still thousands of other Maplestory private servers but the company doesn't do anything about it they know there is barley any people playing it, also I don't think Nintendo will go google, tibia pokemon server and shut you down. Even though it's possible I say the chances are low.

I hope not :).
Even if I do get a cease and desist from nintendo i'll just close the project and spend more time working on the bomberworld server.

Pokemon: Hopefully not anything after generation 3 <,<
Bomberman: Seems like something new, would give it a shot
Apocalypse: I love zombies :D
My favourite, species: used to play it in the past, sadly nobody was playing and you only found people skilling which you killed for money :x
Ye, screw RoA, when I checked those "custom" items, which were simply tiered I lost my interest, even though I love custom vocations and random bosses.

Pokemon: Hopefully not anything after generation 3 <,<
Bomberman: Seems like something new, would give it a shot
Apocalypse: I love zombies :D
My favourite, species: used to play it in the past, sadly nobody was playing and you only found people skilling which you killed for money :x
Ye, screw RoA, when I checked those "custom" items, which were simply tiered I lost my interest, even though I love custom vocations and random bosses.

I have never had Donations or any way to make money on my servers. BUT there was a person that went by the name of Vengeance that took the name Flatlander on OTFans and tried making Spoofed Species Servers.
On OTFans I was Rage Designer.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you guys think about all my servers using custom clients from now on? (Except for RoA since heartless wants it to be 8.6)

Apocalypse - Survival Server - As long as it will be real post apocalyptic world with slight RPG elements. It should be placed in realistic world with guns and stuff. Th at would be amazing like Afterworld map in Warcraft 3 ^^

I would love to see Species server back up again! And the fact that you said it wouldn't take long makes it more interesting(Who likes to wait?). RoA was a good server but I enjoyed the constant warring on species more than the grind of RoA. Also, I would say yes to custom clients. That would prevent alot of bots :D

Species. I LOOOVED beeign a fucking lizard fucking anyone else CAUSE LIZARDS FUCKING FUCK EVERY FUCKING EVERYTHING KK? DONT MESS WITH MY LIZARD PALLAAAA

Once I get around to buying all my new hosting hardware I will throw up a Species War Server.
But I warn you, it isn't my focus (war servers might be fun to play, but they are EXTREMELY boring and easy to make) so it isn't going to have weekly updates or anything. It will be a war server with 4 towns, 4 outposts (To open the towns) and 4 kings (to kill the race).

I like all my servers evenly (My servers not counting RoA, which is just a server I work on). But a war server is a fairly boring thing to host.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, just had a good idea.
I'll test my Custom Client Making skills on a Species War Server. (Since truthfully I have never used custom clients, would allow me to just work on the client, since war servers take no work at all)

Once I get around to buying all my new hosting hardware I will throw up a Species War Server.
But I warn you, it isn't my focus (war servers might be fun to play, but they are EXTREMELY boring and easy to make) so it isn't going to have weekly updates or anything. It will be a war server with 4 towns, 4 outposts (To open the towns) and 4 kings (to kill the race).

I like all my servers evenly (My servers not counting RoA, which is just a server I work on). But a war server is a fairly boring thing to host.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, just had a good idea.
I'll test my Custom Client Making skills on a Species War Server. (Since truthfully I have never used custom clients, would allow me to just work on the client, since war servers take no work at all)

DO IT! I loved you other war server.

What about an oldschool war otserver without bots and hosted in usa :D?

Back