• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Regarding download & run servers and scammers.

You must be kidding. Layout? I have a website with MANY systems that most open tibia servers don't even have - addon makers, quest makers, unique war statistics including every guild's member addons, quest, level, frags etc. A nice system of smoothly opening categories, only 1 category can be open at once.. But some noob will just go into the website, look at the layout and say "oh jesus, i've seen this layout 50000 times"... I think you are completely wrong with this point. I am using a normal tibia.com layout and I honestly think that this layout is very good because it is very easy to understand, it's nice and readable.

Ohh sorry, I have spent the last 2 years on my project, I had 1 map first but then I switched to a full rl map... OF COURSE IT WAS DOWNLOADED BECAUSE IT IS A FULL RL MAP. How can it not be downloaded? Of course I added 3 totally new islands that are very good looking. Also, why should I hire someone for a full time job if I like to work on my own? Yes, it took me 2 years and now I'm about to put it on dedicated server. Of course I had MANY help with making the website and moving islands around the map. I also paid one person to make 1 single lua system for me. But just because I paid them and they will not be in staff on my server, it doesn't mean that I worked alone and even if I did - maybe I like it? Of course I agree that there should be people in the staff that will help players while I will be offline. So give them a tutor first, then senior tutor, then gm and then cm and then maybe even god.

@Red

I like the blacklist as well but exactly as u said - the recommended list should NOT be there.

You should calm down, read the thread again and get the message.

Why is tibianic there? I don't see what he does which is so special.

Is it a download and run? Definitely not.
He is right on his points, the website looks like he made it all by himself.
Does not offer donation items, but still accepts donations.
Money is well spent towards the server, not for the owner to purchase drugs.

well he used exactly the same website as his other ot, he just changed the exp rates, some little formulas. what else did he do? he just done a replica of his low rate server with some little adjustments.

That's why I think that there should be no "recommended servers" on the list... Because for some people recommended means stable and they dont give a shit what does hoster do with the money he gets... and for some people it means exactly the same thing as for u...

so in my opinion, just get rid of "Recommended servers" list :)

That's why I think that there should be no "recommended servers" on the list... Because for some people recommended means stable and they dont give a shit what does hoster do with the money he gets... and for some people it means exactly the same thing as for u...

so in my opinion, just get rid of "Recommended servers" list :)

He doesn't have to remove it, it's based on his opinions.
And a lot of people agree to his opinions, NOT EVERYONE, but there are people who do.
If you wanna make your own list, then go ahead, no one is stopping you.

@Evan
Well if its only about his opinions then why is he creating a thread in Discussion board??

Then he should go Chit Chat board maybe... Or advertisement board because he is just advertising servers that in someone's opinion isn't good.

In my opinion, a good server is a server where hoster does something (like updates etc), a server must be stable (no kicks, lags etc) and of course the main quests should work properly (im talking about rl map server here). If the server has those things, I don't give a shit what hoster does with the money because he deserves the money for such a good server.

If everyone would create threads with their opinions, think what would happen before I will encourage all people to do so :p

Advertise board is for servers that is online/upcoming, Chit chat board has nothing to do with Open Tibia discussions. So this thread is in the right place.

Talaturen himself approved this. He told me where to post it, and how to post it, what to avoid writing etc.

As Evan stated, its my opinions, you dont have to agree with me. Im just giving you a thought of how a good server should look, and how a terrible one looks.

Before anyone gets any ideas about ghostot. IT ISN'T RELATED TO ME SO TO THE TWO MEMBERS WHO EMAILED ME SAYING "HAHA YOU'RE SERVER HAS BEEN NAMED AND SHAMED" and directed me to here - you have the wrong guy. lol.

I agree 100% with the OP about download and run servers.

My server (100% custom rpg.. REALLY) WILL have donations (nothing overpowered) but i don't care about making money, i am prepared to be out of pocket and still run the server, i have the money already to back it so why do i need more? The donation option will just be to "help" me out, as it should be used!

Also the only donation options i will have will be:
1.) "vip" which only entitles to *some* spawn areas, charter to a new island (with custom sprited monsters) and some other unique
features and it will be a buy once, all characters and forever job.
2.) A few unique items that will be high stat'd equipment of course, e.g. A helmet with def: 18 and speed and regen properties maybe.

Also you will be able to get, once have all 50 achievement points, VIP and this "donation" set.

so SOME servers that have these options are still hmm "pure" servers but i guess you should watch them all..

A key rule to remember is: Pretty much every low rate RPG server is for the experience and not for money. Since those are the servers where so much time and effort has been put into them. And that is custom RPG servers, no real maps, those that are all 100% made by the members of the server's team.

So if you are worried about where your money is going and want the "investment" into the server to be more "meaningful" then "invest" into an rpg server.

Sorry for that GhostX, ill add that to the main post to avoid more missunderstandings.

PS; There website looks pretty much like one big bug atm. xD

MySql errors all over it rofl xD Wonder what makes the players staying there... No-logout zones?

