• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DeathZot ( The Restoration Project)

Alright so the beta will be down for roughly 5-6 more hours, it will be on once I get back from classes. Last night the weapon overhaul was finally done and now I'm going to be able to balance weapons a lot more properly (thanks to xagul!). So there will be no more cases of extreme random hits and now weapons ill deal damage using a proper formula of magic damage, skills, level, and magic level rather then before which they were just skills. The damage now, instead of being 1-100% of your max damage, will deal 50-100% so there will be a more consist flow of damage. Rangers now start with Bows + Arrows, and Ninjas start with throwing stone and I've changed the Tower of Doom(formerly tower of terror) to have the new correct rewards based on the new weapons.

A new class is currently being developed; Bard (support caster that uses instruments as weapons, their primary attack is the ability to use your instrument [right click] and preform a power cord which deals damage equal to about 1.25x sudden death damage, and it costs 30 soul)

200 Max soul has been been reverted to 100, however you will still get increased soul regen

Healing Formulas will be adjusted today to scale on level + ml + equipment + % of max health

Knights can now use Exura Gran

Promotion NPC; Lord Kavalor can now promote you for 5 mil, he is located in Edrona

Barbarians will be gaining two spells, one being a charge spell that increase speed for a short amount of time (10 soul)
the second spell is Rage that increases damage for a short amount of time (50 soul)

Immortal vocation has been removed, a rework will happen sometime in the future and this vocation will be added again

Clicking ruinic equipment & password doors will be worked on today and hopefully get completed

Last edited:
Nice job, as always. Particularly think the consistent weapon damage is a brilliant idea, was weird before to sometimes do 5x more damage.

Alright so the beta will be down for roughly 5-6 more hours, it will be on once I get back from classes. Last night the weapon overhaul was finally done and now I'm going to be able to balance weapons a lot more properly (thanks to xagul!). So there will be no more cases of extreme random hits and now weapons ill deal damage using a proper formula of magic damage, skills, level, and magic level rather then before which they were just skills. The damage now, instead of being 1-100% of your max damage, will deal 50-100% so there will be a more consist flow of damage. Rangers now start with Bows + Arrows, and Ninjas start with throwing stone and I've changed the Tower of Doom(formerly tower of terror) to have the new correct rewards based on the new weapons.

A new class is currently being developed; Bard (support caster that uses instruments as weapons, their primary attack is the ability to use your instrument [right click] and preform a power cord which deals damage equal to about 1.25x sudden death damage, and it costs 30 soul)

200 Max soul has been been reverted to 100, however you will still get increased soul regen

Healing Formulas will be adjusted today to scale on level + ml + equipment + % of max health

Knights can now use Exura Gran

Promotion NPC; Lord Kavalor can now promote you for 5 mil, he is located in Edrona

Barbarians will be gaining two spells, one being a charge spell that increase speed for a short amount of time (10 soul)
the second spell is Rage that increases damage for a short amount of time (50 soul)

Immortal vocation has been removed, a rework will happen sometime in the future and this vocation will be added again

Clicking ruinic equipment & password doors will be worked on today and hopefully get completed

Thank you for making those barb spells!

Jup I like the consistent damage myself aswell, dmg lays between 3-4k differnece depending on total dmg ;P

though honestly, I personally think having Rage on 50 soul, will be too low since 10 soul/sec, they'll pretty much be spamming rage every 2-3 sec depending on the duration of Rage

Pro heal/dmg script though ^^

Jup I like the consistent damage myself aswell, dmg lays between 3-4k differnece depending on total dmg ;P

though honestly, I personally think having Rage on 50 soul, will be too low since 10 soul/sec, they'll pretty much be spamming rage every 2-3 sec depending on the duration of Rage

Pro heal/dmg script though ^^

Every class gains soul at a different rate, for example Druid/Sorc/Knight is actually 3 seconds, Bards are 1 secod, barbarians are 5 seconds per 10.

- - - Updated - - -

How will u make ninjas? Like b4? Glass canon?

they've been changed a bit, not glass cannon but they can still do a lot of dps and attack fast

Damnit why am I so fucking unlucky everytime i wake up and check if the server is online, it aint.. and by the end of my day it'll be online.. like yesterday :<

Btw reign, what has been done yesterdya regarding updates or changes or w/e? Havent been online other then to talk to u for a few secs ;o

Btw reign, what has been done yesterdya regarding updates or changes or w/e? Havent been online other then to talk to u for a few secs ;o

Syn is adding an area for players level 1k
Bards new spells are sweet
Clicking items works properly now
All monsters in the 500 area are fixed (orc rider did nearly 20k dmg)
Weapons redone

Just wondering if i could get a beta account? i played DeathzOT as Thanatos

Forgot how much I haven't been updating this thread since I've put the beta up, so here's a small list of changes that have happened recently.

• Weapons have been completely revamped, and they now scale from T1->T6 and require the gem of that weapon type to upgrade, they start off at 1, and multiply by 3 ending at around 280 gems to make a T6 Weapons
  • New vocation called Bard; Bards are a offensive support class that can heal & buff allies while also dealing a lot of AoE Damage
  • Immortal vocation removed, it has become a future project and one day they will return to deathzot along with a complete redesign
  • Ruinic Starstones item id has changed and is now stackable
  • A new boss has replaced Death and spawns every 24 hours
  • 500 area is getting a new spawn that will have Dwarf Guardians
  • Night Terror added (drops Edron & Ancitera keys)
  • Weapon Formula has been balanced & now scales on skills, level, magic level and magic damage from equipment
  • All runes now have a 1.7 second exhaust, from 2.0
  • PvP Damage formula has been adjusted and PvP damage will be a lot better now
  • Promotion NPC; Lord Kavalor has been added to Edron and will sell you promotion for 5mil, and it requires level 300. Promotion benefits are increased attack, soul, health and mana regeneration
  • Guides in Enigma & Edron which will show you where the spawns are at

I'm also currently working on
  • Secret Passage places which require a hidden phrase to open
  • Addon NPC's

Not to mention that every vocation has been thoroughly tested regarding spell & melee damage ^^

Synth leave the server online for one night >;-[ Everyday when I wake up, the server is offline n gets online during late evening times ;> which is already quite a bit late

Every account made for 5 specific beta tester included me, are able to have multiple logged in chars... So, if you know anyone that has the beta test and/or ask them nicely, you might be able to make a char on their account & play

I doubt ya'll get an beta account, but ya can try ;P

Server is making progress though for the ppl that dont know

Back