• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Evolutions Project 8.6

3oom

Infected
Reaction score
Hi, I didn't know where to post this - so if I've posted in the wrong section, please move this thread.

However,
I've been playing this game since 7.6, I basically hosted my own server at the age of 11, my brother introduced me to LUA scripting - and I have been playing around with it pretty much ever since.
Back then, I couldn't host my servers 24/7, as my parents got very m3d when my computer was up and running. Yeah, we all remember those fat screened computers. They were cute.

Anyhow,
I started to think about the game 2 weeks ago - I haven't been playing for so many years, I've been busy with school, and yeah - the game becomes pretty much boring after a while. But I decided to once again come back and open my own server once again, obviously for the 100th time or something.
As I understand pretty much in Tibia has changed etc, before there was no events or those specifik quests, the scripting didn't need to be that advanced - although they're not advanced today neither, but I hope you get my point.

So...
Currently I'm working on a small Evolutions project, edited... obviously.
I was thinking first about a fun server, with a high exp rating (5000-10000) - however, that would become boring after a while. So I was thinking about somewhere between 50-100 and staged, as a server with high experience will become pretty boring after a while. So yeah, obviously somewhere between 50-100, staged etc - so everything becomes interesting.
The main reason why I created this thread is because I want YOUR opinion. As I am pretty much an old school player. I dont know what you who play 8.6 wants to see in a server.
I have basically been thinking about the following.

• Experience rating: (If it should be low high) - The server is based on an Evolutions map, therefore I thought about that it should have a pretty high rate. But when thinking the other way - a high EXP rate may become boring with multiple level 10.000's running around. Therefore somewhere between 50-100 exp.
  • Spawns and Hunting Areas / Quests: If there should be teleports to every quest and spawns - the thing with this is that if doing like this, it will not become interesting - it's more fun with spawns placed around the map that you'll have to find by yourself, but the thing is that - this is an Evolutions map. Most players are used to that there ARE teleports.My other idea is to place multiple quests around the map, script quest givers. Some teleports that actually teleports you to spawns - but also that there's hunting grounds / quests that you'll have to find for yourself.
    -I'd seriously like your opinion on how I should proceed with this.
  • Mapping: Mapping here is not such a big problem. I will give that RPG-ish feeling to the map, but also somewhat of that illusions feeling to it. I know how to proceed with this one - I want to attract the eye and I feel like I pretty much have succeeded, although - I'm just half way done with the city (Enigma City) - obviously I will remove that name and rename the city.
  • Events: Not only is it the ratings etc that CAN make the player bored, but if there's nothing to do - the players will become bored aswell, therefore I have thought about multiple events that can be created by an administrator or players if they are enough in a group. Is this important?
    What events would be fun? - I know there's zombie events, but I have no idea if players thinks that killing zombies is funny :eek:
  • Arena: I'm thinking about creating an specifik arena - the server will obviously be PVP, however - at this arena players can go against each other by just entering it - when killing a player you will earn a coin (1 coin for each kill) - which you can buy great equipment with. However, killing a player outside this arena will not give you any coin.
    Is this a great addition that could be used?

There's many other ideas, yet I'd like to know your opinion. What do players want?
    What makes you stay? What is typical for these kind of servers?

Well i would def start rofl, Tho ur "system" with the arena is kinda bad since you can easily cheat with that, we can just kill our friend over and over again and gain that coin.
The coin should be a reward from events, (automatic and manually)- events. Mapping, well we all love pvp, so maybe you should fix traps and hidden spots that gives that feeling. Exp-rate seems epic, spawns/hunting should be tp, Quests should be both, for an example. lvl 70 quest is tp, but an lvl 150 quest is somewhere around the city under the caves or whatever.

Well i would def start rofl, Tho ur "system" with the arena is kinda bad since you can easily cheat with that, we can just kill our friend over and over again and gain that coin.
Ahh yes, logical thinking, I didn't even think about that. Tyvm.

And yes indeed, I weas thinking about that you can do multiple tasks given from an NPC - completing them will give you not a coin, but items to CREATE this equipment, for example: (this is a new idea) insteading of getting this coin in PVP, there will be NPC's around the world that will give you tasks, for instance you will have to get wood for them etc etc. Once that completed, you will get this item that you can create a specifik armour / sword with. However, you need many parts of these items, not just one. Would that work?

Well it would but i'm a guy that just joins an ot, get a fine lvl to pvp and then start pvping, i dont do that kind of stuff but ya it would work, seems great ;P tho just dont make it so complicated since there are alot of retards out there.

Kay, I will update this post when I have started working on more ideas

Back