• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Discussion: Marketplace

Should the Maketplace be removed?

• YES!

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • NO!

Votes: 23 56.1%

• Total voters
I have already suggested a new system for the Marketplace in the Staff Board, already got inputs from another mod, but we're still discussing the idea

@Amoaz
If we do that then we'll have people complaining that OTLand gains money from selling stuff, and as Tala has said before, he doesn't like the idea of a marketplace, so I really really​ doubt he'll do something like that

As much as I'm against selling/buying in Otland, this one is a good idea, though this part "If the trade is about an account or gold or such, an admin/mod should always be available as middleman.", it should only be related to Ot stuff, not Tibia, plus holding a mod/admin as a middle man is a huge responsibility and I can honestly see a frame job on any target mod. other than that, it's good, specially charging a service fee. That'll wee out any scammers. Though if such system is created, it should be Fully logged, since there can be idiots attempting to make fraudulent claims about the system. So it is fully logged, we can check if the user is a fraud or legit.

I don't fully endorse it, but a good idea...it's more of a medial solution. Though I doubt the higher ups might want to go into the challenge of developing such system, since we have bad ill towards the Marketplace.

There should be a restriction, such as, only members with 300+ posts and a rep bar level 2 should be allowed to use the system.

Rep bar on this forum is a joke. People crying out for rep++ and really doing whatever to get one. Rep should be a trustfactor, but its not. (Atleast not in most cases.) Atleast for me the rep bar on this forum shows that a certain person contributed alot, helped alot and released alot. Has nothing to do with trust. People without rep can be more trustful then people with it.
And Ive havnt had a single rep for my pentesting service wich was actually legit and they got exactly what they paid for. Perhaps because im not writing REP++ ME everywhere? Idk.

Rep bar on this forum is a joke. People crying out for rep++ and really doing whatever to get one. Rep should be a trustfactor, but its not. (Atleast not in most cases.) Atleast for me the rep bar on this forum shows that a certain person contributed alot, helped alot and released alot. Has nothing to do with trust. People without rep can be more trustful then people with it.
And Ive havnt had a single rep for my pentesting service wich was actually legit and they got exactly what they paid for. Perhaps because im not writing REP++ ME everywhere? Idk.

true, but rep only counts from user that have some kind of active history, for example, I have gotten rep from users that only have about less than 200 post and they do not add up to my rep points, in other words it does not count, I would like to hear from Talaturen what criteria one needs to meet in order to raise the rep points of another user upon giving rep.

I don't fully endorse it, but a good idea...it's more of a medial solution. Though I doubt the higher ups might want to go into the challenge of developing such system, since we have bad ill towards the Marketplace.
Pfft, give me the specs and I'll do it in a day

@Scarlet
Personally I actually think Amoaz' idea is genius, and I'd be willing to even help designing/programming it out. Scripts with prices and a fee for OTLand is not only profitable for you guys, but would also help in popularizing the forum. How would this be different? Categorize it differently. In order of most popular scripts, newly added scripts, and, I don't know, price of script?... This is a very good way for people to get known and commerce their scripts. You could even limit the audience of said scripts for those who wishn't to inadvertedly share their scripts. How would this system work? Easy. Upload the .lua to the site or even several .lua's, hell, even let us make a tutorial with references to said scripts for teaching the site's visitors for a cost. I understand how this could turn this forum into a merchandising one but imho the risks are worth to take. And honestly, is there much to lose?

Judging by the types of people that play Tibia (mostly scammers, power abusers, etc), I don't think a marketplace is a good thing. You have to question the integrity of the people using it to post offers.

I noticed there is a rule stating that no copyrighted material is to be sold in the Marketplace (like RL Maps etc).

Well, I hate to be the one to do this, but selling an account is then illegal (as CiP own your account and have copyrighted the characters and items). Selling an OT Distro is illegal as it contains items.xml (which has all of CiPs copyrighted item names), monsters.xml (again, contains all of CiPs copyrighted monster names) Spells.xml (contains all the copyrighted spell names that CiP own).

Just my 2 cents,
Yodot.

Last edited:
Back