• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

ATI Radeon or nVidia Geforce ?

Which one do you think is better?

• nVidia GeForce.

Votes: 48 69.6%
  • ATI Radeon.

Votes: 21 30.4%

• Total voters

Jester

Off
Senator
Reaction score
As im not sure which of this graphic cards work better so i made this thread to ask for your opinion. Im using a nVidia GeForce 7500 LE right now, but a friend use ATI Radeon and he has more fps while playing games.

AMD for gaming.

You're wrong :p Generally the brand doesn't matter. In some cases nVidia is better, in some ATI. It depends on money you want to spread ;)

I've not seen any case where nVidia would be better, so I'd say that you're wrong. I've tried both nVidia and AMD's graphic cards, and the ATI cards has been resulting in more fps and more smooth graphics.

I've not seen any case where nVidia would be better, so I'd say that you're wrong. I've tried both nVidia and AMD's graphic cards, and the ATI cards has been resulting in more fps and more smooth graphics.

Nah. Some companies cooperate with nVidia and some with ATI. I dunno if you know but there was some drives modifications (less sharp edges of shadows, less clear water etc.) that gives some more fps (I dont remeber if its ati or nvidia). Anyway, some games are better with one, other with another card. That's a fact - even in intro you can see "Best quality with ATI" = "We made optimisations to provide the best gaming with ATI cards according to it's structure and drivers". In the price of ~7600GS there isnt any worth this price card of ATI. I mean situation in my country.

Nah. Some companies cooperate with nVidia and some with ATI. I dunno if you know but there was some drives modifications (less sharp edges of shadows, less clear water etc.) that gives some more fps (I dont remeber if its ati or nvidia). Anyway, some games are better with one, other with another card. That's a fact - even in intro you can see "Best quality with ATI" = "We made optimisations to provide the best gaming with ATI cards according to it's structure and drivers". In the price of ~7600GS there isnt any worth this price card of ATI. I mean situation in my country.

i fully agree with you, totally correct!

I prefere Nvidia because a lot of driver updates and fully working with all games :) with ATi i have maked some bad expierence!

Well, before I started this thread I've been surfing into other forums and other people said the same, they go for nVidia vut ATI may be better in other cases but ofc it can give huge problems.

EDIT: The newest nVidia GeForce is 8800 GTS and it cost 650 € and the newest ATI is X1950Pro but costs 200€..
Basically people say that one is as good as the other, but nVidia GeForce 8800 gives some more fps

Last edited:
Well, before I started this thread I've been surfing into other forums and other people said the same, they go for nVidia vut ATI may be better in other cases but ofc it can give huge problems.

EDIT: The newest nVidia GeForce is 8800 GTS and it cost 650 € and the newest ATI is X1950Pro but costs 200€..
Basically people say that one is as good as the other, but nVidia GeForce 8800 gives some more fps

The newest ATI is far from X1950Pro.

http://game.amd.com/us-en/unlock_radeonhd3870x2.aspx

I read PCGamer (Swedish Gaming magazine) just some days ago, and they had a test with ATI's newest (ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2) and Nvidia's newest (Nvidia Quadro FX 4500 X2) and they said that Nvidia's card got better results in 3Dmark2007, and they even ran some tests by themselves and in every test they came up with the same outcome, Nvidia's card was a little better than the ATI card.

As Talaturen says, ATI is best for gaming.. But my vote goes for nVIDIA.

I say nVidia Geforce. I have played with both ATI Radeon (which I am currently using) and I have played with nVidia Geforce. My Geforce was like a miracle and I still love it more than anything. It gives extremely good graphics and just runs smooth. ATI on the other hand, it runs smooth but not as well as the Geforce did. Plus I have been seeing my ATI Radeon running more than 1 process, which is annoying.

Thanks
Cyber_Demon12

Back