• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DeathZot ( The Restoration Project)

Btw... You've been saying that you'll release Deathzot soon. But whats the deal regarding advertisement? Server will suck if it lacks players such as many other custom ot's nowadays.. I'd rather wait a week or 2 for you to advertise properly.. (Advertisement Thread <> Countdown @ Site <> Countdown @ Otslist? <> Thru other OT's?) And whatever else that could be done to properly advertise :>

Just saying this cuz I wish this ot the best aswell as any other player that'll enjoy the server even more with a nice steady community

If you haven't noticed, this thread alone has over 1700 views.. that's a lot of views for a thread just in discussion. There's already a lot of people who know about this project, and I'm sure there won't be a problem getting people online. Besdies, DeathZot wasn't the best server to deal with a flood of new people all at once because the beginning part of the game (prior to Edron) is really limited so I don't think there's any reason to push for a mass launch.

Is the release date still going to be on the 20th?

The release date, unfortunately is always subject to change. It's hard trying to convert a server from 8.0 -> 8.6 when you have to keep in mind that an entire servers item.xml, monster, spells, scripts, NPCs have to be re-done. Not to mention that I'm working on this by myself, you can really only do so much a day. However I'm trying really hard to get atleast at the minimum a beta up so you guys can login and see whats going on. When I first decided to restore this project I never realized how much harder it was going to be to re-balance over 100 spell/weapon formulas.

I dont think a beta is a good idea. maybe closed beta with a few friends. everyone who wants to play joins on the beta and they then leave when there is a reset/possible rate decrease for the real server. Im concerned about the T1 reductions but the argument dos make it seem appropriate. Im looking forward to the old spell formulas I think they are much better then the new entirely ml based ones.

I dont think a beta is a good idea. maybe closed beta with a few friends. everyone who wants to play joins on the beta and they then leave when there is a reset/possible rate decrease for the real server. Im concerned about the T1 reductions but the argument dos make it seem appropriate. Im looking forward to the old spell formulas I think they are much better then the new entirely ml based ones.

Well on the old DeathZot (before Tier 5 was 100$) it was a really balanced server.. but I think Tier 5 always seemed so good because everyone had it, so it made it seem like if you didn't.. you couldn't do well. So I've thought about it and actually decided to go back to the EXACT equipment system as the old DeathZot had. With the reasoning that Tier 5 should be good, it's something very hard to obtain.. and especially because you can't donate for it now I think it will have a better balance.

Just get your ugly ass and start work then if u gonna cry
Are you actually retarded or are you just pretending?

So I've thought about it and actually decided to go back to the EXACT equipment system as the old DeathZot.
Please elaborate on this further. Are you going to implement what you said on post #41 (about runic sword/upgrade stones) or are you going to leave it the way it was on the original deathzot?

Last edited:
I have an idea too, Make the "Hardcore" vocation again. It has all the possible spells, mana from an elementalist, hp from a barb. But make it like always lose all lvls, but the eq always stays. I dont know if this was brought up in the meanwhile i didnt get to read all the comments. And btw, i cant WAIT for the ot to start.

(A little advice which everyone would like, add every beginner 100 lvls, not just 10, its the best and easiest way to start..

I have an idea too, Make the "Hardcore" vocation again. It has all the possible spells, mana from an elementalist, hp from a barb. But make it like always lose all lvls, but the eq always stays. I dont know if this was brought up in the meanwhile i didnt get to read all the comments. And btw, i cant WAIT for the ot to start.

(A little advice which everyone would like, add every beginner 100 lvls, not just 10, its the best and easiest way to start..

I haven't decided what I wanted to do with the hardcore class yet, but I don't plan on having it on the server release.. it might be something I release later on

The release date, unfortunately is always subject to change. It's hard trying to convert a server from 8.0 -> 8.6 when you have to keep in mind that an entire servers item.xml, monster, spells, scripts, NPCs have to be re-done. Not to mention that I'm working on this by myself, you can really only do so much a day. However I'm trying really hard to get atleast at the minimum a beta up so you guys can login and see whats going on. When I first decided to restore this project I never realized how much harder it was going to be to re-balance over 100 spell/weapon formulas.

Did the release date change or are you still planning on releasing it today?
Love what you are doing. DeathzOt was the best OT server ever created.

Did the release date change or are you still planning on releasing it today?
Love what you are doing. DeathzOt was the best OT server ever created.

I don't think it will be released today, I have a lot done but I'm trying to figure out how I want to host the server so I'll need a couple of more days to make sure that what I'm hosting on is the best option for the server

Any heads up? =P

Still trying to figure out how I want to be host this, because if I start hosting it on my computer and it becomes a problem I won't be able to transfer the database. I'll have everything figured out by the end of the week hopefully.

Back