• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DeathZot ( The Restoration Project)

Well if you read the entire server advertisement, you wont be able to actually even get the best equipment by donating because of how much it would cost. The most I'd ever think someone would donate for is a Tier 4 set which is 125$ for the entire set, or you can obtain is in game by building towards it. Also, the power to donate ratio isn't very high because you can spend 125$ on a Tier 4 set, or someone can work towards a Tier 3 set which would probably take a week to get, and it wouldn't be that much weaker than a Tier 4.
All you're saying is "well but I'll just make it expensive so people don't buy it!". But they can still buy it. It doesn't matter if it's $10 or $1000, a rich kid can still get the best equipment and be better than everyone else just because he has money. That doesn't really seem fair at all, even for an open tibia server. You say that you think "donations destroyed open tibia" then you go ahead and do the same thing? Pretty hypocritical, isn't it?

Also, there is a lot of systems I have in store for dealing with people who play the game fairly, such as; Experience creature raids, events, NPC killing quests etc.. I also have an advanced system that won't allow botters to loot unique drops from killing monsters. My goal is to make sure everyone is happy on the server regardless of how they play it. You'll have to wait and see.
That's cool and all but how does that have anything to do with what I said? People will play when they're using the computer and just leave the bot on every time they're away or AFK since there's no punishment for botting. There's literally no benefit to not leaving the bot on while sleeping, for example. Meanwhile legit players will have to play much more than botters to catch up. You're just encouraging botting by not punishing them at all.
Therefore, if you're set on the "no punishing botters" rule, what I propose is: if players are gonna bot while they're away, why not just make it simple and introduce something like trainers that give EXP instead of weapon skills? That way at least every player will have the same opportunities and the spawns won't get flooded with botters.

All you're saying is "well but I'll just make it expensive so people don't buy it!". But they can still buy it. It doesn't matter if it's $10 or $1000, a rich kid can still get the best equipment and be better than everyone else just because he has money. That doesn't really seem fair at all, even for an open tibia server. You say that you think "donations destroyed open tibia" then you go ahead and do the same thing? Pretty hypocritical, isn't it?

That's cool and all but how does that have anything to do with what I said? People will play when they're using the computer and just leave the bot on every time they're away or AFK since there's no punishment for botting. There's literally no benefit to not leaving the bot on while sleeping, for example. Meanwhile legit players will have to play much more than botters to catch up. You're just encouraging botting by not punishing them at all.
Therefore, if you're set on the "no punishing botters" rule, what I propose is: if players are gonna bot while they're away, why not just make it simple and introduce something like trainers that give EXP instead of weapon skills? That way at least every player will have the same opportunities and the spawns won't get flooded with botters.

No one is going to donate a thousand dollars, lets be honest here. Also, I'm assuming you've never even played DeathZot because of how ignorant you are to most systems, infact let me give you an idea of how much it would cost to buy the best set. There is a total of 9 Tiers of equipment. In order to make the next Tier you must use 7 of the previous Tier and merge it. So lets start off saying people donate for Tier 4 since that is the last set you can donate for, 7x Tier 4 = T5 (875$). Thats one Tier 5 set. Now you need 7 of them. So 7x Tier 5 = (6125$). Thats a full Tier 6 set. Now you need 7 sets to upgrade to Tier 7, so thats 7x Tier 6 = (42875) for a Tier 7 set.. you get the point. Donation's cannot run this server just because at some point players actually gain equipment faster then people could donate for. If you can't understand how this system works then maybe DeathZot isn't for you. Also about the topic on botters, levels don't mean much in DeathZot. Equipment does, and you can't get equipment by botting, you get it by timing bosses, doing events & raids (3 things botters cant do). Botting may get you levels, but you can't get equipment when you bot (which is the goal of this server). If you've never played DeathZot before then thats why your thought process is very ignorant towards these systems. I know what I'm doing.

You better know what youre doing! xD Definetly in for this project, you'll try to release it at the 20th or will it be test/beta?

