• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[8.54] The Forgotten Server 0.3.6pl1 (Crying Damson)

i tried to compile this with Code::Blocks + these libraries MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service but i have error like this, can you help me ?
-------------- Build: default in TheForgottenServer ---------------

Compiling: ..\gui_resources.rc
Proces pr˘bowaˆ zapisu do nieistniejĄcego potoku. (process tried to save to no existing stream)
<built-in>:0: fatal error: when writing output to : Invalid argument
compilation terminated.
windres.exe: 036PL1~1.R96\GUI_RE~1.RC:2: syntax error
windres.exe: preprocessing failed.
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
2 errors, 0 warnings
it not working even when i commented whole file

When any player on the server uses the aleta grav "door list" command, and puts only "*" in the door list. The server will crash. Not everytime. But after so many doors it will....

What is the difference between GUI and Console?

GUI gives you more options, such as restarting things, or shutting down, saving, or even banning a character in the console.

The console simply just runs the server and you must do all of the commands in-game.

Help needed!
I followed this tutorial, and everything was fine... unitl I tried to open the cryingdamsen.exe file, and received an error.
It's in hebrew, and I might be very lame in trying to translate it...
it says something like: "Windows could not reach the hardware, the route or the mentioned(chosen?) file. It's possible you don't have the right permission to reach the file."

I'm using Windows 7, by the way. downloaded the console version (the gui version is just the same, doesn't work)
thanks~ :)

so he is working in priv o.o
bad elf
come work public -.-

Best server I used :)

Anyone got a good map to go with this please? Thanks <3

Best server I used :)

Anyone got a good map to go with this please? Thanks <3

What type of map are you looking for.

Found a good
PVP called Moon ots here http://otland.net/f464/8-54-evo-moonots-119711/ has alot of good stuff,

RPG Eldinworld is good and solid

Q:So there is a 8.6 version of this in the donator section?
no
Real answer: Yes in the code you can change the 8.54 to a 8.60 client and works fine.
File is: resources.h
C Code:
C++:
#define CLIENT_VERSION_MIN 854
#define CLIENT_VERSION_MAX 854 ------------------------------------------------ Change this to 860
#define CLIENT_VERSION_STRING "Only clients with protocol 8.54 allowed!" ---------------------------- Change this to 8.60

#define STATUS_SERVER_NAME "The Forgotten Server"
#define STATUS_SERVER_VERSION "0.3.6_SVN" ---------------------------------- Change this to 0.3.7
#define STATUS_SERVER_CODENAME "Crying Damson"
#define STATUS_SERVER_PROTOCOL "8.54" ------------------------------------ Change this to 8.60

Q:Is there a way to make this compatible with 8.7?
no
Real answer: NO! just because of the mount issue. It may be possible to make the client think it is 8.70 by doing the 8.60 trick, but is not tested.

Q: So there is a 8.6 version of this in the donator section?
A: by Evil Puncker - no
Real answer: Yes in the code you can change the 8.54 to a 8.60 client and works fine.

File is: resources.h

C Code:
C++:
#define CLIENT_VERSION_MIN 854
 #define CLIENT_VERSION_MAX 854 ------------------------------------------------ Change this to 860
 #define CLIENT_VERSION_STRING "Only clients with protocol 8.54 allowed!" ---------------------------- Change this to 8.60

#define STATUS_SERVER_NAME "The Forgotten Server"
 #define STATUS_SERVER_VERSION "0.3.6_SVN" ---------------------------------- Change this to 0.3.7
 #define STATUS_SERVER_CODENAME "Crying Damson"
 #define STATUS_SERVER_PROTOCOL "8.54" ------------------------------------ Change this to 8.60

Q:Is there a way to make this compatible with 8.7?
A: by Evil Puncker - no
Real answer: NO! just because of the mount issue. It may be possible to make the client think it is 8.70 by doing the 8.60 trick, but is not tested.

C Code:
c++ code [.cpp]Test[./cpp]

Last edited by a moderator:
thx

Wooow elfy, I gonna rep++ you for this good relese to forum, Why arent you a damn admin lol..

/rachish

Back