• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Custom] - Sanctuary Online

jaicob

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello fellow OT-Landers!

I want to discuss my current project for a custom server with custom sprites and items.
Since i work a full time job etc. it's merly for fun and i find that create is way more fun than to play so i rather spend my time on such things.

I'm currently working on my project to make a fully customized server with sprites and items completely from the scratch where I'm trying to undefine myself from Tibia as much as possible without losing the core concept of oldschool tibia which i loved.

I never had as much fun as i played Tibia in my younger days and this project is mainly for myself trying to grasp on the ideas of retro hardcore games, i want alot of mystery and unpredicted adventure.

When i first started my project i actually wanted to go totally roguelike since I've never found myself to be much in need of "good" graphics, i want it to be appealing and not hideous.
latest
latest

My best example is those bugs, if i had to chose which piece of graphic i'd had to chose, I'd would go with the old bug everyday of the month even though it lacks more detail and animation.

To get a concept over somehow how i want the graphics to look like.

"Rook as of now"
HVsgN5G.jpg

QXdtAIE.jpg

I want to give a shoutout to pixelrealm which provided me with some starting sprites to start with!
http://shivashadowsong.wix.com/pixelrealm

As i former stated i unfortunately find most of the games i play nowdays to easy and to boring for my taste.
Everything is about gaining experience as easy as possible and have everything handed out to you so you should have to do as little work as possible.

The main things i find utterly wrong
Auction House

Nothing has killed the market as much as an auction house, you kill everything from boat-traps to social intrecations where you can pay to much / find a good price instead of just putting it up on the market for 1 gold coin less than the last bidder.
It also kills alot of NPC shops where you can just buy everything off the market because you are to lazy to go to edron and buy for and example brown mushrooms.

Offline Training
One of the worst implement ever... almost worse than the auction house.
There was something legendary with having good skills which brought even more
Nothing is fun if you don't fight for it especially these kind of things.

Double Experience
Well i just never liked it, whats the fucking point really.

Pay to win
Almost every modern day mobile game, just makes me sick...
Tibia's premium early day was competely fine, but when they started selling potions etc, and outfits is where they got it wrong.
An outfit should be hard work not paid by real cash or it loses it's value.

Those sucject's I've found makes the game really uninteresting and nothing is worth anything.
You login on go powerlevel put things on market go to offline-traning etc, skipping all the "boring parts" of the game.

I write in this section to find intresting things I've forgotten or have yet to learn.
In my life i found no better thing to improve things than to discuss them, even if you don't always competely agree you can always find somethings that can be improved.

So i basically want's to know about your opinions in this matter, do you like the easy way of gaming or do you want an challenge, what makes a challenge and what would you enjoy in a server

Last edited:
Back