You better know what youre doing! xD Definetly in for this project, you'll try to release it at the 20th or will it be test/beta?

I think I'll just release the server and do daily backups, because the worse that would probably happen on release is some spells are too weak, or some monsters need adjustment. I don't see how there would be any game breaking bugs because I've tested every script and made sure there isn't any loopholes with them. Almost all spells, equipment, weapons are done. I still need to add monsters and finish the fishing & mining system. I'll make sure to keep everyone updated though

I think I'll just release the server and do daily backups, because the worse that would probably happen on release is some spells are too weak, or some monsters need adjustment. I don't see how there would be any game breaking bugs because I've tested every script and made sure there isn't any loopholes with them. Almost all spells, equipment, weapons are done. I still need to add monsters and finish the fishing & mining system. I'll make sure to keep everyone updated though

I'm not sure if I can wait another seven days. The anticipation is driving me crazy.

Edit: Don't worry about donations. The people that donate a lot usually end up giving a lot back to the community.

Last edited:
You realize you're just repeating the same things? "well but I think noone is gonna buy it since it's expensive!". But they still can. That's the point. And just because equipment matters more than level doesn't mean level is worthless. People are gonna bot as much as they can if you allow it and encourage it. Why not simplify it and make it fair for everyone?

jpghard, it seems like you still need to check your brain. If experince dont make any diffrence etc POWER HP etc, Then its totally useless to bot. But sure jpg i can send u some bots so u can bot and we will see how good u will be

You realize you're just repeating the same things? "well but I think noone is gonna buy it since it's expensive!". But they still can. That's the point. And just because equipment matters more than level doesn't mean level is worthless. People are gonna bot as much as they can if you allow it and encourage it. Why not simplify it and make it fair for everyone?

The difference is that I've played this server, and from what I've read I don't think you're comprehending anything about how this server works. So I'll excuse your ignorance, and just hope that if you decide to play you'll see what I was talking about. And you know what? Lets say hypothetically someone donates for the 8th best set (6200$~) 10% of that (620$) is given back to the community as donations, that means if 50 people are online, 50 of them will get like 15$ in donation points, so who would be mad if someone donates that much?

Honestly, I wouldnt mind waitin another few extra days for you to make a great release, dont let impatient people/players rush your server's release, cuz thats when things go wrong ^^

The difference is that I've played this server, and from what I've read I don't think you're comprehending anything about how this server works. So I'll excuse your ignorance, and just hope that if you decide to play you'll see what I was talking about. And you know what? Lets say hypothetically someone donates for the 8th best set (6200$~) 10% of that (620$) is given back to the community as donations, that means if 50 people are online, 50 of them will get like 15$ in donation points, so who would be mad if someone donates that much?
I just want to make sure, you ARE aware of the fact that you aren't responding to any of my points and just saying "uhh but you haven't played lol so your ignorant", right? Because both my points still stand. If that guy donates $6200 and is the best player in the whole server by far, how will $15 in donation points help when there is a guy that rules the server just because he has money? That's incredibly unfair for everyone else, and we all know it. You say you want to "make everyone happy" but the only people that end up being happy is you, because you get a lot of money, and the guy who donated it. If you truly think donations destroyed open tibia why would you allow such a thing?

And there's still the botters issue. If there's no punishment for botting the server will simply be filled with botters to the brim. Even if botting provides a minimal advantage, it's still an unfair advantage over legit players.

I don't want to be harsh or judgmental here but it seems that you care much more about profit than the actual game and its players.

I just want to make sure, you ARE aware of the fact that you aren't responding to any of my points and just saying "uhh but you haven't played lol so your ignorant", right? Because both my points still stand. If that guy donates $6200 and is the best player in the whole server by far, how will $15 in donation points help when there is a guy that rules the server just because he has money? That's incredibly unfair for everyone else, and we all know it. You say you want to "make everyone happy" but the only people that end up being happy is you, because you get a lot of money, and the guy who donated it. If you truly think donations destroyed open tibia why would you allow such a thing?

