• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

7.72 real map server[highrate] in progress

OT Stuffs

OT-Stuffs.net
Reaction score
Well, As I'm doing lots of shit I thought I might as well make a thread there I share what exactly I've done to the server.

First off, I got my hands on what appears to be a full real map server of 7.72 with all npcs and shit in it.
However I've checked through all sources and files for "item bugs", just to be on the safe side.
And I'm working to improve the server a lot, as the sources seems to be very basic at this moment.

Here's the thread I started at first place: http://otland.net/f251/highrate-7-7-server-whos-159983/

The server will be a highrate, for fun so people can do something fun at spare times.
The exp stages that came to my mind is:
Lua:
1-9: 100x
10-19: 80x
20-29: 60x
30-39: 40x
40-49: 30x
50-59: 20x
60-69: 15x
70-79: 10x
80-89: 8x
90-99: 6x
100-129: 5x
130-159: 3x
160+: 2x

What I've done so far, before I made this thread:
*Checked all source files, fixed and modified a lot of codes that were badly made, or that were half-bugged.
*Checked all NPCs files, fixed and modified more than half of them due to badly made codes.
*Check the map for valuable items so there's no "item bugs" that were passed on to me.

To do list before launch said:
*Basically going through the entire server, getting it as close to real 7.7 as possible.
Code:
	+Check all files for bugs and issues
		+Fix all bugs
		+Improve codes

+Add features that doesn't exist in the server
		+Auto systems to handle the server completely automatic

*Creating a website for the server(from scratch, as I don't have anything to build from)
Lua:
	+Account functions
		+Login	-	-	-	-(Completed)
		+Logout	-	-	-	-(Completed)
		+Create Account	-	-	-(Completed)
		+Create Character	-	-(Completed)

+Community stuffs
		+View Characters
		+View Highscores
		+View Guilds

Guild Functions
		+Create Guild
			+Add members
			+Add leaders
			+Change nicks
			+Kick members
			+Add comment
			+Add image icon
			+Pass leadership
		+Disband Guild

Last edited:
Post for Progress

5:th June said:
Code:
	*Added Global Server Save
		+Launches a server save every 24 hours at an exakt time.
		+Gives 3 warnings, 5, 3, 1 minutes warnings.
		+Kick all players online before the actual save, to reduce CPU usage during the save.
		+Automatically restarts the world once it saves and open it, (Once everyone is kicked, the game will be online again within 2-4 minutes).

*Added Real tibia travel system, with PZ
		+Can't travel after attacked/killed other players

*Fixed an anti-dile bug
		+You got kicked, but the client keept staying online, making the client to freeze, and you have to restart the client to login again
		+From now on, both character and client will be kicked from the game after anti-idle.

6:th June said:
Can't see into the future... yet..
Information will be added during the day/evening of June 6:th!

Last edited:
@Shockah, I was hoping to be done within a week.
I work pretty fast once I sit down :)

@Topic,
I successfully created an automated world-save system that will launch a global save every XX:XX clock.
20j3020.jpg

It will give you warnings like rl tibia, and kick all players when clock hits xx:00, after that the game will be online little more, to save and backup data and after that it will automatically restart :)

It's good to see someone who seems will actually care about the OT/Community and not just try and get personal gain out of it.

@Shockah, Thank You! I will do my most to not disappoint anyone!

@Topic,
I just tested another feature I've actually never seen in any OT yet (maybe bad luck at looking for it?)

Anyhow, I made a rl system with boats, that you will NOT be able to travel during the time you have PZ after attacked other players (avoiding pz bugs in boats, with the original way)
zydpwx.jpg

Attacking a player will give you 60 secs "exhaust" or what to call it in this case.
Killing a player will give you 15 min exhaust. and it doesn't matter if the player was skulled or not.

