• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Ascalon - The revival

@up
And so you will :)

About the bad things that some of you people said,
I have to disagree and (again) tell you to have patience.
:)
You already created a very bad reputation for yourself.. You literally login once per week to tell us to have patience when you havent showed us any sort of progress.. Hand the project over to someone who has the motivation to finish it cause you obviously cannot do the job yourself.

You already created a very bad reputation for yourself.. You literally login once per week to tell us to have patience when you havent showed us any sort of progress.. Hand the project over to someone who has the motivation to finish it cause you obviously cannot do the job yourself.
haters gonna hate

The more than likely reason for @Gaal not posting more is that OTLand is filled with a bunch of arrogant unappreciative kids that take advantage of peoples hard work. All people do now is complain and complain and complain about how some don't "work fast enough" or "doesn't post every other day"

You guys ask for more detailed posts, which takes time away from making the server better (Time that some people just do not have nowadays). I used to love coming on OTLand and chatting about upcoming OTs and peoples art / maps. But now it's hard to even find any active people that still enjoy posting such things anymore.

All of the custom server owners / creators are repeatedly harassed and called out on a daily basis. I would really really enjoy watching some of you make your own servers (And not just a click and run or a RL Map) and undoubtedly fail miserably.

If you crave Ascalons come back then let @Gaal figure out when he posts and what he posts.
If you crave Ascalons eventual come back but in a very distant future, keep pestering him, keep spamming his thread with useless comments. Maybe he will eventually give up and not even release the server to you whiny brats.

Sorry to some of you that this doesn't apply to, you know who you are.

/rant over

Last edited:
The more than likely reason for @Gaal not posting more is that OTLand is filled with a bunch of arrogant unappreciative kids that take advantage of peoples hard work. All people do now is complain and complain and complain about how some don't "work fast enough" or "doesn't post every other day"

You guys ask for more detailed posts, which takes time away from making the server better (Time that some people just do not have nowadays). I used to love coming on OTLand and chatting about upcoming OTs and peoples art / maps. But now it's hard to even find any active people that still enjoy posting such things anymore.

All of the custom server owners / creators are repeatedly harassed and called out on a daily basis. I would really really enjoy watching some of you make your own servers (And not just a click and run or a RL Map) and undoubtedly fail miserably.

If you crave Ascalons come back then let @Gaal figure out when he posts and what he posts.
If you crave Ascalons eventual come back but in a very distant future, keep pestering him, keep spamming his thread with useless comments. Maybe he will eventually give up and not even release the server to you whiny brats.

Sorry to some of you that this doesn't apply to, you know who you are.

/rant over

He explains the situation perfectly..
I'm really sorry that it takes longer than expected :(
I'm doing my best and I'm sorry it's not enough for some of you
Right now I'm fixing bugs and afterward the plan is to run more tests and then..
Open the last era of Ascalon.

Well I understand if ur making a server from scratch yes it takes a very long time, but it's a complete server that you are changing lmao. If it comes online and the map is basically the same and barely anything has changed it just shows that you took a very long time on a "update" not even a different version lol. Also before you come and call me out and talk shit he's been working on the server for like 4+ months

Well I understand if ur making a server from scratch yes it takes a very long time, but it's a complete server that you are changing lmao. If it comes online and the map is basically the same and barely anything has changed it just shows that you took a very long time on a "update" not even a different version lol. Also before you come and call me out and talk shit he's been working on the server for like 4+ months
So what?! It is now in his hands now and is therefore his choice as to status, release, updates and posts, is it not?

So what?! It is now in his hands now and is therefore his choice as to status, release, updates and posts, is it not?
I think what he was trying to say is people would be upset if he strung people along for months, saying he was changing, updating, and improving the server, then subsequently released the same crap as before.

You of all shouldnt be talking, Where is the other project u had some months ago? And what happend with the other. U got tons of donate and couldnt even have a stable dedi.

Blinkz, Please go and host a server and when you are done u are allowed to talk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blinkz, Please go and host a server and when you are done u are allowed to talk.
You don't like what I have to say? Blow me I could care less lol. Acting like there was months and months of bugs that needed to be fixed on a complete server like give me a break lmao. Also @Demon Overlord you hit it right on the head about what I was saying.

You of all shouldnt be talking, Where is the other project u had some months ago? And what happend with the other. U got tons of donate and couldnt even have a stable dedi.
Everybody keeps attempting to tell me that I shouldn't be talking, yet im more experienced with OT servers than 95% of the people in this thread.. I know when someone is bullshitting us and its so god damn easy to tell that @Gaal haven't been working on the OT at all the past few weeks. Stop trying to criticize me over how much I shouldn't be talking because I have a couple servers that went up and down and start focusing on yourself instead.

If you read before you type you would have know that the project I started a few months ago which was Collapser Zulu Resurrection project went on hold because Gut decided to start working on v2.0.
If you're referring to my current project its just a server whos not expecting to ever go online, but its a little fun project of mine where I post updates if I feel like it, and I work on it if I feel like it.

Well, I'm going to stop to respond to the senseless negative replies here.
I've heard the stories about old team members(blazed druid for example)
And I dont think that I need to show any spoilers but just keep working and do what I do.
Any of you who dont have the patience, you dont have to wait for it
It's ok, really ,no hard feelings (like I said before)

I would love to see you online though

Glad to see that at least few things in this world stays stable. Like trash-talking about Ascalon, that's the stablest thing in the world I guess ^^ Hello there guys, long time no see =D Was fun to red this thread, time has passed and nothing changed, folks are complaining about Ascalon =D Please, give some love to Gaal, I honestly not putting much effort to watch his work, but he surely did a lot of commits during last months, I would say more than any other developer before(except me ofc). Anyway, was nice to see you here, hello :)

Fare ??:eek: nice to see you again ascalon will open again ??? sorry i don't connect with my friends from long time .

The topic owner could've not respond to any message, but instead he decided to answer on the messages, which displays that he is interacting with the potential players.
But instead he receives 80% of the time negative responses, which could demotivate the topic starter, and yet again no Ascalon.

I don't know about the rest, but I dislike RL map servers and encourage custom ones, the way people are posting negative shit is not to proper way to get more custom servers.

Well I posted my previous experiences and some general ideas about how I would improve the server. Gaal can just work those ideas out how he likes :)

I like that someone is putting time in this epic server again. And ofc he deserves a big thanks for it!

Last edited:
@Excellent I have to agree and disagree. We didn't start posting supposed negative comments before several weeks after we heard nothing/saw no new updates. Im honestly hoping that @Gaal is a man of his words and finishes what he started instead of leaving us with false expectations.. Id say expect close to nothing and be suprised rather than be really hyped that theres new stuff while theres still a small chance of being dissapointed..

Thank you all for your support, it means alot.

DestinationSer,
We will just have to wait and see :)

The amount of things being done is hugh,
I know you want to see pictures and explainations..
But like few players said, the amount of energy I have
for this is limited sadly :(
Soon, I hope, the "time" factor wont be an issue and I'll be able to
give alot more of myself to Ascalon.
Remember that the project is no more money-grab or a business but a fun project (to me)
The donation shop has changed. The game has changed.
Dont expect to feel the change in a matter of few minutes of play...
Hopefully, the new content and changes in known systems
and areas will please all of you guys :D

Right now I'm fixing bugs I've made :p
Anymore ideas for new spells? or more changes in spells?

Vocs & spells were +- fine when I played, can balance them when the server is running.
Hard to give feedback like this. Maybe other ppl can give some more insight, ppl that played all vocs.

There are other more important things that need to be fixed & completed first.

Last edited:
Back