• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Programmer Client updater service

Raggaer

Godly Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello.

I am offering my services creating client updaters (with launcher) to your Open Tibia servers. The service consists on me making an updater for whatever you need using a framework I have been working on these days.

The updater uses HTML / CSS and TS (Some variation of JavaScript) for the GUI. I provide a simple GUI made by me. You can however create your custom GUI.

The GUI files (.html, .css) can be embedded inside the application so you dont need to worry about people getting your style or using your updater for their server.

The application is contained inside a single binary file (.exe) so the distribution of the application is very easy. Your players wont need anything extra to run the application.

This is a small GUI I did to show-off

5ff20eb4d2c15cdab16e4916cda846fd.png

The process of the application is quite simple (this can be changed to fit your needs)

• Look for your version.xml file
  • Look for your local version.xml file
  • Compare both files and get missing versions
  • Download missing versions zip files
  • Unzip and truncate
It is recommended to use zip files. Obviously each server owner may have different needs so I can create custom logic you need.

For more information or even technical details send me a PM or post on this thread.

This is a really nice service, also I didn't expect any less from you Raggaer, my lovely pro :)

Its actually a framework. Its closed source but if you want details tell me.
I mean, I'm not saying that's actually bad, but to me it's like that part ("a framework") needs more info, like I don't know... Did you made it from scratch? Is cross-platform? I'm guessing if it has the whole framework in the single file, the patcher (.exe) it will have a considerable file-size.

Also, the patcher injects something in the tibia client? Or players will still be able to launch the client without your patcher?

I mean, I'm not saying that's actually bad, but to me it's like that part ("a framework") needs more info, like I don't know... Did you made it from scratch? Is cross-platform? I'm guessing if it has the whole framework in the single file, the patcher (.exe) it will have a considerable file-size.

Also, the patcher injects something in the tibia client? Or players will still be able to launch the client without your patcher?

This is an introductory post. As I said more information is given when we enter the details of a request.

Its from scratch using my custom bindings to the sciter platform (for the GUI). It is cross-platform however on Windows I apply some hacks to prevent multiple instances (mutexes) the patcher its 8,783 kb but of course, it goes higher if you use a cooler layout then the default one (picture on the first post)

I dont plan to inject something into the client since that will make it non cross-platform. Users can launch the tibia without the patcher if they wish. There are multiple ways to prevent it tho so if the user wants that to be changed I can think of a solution

How much does this cost?

It will depend on how and what you want. The most basic service price (default layout and the default way of getting new versions) is 25 EUR. This includes the option to customize your layout :)

Back