• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Cantera.2 - a brand new custom RPG server

Flipparn

I like horses
Reaction score
cantera2.png

Years have passed since the real Cantera was up and running. While I've been on a break from Tibia, other people have kept the original Cantera alive. The time has come for Cantera to be reborn, as a new and more interesting piece of work.

If you don't feel like reading, here's a topic about Cantera.2 in the mapping showoff-section:
http://otland.net/f57/cantera-2-teasers-153146/

The new map
While the new map is very similar to the old Cantera map, it will be alot more detailed and have alot more RPG-feeling. The main island will also be bigger, but you will still have alot of choises when traveling by boat/carpet.

Custom Events
There will be a few event arenas on the Cantera.2 map. Right now, I have planned ONE PvP arena and TWO PvE arenas. The PvE ones will require you to pay a small fee to join, and you'll get item rewards if you complete it. The PvP arena will probably have a mount as reward for the team that wins. All of these events will be controlled by a GM.
arenavm.png

The PvP arenas will require 4-8 teams. There will be 2v2 events and 3v3 events.

Customizing the Tibian way of questing
In Cantera.2, you won't find any quests that are similar to PoI etc. There might be an Annihilator quest, but the big team-quests will be replaced with instances. Just like in the original Cantera, but this time it's serious. Most of the bosses require you to have some kind of tactic, you will probably not survive unless you know what to do. This requires you to learn something new, and that's what's most exciting about this game.

The instances will feature anywhere from one to, say, five bosses. Not only will you get rewarded with items, spells and whatnot when you finish the instances, you'll also get items from the bosses. You'll probably want to do these instances more than once, but you wouldn't do PoI twice, would you?!

I'm pretty sure that you'll enjoy the boss encounters that Cantera.2 has to offer. If not, you'll get your money back! Or... eh. Yeah.

Custom, custom, custom
If you've seen my previous projects, you probably know that Cantera.2 will feature alot of custom features. Everything from spells and items to scripts. Items that aren't that common will be used in instances for example, and who knows, they might give stats that no other items can give you.

As a first example, getting a promotion of your vocation will require you to show that you're worthy of it. You'll be sent to kill a boss, if you succeed you'll be rewarded with items, gold and your first promotion.

Also, while trying to keep things simple, there'll always be things to do and things to grind. New zones will open up all the time, and they'll have new challenges and quests aviable for everyone! Long grind-quests for rare items, addons and mounts will probably piss you off, but they'll also keep you busy.

The rates
I haven't decided on what rates that Cantera.2 will feature. I might want to start a vote on this, and PLEASE comment on what exp~ rate you think that Cantera.2 should have.

Comment, damn it!
Leave a comment, don't be shy to say if there's some information that is missing, or if I should remove something.

Last but not least, this is a project for the people who wants to play Cantera.2, not for me who develop it. I don't want to have it my way, HAVE IT YOUR WAY!

Last edited:
Here's some more information about the instances.

Fort Knox
Lord Canterus and Cantera City is at war. The enemy, Fort Knox, is a city to the north. Their leaders are very powerful and won't give you an easy fight. Your task, as a hero, is to help the Canteran army to secure and take over the fort. You'll be joining the naval fleet on their mission to attack the fort.

First boss
On the way to the fort, a battle between Canteran and Knox ships breaks out. The two last remaining ships will be connected by a bridge, and soldiers will fight face-to-face. The boss is a Grand Marshal in the Knox army. He has fought many battles, and he won't back down. Your goal: kill him and continue to Fort Knox.

Tactics: Kill the soldiers that appear (every 10 seconds) and keep the boss' shockwave away from your party members. More tactics will be added.

Second boss
Not finished. He'll be a hunter, some of the main goals of the fight is to stand still when he throws freezing traps (because if you do not, you won't be able to cast spells for a while) and move away when he throws explosive traps.

Third boss
The high priest of the fort. He has a shadow phase and a holy phase.

Tactics: In his holy phase, he'll summon wisps. These wisps can't be killed, but their health will be drained when they use their powers against you. The wisps will follow the person that the high priest attacks, but they'll attack everyone standing close to them. All you have to do is move away from them. The high priest can't be attacked either, but his health will be drained when he summons the wisps.

After about 60 seconds into the fight, arrows will appear next to some portals in the room. That basically means that you need to get out of the room within 10 seconds, or you're dead. So, enter ANY portal (they lead to the same place). This is his shadow phase. In this phase, there'll be two shadow portals that summon monsters that you need to kill. The high priest will attack with shadow spells, and you can't attack him in this phase either. Repeat everything until he's dead in both of the phases.

Fourth boss
The archmage of the fort. He has a few living flames as guards that you can't attack. Before you start the encounter, a friendly fire elemental will give you his powers. You'll be granted 4000 health and alot of magic levels & attack skills. You'll be taking ALOT of damage in this fight, so you're not going to be an immortal with 4000 extra health points.

