• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Couldn't load assets

GraveWalker

Reaction score
Hello Otlanders,
Recently I wanted to try out the TFS 1.5 that I've found here, along with OTClient. I've managed to compile and set up everything, but OTClient doesn't let me log in to the server, and it's saying "Couldn't load assets" along with the "file catalog-content.json not found" in the terminal.

Could someone spare me a moment and explain what I have to do to fix the issue, please?

Thank you for your time and support.
Regards
Post automatically merged:

Hello Otlanders,
Recently I wanted to try out the TFS 1.5 that I've found here, along with OTClient. I've managed to compile and set up everything, but OTClient doesn't let me log in to the server, and it's saying "Couldn't load assets" along with the "file catalog-content.json not found" in the terminal.

Could someone spare me a moment and explain what I have to do to fix the issue, please?

Regards

Update...

I have managed to figure it out myself, instead of putting tibia.dat and .spr into the things/version folder in OTClient, just copy and paste the assets from Tibia.

This thread can now be closed, sorry for wasting time.
Kind regards

Last edited:
Hello Otlanders,

Regards
Post automatically merged:

Update...

I have managed to figure it out myself, instead of putting tibia.dat and .spr into the things/version folder in OTClient, just copy and paste the assets from Tibia.

This thread can now be closed, sorry for wasting time.
Kind regards
Good afternoon,

I am running into the same issue you were with a "Couldn't load assets" error message upon attempting to login to my server. I noticed you said at the end you didnt use the method of placing the tibia.dat and .spr files into a specfic folder, but instead pasted "assets from Tibia". What assets are you talking about? Thanks in advance.

---I think I figured this out, however now I am running into an issue where my server olny accepts protocol 1310 and the OTClient apparently does not support 1310.

Last edited:
Good afternoon,

I am running into the same issue you were with a "Couldn't load assets" error message upon attempting to login to my server. I noticed you said at the end you didnt use the method of placing the tibia.dat and .spr files into a specfic folder, but instead pasted "assets from Tibia". What assets are you talking about? Thanks in advance.

---I think I figured this out, however now I am running into an issue where my server olny accepts protocol 1310 and the OTClient apparently does not support 1310.
Hi there!

I understand your frustration with the "Couldn't load assets" error message. For client versions 11 and above, you need to use "assets" instead of ".dat" and ".spr" files. Here's what you should do:
  1. Find the client version you want to work with.
  2. Locate the "assets" from that client.
  3. Put those "assets" in the same directory where you would normally put ".dat" and ".spr" files in the things/ver folder in OTClient.
Note: There might already be an easier way of doing this, possibly by converting the ".dat" and ".spr" to "assets", but I'm unsure about that.

What OTClient are you using? The OTClient released by this kind fellow here apparently supports up to 13.21.

This should resolve the issue. Hope this helps!

Regards,

Hi there!

I understand your frustration with the "Couldn't load assets" error message. For client versions 11 and above, you need to use "assets" instead of ".dat" and ".spr" files. Here's what you should do:
  1. Find the client version you want to work with.
  2. Locate the "assets" from that client.
  3. Put those "assets" in the same directory where you would normally put ".dat" and ".spr" files in the things/ver folder in OTClient.
Note: There might already be an easier way of doing this, possibly by converting the ".dat" and ".spr" to "assets", but I'm unsure about that.

What OTClient are you using? The OTClient released by this kind fellow here apparently supports up to 13.21.

This should resolve the issue. Hope this helps!

Regards,
Thank you for replying! I ended up learning that exact method from someone on the discord. I ended up using the a client someone reccomended from the discord as well.

I do however have a side question about creating new spells and spawning sprites. Would you be able to help me with this?

Thank you for replying! I ended up learning that exact method from someone on the discord. I ended up using the a client someone reccomended from the discord as well.

I do however have a side question about creating new spells and spawning sprites. Would you be able to help me with this?
You're welcome! I'm glad you found the method and a client that works for you.

Regarding your side question about creating new spells and spawning sprites: if you mean adding them as assets for use in the game, I’m not too sure I can help, as I haven't worked with client versions higher than 10.97. The higher versions seemed quite challenging, and I found it difficult to find the necessary tools for them back then.

However, I'm sure there are many resources and knowledgeable people in the community who might be able to help. Perhaps in my free time, I can look more into it and post any findings here. I wish you good luck with your project!

You're welcome! I'm glad you found the method and a client that works for you.

Regarding your side question about creating new spells and spawning sprites: if you mean adding them as assets for use in the game, I’m not too sure I can help, as I haven't worked with client versions higher than 10.97. The higher versions seemed quite challenging, and I found it difficult to find the necessary tools for them back then.

However, I'm sure there are many resources and knowledgeable people in the community who might be able to help. Perhaps in my free time, I can look more into it and post any findings here. I wish you good luck with your project!
Sounds good. Now I am moving onto learning about creating menus. Thank you for your help today.

Back