• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Changes in revisions.

KaczooH

Co tu wpisac?
Reaction score
Hiho

I'd like to ask developers (but I think that more experienced players can help me too) if is there any chance to look what changes in a very file has been made? For example in revision 553 the items.xml has been fixed/corrected. As we know it contains thousands of items and even more lines.

Some ppl (like me) has edited this file in order to change strenght of weapons, its descriptions, names or so. If there's a new revision which brings us a correction of for example beds (femaleTransform...) what (considering whole file) is very small change (just a few lines in over 10k lines file) is getting hard for me to apply this changes into my server as long as I must find them by myself.

Is there any other way to do it instead of manual looking-through?

Best regards :)

Revision 553 - (view) (download) (as text) (annotate) - [select for diffs]
Modified Wed Jan 16 03:35:15 2008 UTC (31 hours, 38 minutes ago) by lithium_ot
File length: 622967 byte(s)
Diff to previous 539
* Updated items.xml
Click near "Diff to" at the "previous 539", to compare for differents newest and second newest files. Now You may see what has been changed, where to seek and what to copy.

If You want to compare any other file with any other version (eg. older one), click on "[select for diff]" for that that revision.
Then, in every displayed revision on log page, will appear link near "Diff to": "selected XXX" - where XXX is the choosen revision.

Viewvc is very usefull :)

Last edited:
@PL - Sie nie chodzi do szkoly, tylko tibiarzuje?:p

@topic - Ok, thanks :p As I thought there was easier way how to do it :p But I learnt the structure by looking at it all the time though. :p

Thanks guys :)

@PL - Sie ma (yo! lol) problem, to się nie idzie do szkoły. A problem ino ciężki...

@topic - Gotta try the WinMerge ^^ Though, im fine with diffs - maybe except huge files.

@PL - Sie ma (elo! - to juz sie robi nudne xP) farta. Inni mają ferie dopiero za 3 tygodnie :<

@topic - Does that program has some special features? I dont know is it worth downloading :p

Back