Edit: in the picture, the Captain says "madam", that's a fail by me, as my admin character is set as a female atm, hahaha

Thank you :)
I will keep it up! hopefully I will be able to show something from what my ideas about the homepage will be like :)

Edit for topic,

Found another, bit annoying bug.
After my PZ testing at boats, I went back to C++ to fix and do stuffs + checked OTland to help some nuubs with scripts. then after almost half an hour I saw this:
2r2sy3b.jpg

The character was idle and got kicked, but the client is still online >.<
This thing have been fixed, so from now on, if you get idnle kicked, the client will also logout (if it don't, it freeze and you have to restart it, so it was an annoying bug)

Last edited:
He's adding features that already exist in almost all distros ?

* Anti-idle
* Boat System
* Other things...

It's another copy of MasterCores...

Last edited by a moderator:
@Nottinghster, as I told you on private, I don't want anything with you to do, you post your damn links to your server everywhere, I don't think I've seen a single oldschool thread that doesn't have your links in them.
And what I do, is building a great server from barely nothing at all, Unlike you, I chose to start with a blank paper when I'm about to draw, I don't want some photoshopped stuffs on the painting! understand what I'm saying?
I want a distro with as little crap as possible! so the chance there's bugged codes are less. and that I myself can code and add everything that's missing, and make it work without lots of CPU usage or without crashing the server every now and then.

Hope I was clear enough, now stay out of my thread, and remove your damn links, they give me eye cancer.

Edit: translation to what I said for idiots.
computer = server sources, in this tale.
If you're about to host a server, and got a computer. You'd like it empty, to install whatever you need it to have(so there's not CPU usage to things you absolutely don't want).
What you want Nottinghster, is to start off with a family computer having msn, skype, microsoft-office and everything else crap in it before you start to host.

@Topic,

I've started to work on the website.
It's very basic at this point, right now I'm focusing on the account functions.

Functions:
Lua:
	+Account functions
		+Login
		+Logout
		+Create Account

This is how the login window looks at this moment(not done, still working on systems, and testing look types)
244xyec.jpg

Edit:
Made a fast change:
1z689qg.jpg

Eum, ignore all the OT-Stuffs things..
And yeah, the website is being made by me completely from scratch =)

OT Stuffs said:
And what I do, is building a great server from barely nothing at all, Unlike you, I chose to start with a blank paper when I'm about to draw, I don't want some photoshopped stuffs on the painting! understand what I'm saying?

I started my server from ZERO, I have the map since 2005~2006 (It's the original one), and started to work in 2008.

OT Stuffs said:
I myself can code and add everything that's missing, and make it work without lots of CPU usage or without crashing the server every now and then.

I can code and fix everythin' that I want, mine distro is perfect, don't need to add anythin' right now...
Every little bug was fixed.

I won't remove my "damn" server link, it is on my signature ;]

And to u know about the HOST THING, I have a empty computer for it...

Again, don't talk what you don't know, this will just you demote!

Last edited by a moderator:
@Topic,

I've started to work on the website.
It's very basic at this point, right now I'm focusing on the account functions.

Functions:
Lua:
	+Account functions
		+Login
		+Logout
		+Create Account

This is how the login window looks at this moment(not done, still working on systems, and testing look types)
244xyec.jpg

Edit:
Made a fast change:
1z689qg.jpg

Eum, ignore all the OT-Stuffs things..
And yeah, the website is being made by me completely from scratch =)

Remove the "you're not logged in". It makes sense that if someone wants to access an account he/she will have to login first, lol.
Also, remove the table/div borders. It looks really dumb if you display them as plain borders :p

Remove the "you're not logged in". It makes sense that if someone wants to access an account he/she will have to login first, lol.
Also, remove the table/div borders. It looks really dumb if you display them as plain borders :p

Meeeeeeeeh it looks so empty without it :(
Ya about border, but as I said it's just basic yet.. I rather have the functions to start with, rather than awesome looks :)
once I've done with the functions needed for the players to handle themselves, I can do exactly what I want with the website :)

By the way, showing off how basic it is, and post my changes with pictures, make it hell lot more interesting to follow my progress.
Plus that people can see I'm working a lot to improve things :)

You could save some time by just simply using Nicaw : P

Back