• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

an annoying window shows up in remers map editor very often how to remove it?

byllan1337

I'm back!
Reaction score
Hello, you can see the window next to the statue. I don't know what kind of window that is or how to remove it.

EDIT: Where do i download the lastest rme ? The program is outdated on the rme website.

PmotuZQv3.png

Last edited:
Alright I've literally pushed every option and button on my keyboard, and I cannot replicate your problem.
I would suggest opening %appdata% or something similar on your version of windows..
C:\Users\Xikini\AppData\Roaming -- my directory.
%appdata% -- copy pasting this into windows explorer should bring you there though.. and make sure you have hidden folder options disabled. check google if unsure.
Anyways!
Uninstall remere's then delete "Remere's Map Editor" from app data, and from program files, so that there is nothing on your computer from Remere's Map Editors previous versions, like settings et cetera.
Then reinstall remere's map editor, and see if it's fixed your problem.
If all else fails, reinstall from scratch and if the problem occurs again hope you can remember what you pushed! -- Xikini's policy on programs that break.

Im very sure. Cuz i only use the mouse when i'm mapping.
I just don't see how it's possible if you did a fresh install of the software. I've haven't seen that window in years.
I'd even be willing to install team viewer just to troubleshoot with you.
I don't like things I don't understand :p

Many things can cause that window to appear,
such as a default program on your PC like magnifier,
or some other hardware like extra mouse buttons.

Have you got the same problem on other programs or only RME?

Well i reinstalled the whole computer like 3 weeks ago and same thing. That reinstall means reinstall of rme and graphics and it was
like this before i reinstall it that's was why i reinstall it.
What we are all saying is that none of us has seen that window in ages, or at all.
So if you reinstalled everything properly you wouldn't be seeing that window any longer.

Either your installing that same RME as before, or your not uninstalling or reinstalling it properly or there would be a solution by now.

Back