• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Custom OT's

DestinationSer

@echo off
Solutions
Reaction score
Have you noticed that before like 1 - 3 years ago there were lots of highexp custom ots, now its getting a lower and lower number. As i see it now the real map servers is taking over because people wanna earn money instead of letting theyre players having fun. Cant somebody that actually isnt out after the money create a ot? Its so dam stupid that its all about money when creating a OT. I know most of you are disagreeing to what i say or you think its stupid or smth like that. But what im saying is that people create Rl maps for money, the number of Custom OT's is getting lower and lower. I am not saying it will dissapear cuz i know it wont for some people always make a custom ot.
But dont you agree to what im saying? The fact that Custom OT number is getting lower?

No, I dont agree, if you would play custom this not means all the other plays. In tibia community 10% of 100% like custom ots. Everybody would play custom only then if its really amazing. To create amazing is diffucion. And still theres ain't custom ots becouse peapol don't want to play on it.

^bullshit. There's no custom OTS because people nowadays have no creativity or motivation provided by foresight.

I agree with Erikas to some degree, and I don't agree with Santy at all, you have to take a better look mate ^^

Tibia is progressively losing it's "old kind of players" which are moving on to other games or hobbies. They are replaced with a berserking war-obsessed kind of players who only wanna pk on rl maps particularly. Thus leading to a demand decrease of custom OTs and therfore the supply rate has been decreased to create a balance

That too. But I believe OTS atm are unbalanced. Too many of one kind. If there were more cool ots like in 7.1-7.6 days, there would be more nice players hence more players in RPG unique ots hence making them popular hence attracting more people hence community growth with those characteristics. What I said was not wrong at all, my friend. Foresight is all.

Well maybe custom OTs has not kept up with the standards of the gaming world. Or OTs has become shittier. I can remember a 7.6 server which was possibly the greatest shit I had ever played

I didn't agree with you that people had no creativity and motivation. But you said provided by foresight which was an expression I've never heard xD so I may have misunderstanded you

Well as I said before I'm not sure if tibia is sucking more or if other games have become better. All I know for sure is that it was the ultimate shit back then when I had 10 class mates playing with me

I think in the future there will only be Real-maps people don't care about ot's much anymore because there is not that many good one's around..

ohh yeah... i have seen this thread look's pretty cool will check it out if it ever does come on! :p

i dont like rl maps it just.. the same thing.. duh

custom are pretty good but ppl have often the same custom maps as other servers only edit here here and bah and its kinda boring..

a custom ot to be succesfull has to be very creativity, colaborating with admin presence, with events, raids
i have my own custom ot i made my map for myself "i downloaded some maps here, only hunting zones" its really cool because i do what i want i made my own made quest, spells, PVP and a map that ppl havent seen its really fun to discover, CUSTOM NEEDS PPL TO BE SUCCESFULL, a good wellmade custom, so much fun! :D

rl to boring the same thing lol

I think it comes down to the amount of effort it takes to create a custom OT. My goal is to create an environment that is different from the RL Tibia Maps, but not different to the OT community. I hope my server will draw some of the people who played the games for the same reason I used to play them: Fun, Friendly, Competition, and a feeling of making progress.

That being said, there are costs (and they can be high) to hosting an OT server. So it does not surprise me at all that the shift has gone to a more profitable standpoint from when I first started playing.

To me, people who play OT's know Tibia. If you change up the aspects by re-compiling over and over again then each player has to re-learn a new game practically. This makes it harder of a catch to people new to OT's and they are less likely to join an OT that is so different from what they are used to playing. Hence all the Mimic Servers.

Back