• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

7.72 real map server[highrate] in progress

Meeeeeeeeh it looks so empty without it :(
Ya about border, but as I said it's just basic yet.. I rather have the functions to start with, rather than awesome looks :)
once I've done with the functions needed for the players to handle themselves, I can do exactly what I want with the website :)

By the way, showing off how basic it is, and post my changes with pictures, make it hell lot more interesting to follow my progress.
Plus that people can see I'm working a lot to improve things :)

How about having the website live? Then people can check out for themselves how the development is going :)
I've done the same thing with mine, if you feel like checking it out: <click here>

I currently only got the sign up and the login fixed, however, both are extremely nice done :D

The website and forum is now online on my domain ot-stuffs.net
The game-website, is as I've said earlier only basic yet.

"Account" is the only category at this point which has working functions in it. those are "login".
The functions for create account and lost account is only half finished and offline for the moment.

Feel free to sign up on the forum if you wish, I will not reset it anyway.

Even if this server is going to be similar to Mastercores, there's only so much you can do to an old school server so most of them are basically the same anyway. Atleast this server will be looked after and won't reset 5 times in 2 months. Quite clearly OT Stuffs is open to suggestions and likes to listen to peoples constructive input on his project unlike Erik(?) who fooled alot of people a multiple of times and didn't care less on what people had to say.

OT: Looking good so far, looking forward for its release!

Well, I don't want it to become too quiet, so I might as well show off wtf I'm doing behind the screen..

Right now I'm masturbating to rammstein.. (nah.. only if it's possible by web-sources)

Lets have a look how the create account-functions are coming today, shall we? :)
Lets click it!!
24mz4n6.jpg

Oh, some weird questions, first attempt to stop bots(YES, it's a CHEAP one.. but it's enough for the basics).
j8nuxf.jpg

Holy crap, I do know maths!! o_O
Lets get our account created!

eqb8ex.jpg

Yaay, account is created!
2l9gmxy.jpg

Once the account is created, you'll be logged in automatically, so you don't have to go around being annoyed you have to login manually the first time..

Well, this is what I've been doing the last hour.

You shoulndt add words after the questions Create a character? (yeah?) should be removed since it seems so fucking improfessional but ur professional so you'd make yourself look as an fool, please remove it.

You shoulndt add words after the questions Create a character? (yeah?) should be removed since it seems so fucking improfessional but ur professional so you'd make yourself look as an fool, please remove it.

Mind asking me what it is before you throw it out like that?
"Create character, yeah?" is an replacement of the function.

I needed a "mark" that would be throwed out if everything works fine.
I need to make sure it loads all the way.. that's why the text, I often use such lines to "marks".

Check out here for example:
OT-Stuffs

click "create account", and this comes up "So.. you want to create an account?", instead of the actual creation. (Still old files, haven't updated for a few hours so the new creation isn't in there yet)

So please, next time if something seems odd, ask me if that's right, before you put it out like I don't know what I'm doing.
Thank you in advance =)

It clearly shows that you didnt read my whole post? I never mentioned thta you didnt know what you did?

I clearly said dont make the website look like im-professional (not professional) for a person which is professional (you)
thanks asap.

It clearly shows that you didnt read my whole post? I never mentioned thta you didnt know what you did?

I clearly said dont make the website look like im-professional (not professional) for a person which is professional (you)
thanks asap.

and I was just saying what I thought after reading your lines.
Adding lines like that, like I wouldn't know it's not very professional to do.

but nvm all the argues, argue is bad.. Mmmkay.. smoking too.. Mmmkay xD
Sorry, dry humor, sitting and concentrate behind endless lines of codes make you feel anti-social after a bit and mess you up xD or me at least haha :D

Hope your OT gets well and online as fast as possible.

thank you :)
kinda awesome I'm working night this week, spending max 7 hours at work then, rest I can use private :)
So for this week I got lots of time I can use to finish the project :p

my head idea is to make the webpage functional as I said in the main post, when all those functions exist and are working safely, and once I'm done going through the server, I'll release the project.
Once launched, I will make pretty much daily updates on website, probably with the game too from what people would report, like map bugs or w.e there's to report :p

and I was just saying what I thought after reading your lines.
Adding lines like that, like I wouldn't know it's not very professional to do.

but nvm all the argues, argue is bad.. Mmmkay.. smoking too.. Mmmkay xD
Sorry, dry humor, sitting and concentrate behind endless lines of codes make you feel anti-social after a bit and mess you up xD or me at least haha :D

You need endless lines of code to create an account? :p

You need endless lines of code to create an account? :p

Yes! Endless! I'm having a script to make it endless!
PHP:
$i = 0;
while($i < 1){
$i = 0;
 echo $another_line_of_code;
}

Haha, nah but there's so much more than database-insert!
You must actually select your account too!!!!! hard as fuck.. what should I chose? 5 numbers at least... is "666" 5 numbers? :O

Nah, but there's a hell lot of lines to avoid hijacking and similar, or injections and shit.. also a lot of checks, values or errors and so on, a global-network within the codes, to make sure everything will roll with everything else, and if not.. make sure it's nothing anyone could abuse before the error reaches me.

:)

It's a highrate, sure.. but that's not a reason for me to make it easier for hackers :D

Yes! Endless! I'm having a script to make it endless!
PHP:
$i = 0;
while($i < 1){
$i = 0;
 echo $another_line_of_code;
}

Haha, nah but there's so much more than database-insert!
You must actually select your account too!!!!! hard as fuck.. what should I chose? 5 numbers at least... is "666" 5 numbers? :O

Nah, but there's a hell lot of lines to avoid hijacking and similar, or injections and shit.. also a lot of checks, values or errors and so on, a global-network within the codes, to make sure everything will roll with everything else, and if not.. make sure it's nothing anyone could abuse before the error reaches me.

:)

It's a highrate, sure.. but that's not a reason for me to make it easier for hackers :D

Some addslashes and htmlspecialchars and you're good.

Use javascript to insert a max lenght, min lenght and only numbers 0-9.

Use PHP to check if the inputs are empty or not.

Use PHP to check if the given account already exists ( or not ).

Insert into database.

That's not that much of work to be honest. And this is even the 'long' way.

Write a function that checks for lenghts and valid chars.

Insert into database.

Trust me, it's not that big of a deal :p

Some addslashes and htmlspecialchars and you're good.

Use javascript to insert a max lenght, min lenght and only numbers 0-9.

Insert into database.

That's not that much of work to be honest. And this is even the 'long' way.

Write a function that checks for lenghts and valid chars.

Insert into database.

Trust me, it's not that big of a deal :p

No it's not, When you have no idea how easy it is to hack into a webpage :)
I know exactly what I'm doing, and I'm not doing lots of "unnecessary codes" if that's what you believe.

But end of that story, lets just smile and hope that water taste strawberry tomorrow :D

Updated the main post, the part that says which functions I'm working on and added "completed" to a few.

Also I made a little design update(nothing big thou), which also includes little menu.

When you're not logged in, there will be a little button to the right, offer you to login.
3588gmb.jpg

And once you're in, you'll have another little menu to watch out, for now there's only a logout button that works.
30cy4ae.jpg

Edit: Time for bed, it's passed 02:00 here now.
I'll transfer the new web files to the server host tomorrow, probably after I get home from work (which will be past 21:30~ at evening)

Really nice proyect, but i don't like real map servers... but ofc i will play this, i have 3 years working on my own proyect but sometimes i take a rest to play some good ot, and this look like it will be really good, keep going!

Back