• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Colossus

Evan

A splendid one to behold
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
The biggest, baddest boss monster out there, COLOSSUS!

Yes, it is incomplete. My intention is that when both hands are destroyed, the bottom part of the colossus is wrecked and the head falls down.
Then you would fight the head and it becomes defeated when it dies. All of its moves are random.
There are no extra features, no custom sprites, no CG in this video, all 100% home-made with the stuff TFS comes with.

The thing is, my code for this is SO bad that it has 1165 lines of Lua code!
If I were to continue on this, I'd have to clean the shit out and re-do everything, it would take forever.

So, I have a few questions for you guys, if I were to release this boss, would anyone be interested?
Should I keep going? Or should I just keep this to myself?
Another question, the spells are "animated" using TGYoshi's method, which takes up a huge chunk of the code.
Should I get rid of all that and use plain animation (just a 1-time shot)?

Last edited:
Holy shitnuggets that's amazing. I'd love to see it finished and implemented on a server. Would be awesome to witness!

if I were to release this boss, would anyone be interested?

Me ;) Custom serv ftw.

Should I keep going? Or should I just keep this to myself?

But I'd keep it to myself tbh. That's a pretty unique piece of code. And looks like lots of work. :p

Another question, the spells are "animated" using TGYoshi's method, which takes up a huge chunk of the code.
Should I get rid of all that and use plain animation (just a 1-time shot)?

I like the animations how they are. Personally, I love the idea of bosses/monsters using huge intricate spells.

Red

Oh my god! That looks awesome!

Thanks for the motivation everyone! I will get to work and try to finish it.
I'm hoping to slice the number of lines in half.

on my server i got also a huge boss but its way easier made however your job is wayy better then mine damn if i knew how to script this i would use for it suree

The thing is, my code for this is SO bad that it has 1165 lines of Lua code!
If I were to continue on this, I'd have to clean the shit out and re-do everything, it would take forever.

Keep in mind that having many lines does not mean it's bad. Kinda annoying to change stuff in many cases, but having loops for everything slows it down (a very tiny bit).

:D
Why not merge those lines? Tons of useless line-breaks anyway.

===

Looks very cool and unique I'd say. Would be cool if it did stuff more frequently, tho. Looks a bit static for now.

Keep in mind that having many lines does not mean it's bad. Kinda annoying to change stuff in many cases, but having loops for everything slows it down (a very tiny bit).

:D
Why not merge those lines? Tons of useless line-breaks anyway.

===

Looks very cool and unique I'd say. Would be cool if it did stuff more frequently, tho. Looks a bit static for now.

Yeah, I am using a ton of loops (one for each spell to do its animation), one for each object movement (moving hands), and one main loop for the entire thing.
I also asked if it would be any better to just make the spells a "single shot" animation instead.

Merge those lines? Which ones are you speaking of? Also I just moved all the area tables to another file, which is a small start.

More stuff frequently, as in more moves? I've thought about another move which the colossus makes "statues" rise from the ground and brings them to life (turning it to a monster).

maybe you could make apear that stalacmites or maybe the menhir below the target that the colossus have, as distance atack (?)

More stuff frequently, as in more moves? I've thought about another move which the colossus makes "statues" rise from the ground and brings them to life (turning it to a monster).

Sounds cool. I guess summons would work pretty great here.

I have just completed the head drop-down, still tons of bugs need to be fixed.
I will post the video in a little while.

Back