• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Best approach on opening a server

Alfa Cento

Reaction score
Hi.

What is the best approach on opening a new OT?

Currently, my idea is to open the server just with the features the comes with the TFS. Is that enough for the start or I should do some hack before opening the server?

Thanks for the help!

Cheers,

You dont have to hack anything or anyone to be successful in the OT world.

You are putting yourself ahead of many of servers even if it's only a small hack (and to clarify to anyone who's confused, hack in this context is changing how something works, not breaking into something). The features that come with TFS are good enough to launch your server, but are not sufficient in the long term on their own. You'll need to retain your players, provide them with a unique experience to choose your server over anyone elses.

Don't waste your time here, Otland users have seen it all as they claim in many other unique ots posts and threads. They will all consider your idea vague and you will not able to move forward. There are only around 10 server worth playing and most of them are real map. You will not be able to retain players. Been around a while, not posting but seeing and I have seen many ideas fail, and creative work not being able to move forward because of otland users claiming that "it is not original, it will not work, it is boring, we have already seen it" or simply saying it is a bad piece of work.

You dont have to hack anything or anyone to be successful in the OT world.
As Mark said, "hack" here menas to change the original TFS :)

You are putting yourself ahead of many of servers even if it's only a small hack (and to clarify to anyone who's confused, hack in this context is changing how something works, not breaking into something). The features that come with TFS are good enough to launch your server, but are not sufficient in the long term on their own. You'll need to retain your players, provide them with a unique experience to choose your server over anyone elses.
I understand Mark. Thanks for the tips. So, I can start my server just with the original TFS and latter insert improvements. I'm glad to here that.
I know that there isn't a magic formula to make an successful OT, but my as fair as I see on other posts on the forum, the main think is to be present in the server with the players and ask them what they wish. That's it?

Don't waste your time here, Otland users have seen it all as they claim in many other unique ots posts and threads. They will all consider your idea vague and you will not able to move forward. There are only around 10 server worth playing and most of them are real map. You will not be able to retain players. Been around a while, not posting but seeing and I have seen many ideas fail, and creative work not being able to move forward because of otland users claiming that "it is not original, it will not work, it is boring, we have already seen it" or simply saying it is a bad piece of work.
Hi Elyth. I don't intend to advertise the OT server now. I still need to buy a server and prepare all the "ground". I just make the server work on a 1GB Linux VM on VirtualBox. My idea with this post is to get information and understand what is the best approach before start investing on the server. As you said, I'm "looking around" first :).

Thanks a lot for the replays. If anybody has any other opinion please, feel free to answer here. I'd be very grateful :)

Cheers,

If you have EVER played tibia, and thought "It would be cool if..."

Then you have what it takes to make your own server. All that is needed is an idea, and a little hard work and you can make something you can share with everyone. And hey, maybe it will be the next big thing.

Start small and improve with small uptades, if you do all in once, it will be chaos and alot of work. My opinion.

Thanks for the comments Flatlander and KabomYaow.

Everybody helped me a lot. Thanks!

Back