Tactics: Not finished yet. Kill him before you lose your powers.

Fifth boss
The lord of the fort. He's also masters thunder, making him a thunderlord. He'll summon thunderstorms that run around in the room, he'll also do alot of attacks that cover most of the room. Basically, this fight requires you to stay alive. Be ready to take alot of damage, no matter what role you have in your party.

Tactics: Not finished yet.

Halls of Volchan
- More information will be added later.

Molten Caverns
Deep below Volcana you'll find the Molten Caverns.

- More information will be added later.

Last edited:
Looking quite awesome! Instances and PVP is what makes Cantera what it is :3 I almost feel like designing some Tibiastyle instances myself now.

Gief Ultraxion style boss. I also like the concept of being warned where a spell is going to be cast and having to react to it in time.

Now, do I play a druid or a knight?

What I'm most excited about is probably the interaction this server will feature, since what held it together was the events, raids and team quests, which lead into PVP.

Last edited:
I've been waiting like crazy for you!

I know that you're an instace fan, so I'll need you on my side like always! ;)

Speaking of pvp, I haven't been focusing on it on any of my projects, but since Cantera was kept alive by people that love pvp, I need to put some focus on that aswell. Balancing the voxations will be a big part of this project, but keeping pvp in consideration when mapping will also be obe of my goals.

I don't want to force people into pve, but custom pvp spells will probably be a reward from the instances.

I'll try to post some kind of update tomorrow, but I can't give out any specific details until I get home on monday.

Can't wait, I played the old one a little but then something happend. I've been looking for a good server for about 4 months, hopefully this will turn out good.

Thanks for the support!

As I said before, there will be a few grinds in this project. The first one that I have in mind is a flamegate to a hell-ish~ place. There will be a faction with the goal to stop the evil inside the flamegate, and you will be rewarded with reputation/tokens when you do their quests. Repeatable quests with a cooldown timer might also be an option. In the end you'll be able to buy items, mounts etc.

Also, you might get tokens for completing the event arenas. I might even add pvp tokens.

Any opinions on these ideas?

Edit: some information about special zones/islands:
Recruit your friends! The server will need players to open new zones.
VOLCANA OPENS: 10 LEVEL 100+ PLAYERS
FORT KNOX OPENS: 15 LEVEL 100+ PLAYERS
FLAMEGATE OPENS: 20 LEVEL 100+ PLAYERS
VOLCANA INSTANCES OPENS: 10 LEVEL 120+ PLAYERS

Last edited:
Seeing with the opening rules, I guess there will be places for those who get to 100+ rather quickly? heh.

Seeing with the opening rules, I guess there will be places for those who get to 100+ rather quickly? heh.

Yes, I might change the player requirements tho. But if there's people playing the server, most of the content will open quickly. That is if the content is ready to be opened, obviously.

Makes sense, should make the map feel less empty, worst case it could backfire though.

So.. When can we expect a test? :3

By the way, for anyone that's going to play it and is interested in the instance system -Poke me, since I'll be trying to get some kind of team together.

Last edited:
Well with the OTservers today, it's not going to be easy to get players. I'm not worried though.

There might be an open alpha this week, just need to get some shit done first. Open beta should be in 1-2 weeks if I put some time into this. There will probably be unfinished areas to explore, but it's just a test right? ;)

Sounds awesome!

As for EXP rate I definatley think you should have stages, and then go down to about 8-6x on level 100ish, ending up at something like 4x at 150

Also wondering if there will be weapons with special effects once more or if you deemed it overpowered? :p

Last edited:
Well I've been thinking about having a rather high rate up to level 100~ish, and slow it down to about 10-15 after that.

If I have the time to fix weapon effects I might add them. Possibly for very-rare boss drops and for a quest chain reward.

Also, I haven't been doing much today and it's hockey time now, so there won't be any updates today (I think...).

As I like your project and I want to do some scripting, I would offer you my support in creating scripts/events/systems when I have time.

The presentation and every single detail on the map is for what? I hardly think anyone takes their time to admire the good looking map or w/e ingame its all about wars etc..

To sum up, gl with this..

The presentation and every single detail on the map is for what? I hardly think anyone takes their time to admire the good looking map or w/e ingame its all about wars etc..

To sum up, gl with this..

It's not just PVP, everything usually just fits so well together on Zapps servers in my experience, questing, leveling, PVP and PvE (Bosses and such!). A good looking map is just a bonus :3

Updating with some Flamegate pictures. :)

flamegate.png

firebornmage.png

This will be a quest place where you have to collect items and kill monsters for rewards.

wow... Looks really awesome! Big fan already cant wait to play it. Will it be hosted soon btw? Looking forward like hell.

Back