• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Daeron's gallery

VkEt04a.png

I did a edit for you. I put some contrast and made the blade more sharp. Try it on next sword :)

I forgot to post my sword, this is my third edit of this sword still not happy about the sword but I am improving right?
iXeGGVc.png

I think I made my edge too big :/ what do you think?

I'll post some more works later ;)
-------------------------------------------------------

I was editing it and...
61CeFj3.png

Really nice edits! @dami1310 @Nu77

Your edge isn't too big, but too short :p
Okay man, you have eyes so you see what you're doing...
Keep editing this sword and stop when u'll be happy about results and then post it here :)
Tips:
-Make the edge longer.
-Add other color on the handle.
-You have 32x32px size, do not waste it.

So here is my final four edits, I can see I have learned and improved very much :D thank you guys!
nb1cUk7.png
->
571y287.png
->
0dNW1bc.png
->
UV0CYup.png

I don't know what color I am gonna add on the handle but I'll leave it as it is now and I'll create new work.
What do you think of my sword now?

8PrWWPk.png
You're definitely improving. Mainly because you're analyzing the edits and noting new behaviors to the light.

I think you noticed that the pixels are not placed randomly but planned, somehow there is a LOGIC to do everything!

Hello, this time I made a shield and a sword. The shield looks ugly and need improvements, also details or what do you think? And the sword I think I shade it wrong...but yeah advice is appreciated.
Shield
P8kQyyO.png

Sword
SNDoSeN.png

Comment and advice as always :)

@Leshrot Damn you're good spriter, I always love your feedback!

ac_viking_sword_5_lobe_2.jpg

Can you see this? Yeah, i'll not ask for you do it. We just need a sword in a black background.

Why black background?
Because we do sprites with black outline, basically, most of them, the why i can explain you later.

But... Can you zoom it in the blade... Anywhere?
Yeah, we can!
MPSKDRs.png

OEQhVL6.png

See how the pixels work there, especially near the red lines...
There is thousand of pixel colors, but, we can notice they're working the same way.

Between the white and the black we have alot of shades of gray reducing the contrast, doing what we call as Anti-Aliasing (It's simple, but don't be pressed to learn this quickly, near 40% of the spriters i know apply it correctly in all their sprites)

SAY3gZ8.png

The sword without AA in the borders..
It seems serrated, not like a sharp blade ;)

In the Photos you can see more than 10 pixels doing anti-aliasing, but in sprites that may be weird, because u'll get blurr or pillow shading.
A maximum of 1~3 AA is enough in lower size images.

AbrEmvC.png

Near the green lines we got internal gray lines in the blades, they're anti-aliased with the white by other light-gray colors.

Being more objective, AA is used to reduce the Contrast and Aliasing.

And all this explain is because that I noticed you shadowed the ornaments in gold on shield, but had no room for it.
The ornaments must usually have 2/3 pixels thick to apply a 1 pixel AA, that's enough for them.

EDIT:
leCDovk.png

Last edited:
Shield update
So I only edited my shield because I wanted to focus on one thing, and I got homework so I'll post my edit of my sword tomorrow maybe.

hPpFZc3.png
KFFGpw5.png

QZRrOFl.png
A59VncJ.png

So what you think?

And all this explain is because that I noticed you shadowed the ornaments in gold on shield, but had no room for it.
The ornaments must usually have 2/3 pixels thick to apply a 1 pixel AA, that's enough for them.
@Leshrot Thank you for your useful tips and tricks it helps alot to me improving. So basically you mean edits like to my shield? Or did you mean anything else? I'd like to know then.
As always comments, advice and feedback !

Last edited:
Hello, I am back I will try to be active more to spriting. I did a hammer weapon, which doesn't look perfect but advice would be nice. I really don't know how to shade it good top of the hammer if you could edit and explain that would be awesome!

Golden Hammer
5ZFA2eb.png

Back to spriting!

KmlPF5r.png

maybe it helps u :D
it could be better but there's a lot of time that i don't sprite. Just a little help anyway

Some recent small works
Just a simple wooden bow, need more training on bows
91LhTa5.png

Pickaxe, is the shading good here?
WO75FRy.png

More works soon

@Wingardium Thanks I will check your shading

Improved old armor
ZmFoO3w.png
->
gGDag1h.png

I don't know it feels much bright, what do you think?

How to make it shiny? :)
you can use white, also try to use a grey going to blue color, that makes good steel. :p

check this, didn't want to edit too much, just to show you how great is white in steel armors when you want to make them shiny :p
26202n6.png

Last edited:
@Daeron You are getting better and I think you know that. If I were you I would keep practicing ofc. And a little help. Check you outline work on that last sword it almost seem like you have a little nipple on the top and makes kind of a round shape. Try to figure out how to make that pointy.

Back