• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Daeron's gallery

Daeron

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to spriting but I hope I will improve more, and become better. And of course I want some feedback too! Also be constructive at comment, I'll start with few sprites...

Grass
GZjg1Sl.png

Mushroom
uw0WnGd.png
1nBK6Zo.png

UbQNCv4.png
OF8OH1E.png

QFpIQZN.png
fTx3SkF.png
s4Xn6Rv.png

Sincerely,
Daeron

Last edited:
In the Wall: my suggest is "don't put lines in the corners", if you shade the side that would be more realistic, you can see the sides by the contrast.
lnIo6PR.png

In the sword, i suggest you study Anti-aliasing to apply in the blade.
The ornaments must be thin, but sufficient sized to AA the surface.

About the armor, do it more big, near 32x32 or in this size.

"Comment! Give me some nice advice!"

As he said this, I think he wants to improve his skills, and that's great, If all artists get his mentality, everyone would have a huge technical level.. When he realizes different ways to accomplish the sprite and improve it, he will surpass himself and get better.

"Comment! Give me some nice advice!"

As he said this, I think he wants to improve his skills, and that's great, If all artists get his mentality, everyone would have a huge technical level.. When he realizes different ways to accomplish the sprite and improve it, he will surpass himself and get better.

ofc he will be great soon but we should Encourage him so he can learn if we like that :)

I can tell thousands of beautiful things like "ohh, amazing", "awesome ohh" "ohh I love birds." I would be more one number, post, or whatever.
I wouldn't be significant in his development.

After a while, people with that "good" feedback get used to it and other comment would be "rude" or not good accepted.

He is a mature enough person about to realize that criticism/suggest aren't stones thrown against you. Are stones that show you the way/one of the ways!
He asked that!!

More Then More he Gona Learn Omg im lazy to answer those posts :D
i gona sleep then bye.

Keep Work and u'll be much good :)
Thank you ! I'll will practice everyday :)

In the Wall: my suggest is "don't put lines in the corners", if you shade the side that would be more realistic, you can see the sides by the contrast.
lnIo6PR.png

In the sword, i suggest you study Anti-aliasing to apply in the blade.
The ornaments must be thin, but sufficient sized to AA the surface.

About the armor, do it more big, near 32x32 or in this size.

The wall part, I didn't understand it quite well, what do you mean with "don't put lines in the corners"? I'd like to know :D
And one more thing...what is AA? I am sorry if I am being newbie right now, but I wanna learn! :)
Thank you for your advice !

Edit/Update
uvq0ja0.png

Hi, I was inactive a little while but I am back active to sprite for sure. I am still trying to train on shading/colors the color part is very hard for me with different colors.
Back again with a sword, I don't think it looks good but yeah...
nb1cUk7.png

And aswell comment and give me some nice advice I need to know!
Thanks!

Contrast is very important in sword sprites, fix it.
You should also work with lineart, handle is too thin and edge is just simple as fuck.

Contrast is very important in sword sprites, fix it.
You should also work with lineart, handle is too thin and edge is just simple as fuck.

Can you explain what you mean with contrast and line art? Contrast is the shading part right? And I know the handle is thin, I maybe try to edit it later, and the edge is simple because it's easier and I want to learn easily, maybe I will try a different weapon.

Contrast is the difference in color and light between parts of an image.
Some colors aren't contrasting well, look:
YUfJj3z.png

Your sword need high contrast.

Back