And there's still the botters issue. If there's no punishment for botting the server will simply be filled with botters to the brim. Even if botting provides a minimal advantage, it's still an unfair advantage over legit players.

I don't want to be harsh or judgmental here but it seems that you care much more about profit than the actual game and its players.

Thats because the best set in the game cost like a million dollars hypothetically. And I'm done responding to you, if you don't like it then don't play :D

I'm glad to see Synthetic going back and fixing the mistakes I originally made. No server is perfect and no one viewpoint will reach the best conclusions. The revision of this server is sure to dwarf the original, the development of an OT fizzles when the developer runs out of ambition and ideas, therein causing the server to slowly die. With a new developer at the head, full of vigor, with a rough but catchy fun server to revision, I am sure the finished product will be exciting. Good luck Synthetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Just going to say one word to you, since you have not played yet you wish to argue. (Apoc'd) :0 May the fastest win :) No one shall be unstoppable.

Thats because the best set in the game cost like a million dollars hypothetically. And I'm done responding to you, if you don't like it then don't play

Once again, you can't answer and instead decide to respond like a child. Pathetic. Are you really that uncomfortable with someone proving that there's something wrong with your server? Is having a reasonable discussion too much for you too handle?

May the fastest win :)
You mean the person with the most real money.

Im on the fence about these changes. Some are good while others dont feel right. Although money was super easy to obtain it did have a use in the original server 40mil = 1 T1 item. The main currency was the actually equipment which was fine. Its one of the few OTs I played that had any sort of economy. The biggest problem I have is the server being stuck on 8.6 The server should always strive to be run on the most recent tibia client or at least the most recent stable client.

I wont be playing but hope it succeeds, I made a spin off of this server and had a fair amount of success. BTW the donation system is fine and should be exactly the way it was on the original Dzot.

Once again, you can't answer and instead decide to respond like a child. Pathetic. Are you really that uncomfortable with someone proving that there's something wrong with your server? Is having a reasonable discussion too much for you too handle?

You mean the person with the most real money.

You seem to think that people who donate cannot be surpassed for some reason, that's fucking stupid. As Synthetic said earlier, the highest tier someone can donate for it t4, which, is not that hard to make. If you want to do well on this server, find the boss spawns, calculate their respawn times, and collect tier items. And if donations really piss you off that much you could also go walk some ones dog or mow a few lawns and donate your self.

1. Would be better to have a BETA stage first in order to prevent massive bugs or some other bug that could be a huge advantage by bug abusing ect... Always good to test it to avoid unnecessary resets.

2. Would be good to have a client higher than 8.70, like 8.70-9.60~, Mounts and less botting is the reason i want this.

Thanks. :)

Alright, there is a lot of people talking about the client and why I've decided to go 8.60 so I'll just explain why I won't be going to higher clients. First off, I don't even know the stability of higher clients, because TFS is still in development for the higher client versions. There is also a lot of useless mechanics in higher versions that I would never use, also 8.60 is the most popular client on OTServlist. I also don't plan to EVER update the version past 8.60 just because of the amount of source edits I have to make on this server, and it wouldn't be easy to keep finding where to edit what in the newer versions of TFS. If the client being 8.60 is stopping you from playing, then so be it.. however if you really loved this server you would play it regardless of the client.

Shouldnt allow anti push scripts n all that shit though ^^ jail if found lawl cuz those things just fuck up 8.6.

Yet thats just my opinion! Just do whateva da fuq you wanna dooo -TMW :ninja:

Shouldnt allow anti push scripts n all that shit though ^^ jail if found lawl cuz those things just fuck up 8.6.

Yet thats just my opinion! Just do whateva da fuq you wanna dooo -TMW :ninja:

I'm just going to add an exhaust to dropping items on the ground, so it shouldn't be a problem!

Back