Last edited:
Although I respect your opinion and observation - Yes, the template of the website is Valhalla by Vean, and the background image was created uniquely for Cyntara. afaik the knights were copied from another source but the text is original (even had elf asking for it - if I created it I would have shared it). The AAC was developed 100% privately and afaik there is only one other server not hosted by me that's using it. It looks just like Gesior and works as simply as it does, but it is coded professionally. It was also the only website that could not be exploited by Amoaz (1/10). Anyway, the regular donations include $5, $15, and $30 options. For the month of march I offered my players something special for something they would have done anyway. If you also read the entire newsbit, you'll see that I am offering free points to players that bring friends, whether their friends donate or not. I'm not going to go into how much I pay for scripts (Cast system/TD/Custom Halo Zombies/Custom Black ops Zombies/Custom CTF) and much much more. At core, Cyntara is a RoXoR server, but RoXoR servers only accommodated up to level 350 or so, and my server (along with Heltera) were the only two with a custom potions system.

Amoaz, if this post is spamming your thread I'll delete it immediately. I just think it's a bum rap to hear that my server that I've been hosting for more than three consecutive years is being called download-and-run <_<

@OT: I feel like a "recommended server" section may be a bit advertising-ish, obviously Chris and Bogart already saw this thread and thought it didn't need to be altered/deleted so I won't do anything either. I very much do like the blacklist, albeit subjective.
Red

Don't feel like that, your server is very Hard Worked, My respects to you :)

Sad thing is this guy got aprox 100 characters in Trainers on no-logout tiles :(

Ghost ot 100% TRUE, The owner from there had a little error in gift shop he couldn't manage that error for hours and then he asked me and I managed it in less than 5 minutes

Bumping this again. New noobs joined the forum and no matter where I look I tend to run into threads like "Give me full server pack no bugs" "Help me fix this, need full server" blabla bullshit. Seriously, why dosnt you mods just ban people with 1 post asking for "full" shit, probably already released by someone, but they are just too retarded to search for it. Then I dont see any point at all why they would manage an OT server.

And someone never contributing with anything asking for a bunch of people creating or fixing their problems, I mean comeon, where is this heading? I Love to do shit for free, but I never help babys who never contributed with anything themselfs.

Help others -> get help. Logics anyone?

Some responsibility before this forum is full of 10 post people asking for help to setup their "full" ots, please?

I understand your frustration but you can't just ban them off. Sometimes people are in the giving mood, and they'll assist someone who can't do it themselves. If someone is notorious for asking for help (and refusing to learn) or asking absurd requests they're not helped. And if you ban them from the community they're never given a chance to learn. When I joined the Open Tibia community I didn't know what the hell an XML file was, or even a Lua file. I didn't even know how to OPEN them. When I joined OtLand I never even knew what MySQL was, and I asked a lot of dumb shit too. Sometimes I was helped, sometimes I wasn't. But I don't agree they should be banned, because if they're willing to learn they should be helped. And the people that ask for full servers, they aren't going to get help anyway because that's ridiculous.

Personally, I say less support for shop systems and make packages for people who want "full servers", but exclude shop systems from the bundles. Give them means to start servers, but don't let them run a server just to make a few dollars and shut it down.

Red

Thing is its always the same retarded look on the "give me shit" threads. Ill give you some examples and you'll see what I mean.

http://otland.net/f132/tibia-7-72-distribution-real-map-163474/
http://otland.net/f132/9-60-stable-distribution-166056/
http://otland.net/f132/need-svargrond-arena-mod-scripts-165946/
http://otland.net/f132/real-tibia-npc-pack-forgotten-server-0-2-a-165338/

It would take 10 seconds to search, instead they waste precious forum space asking for things that they either wont get for free or things that has already been released. It just pisses me off :)

When I were new here, I didnt create any threads. Maybe im different and aproach problems in odd ways but Ive always been good at computers in general, viruses etc, and when I got here, I kept reading threads that educated stuff, instead of making stupid threads where people could post their results of something that they had been working hard on to first understand and then create, just for me to rip off and make money off.
When I then approach problems that I wasnt very good at (still happends alot) I ask people that I know understand them, and they have always helped me in any way possible. In return, Ive never hesitated to help them for free, with whatever problems they have. For example ive secured several webpages without charging anything or asking for anything, because I know that one day, I will need them, and they will help me.
What goes around comes around, you cant just sit back and ask people to do shit for you then ignore them.

But yes Red, you got a good point with the shop systems.

Still dont know whats worst though, the people requesting stuff that can be found in 10 seconds, or people actually helping them by posting search results just begging for someone to hit that rep++ key.

I have to agree with Red, sure they are annoying, but we can't just ban them, the problem with all these "new-age noobs" is that they don't even try, when I got into OT I probably also asked for alot of stupid stuff, but I always tried to do it myself, I don't blame them, I blame the current generation, making everything too easy and people(mainly kids) almost don't have to do anything to get what they wanted

Back