• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Finding a Distro

XtrmJosh

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Millionth time browser, first time requester (that I know of, though probably a half-truth).

I've been looking for a 8.93 distribution (or at least the source for a 8.90+ distro). I can't seem to find any here unfortunately, and I don't trust many other websites (not that I trust every member here, but I trust the people to be well-meaning and respectable). I see a lot of 9.83 compatible OTs on the lists, so I can't help but think there is a website which hosts such goodies that I don't know of... Either that or a section of this forum which I don't see... Perhaps there is a bleeding edge TFS which has such compatibility? I know enough C++ to make some modifications myself, if there are newer protocols (8.91, or maybe a bit older) which are gonna be easy to update, but any advice on how to do so is still appreciated.

If someone could point me in the right direction that would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Josh,

8.93? That wasn't a client version, AFAIK. If my memory serves me right, it went from 8.71 to 9.0 in one update. Do you mean "9.83?" Only donators (premium members) have access to that client version.

You'll need to look here: Distributions.

J.Dre

Hi Josh,

8.93? That wasn't a client version, AFAIK. If my memory serves me right, it went from 8.71 to 9.0 in one update. Do you mean "9.83?" Only donators (premium members) have access to that client version.

You'll need to look here: Distributions.

J.Dre

My apologies, I do mean 9.83. Is it definitely available to premium members? I do not object to purchasing a subscription if so, or even if the 9.80+ sources are available. Also, might I ask which IDE is generally used for compiling? I can't seem to find a VS project file in the TFS latest release, so I don't think it uses VS, maybe Code::Blocks?

Thanks again

My apologies, I do mean 9.83. Is it definitely available to premium members? I do not object to purchasing a subscription if so, or even if the 9.80+ sources are available. Also, might I ask which IDE is generally used for compiling? I can't seem to find a VS project file in the TFS latest release, so I don't think it uses VS, maybe Code::Blocks?

Thanks again

Yes, premium members do have access to the latest SVN, including all of the source files (http://otland.net/subversion.php). However, these are still under development. You can compile with MSVC, I used to do so myself. Here is a tutorial I found: http://otland.net/f479/compiling-how-compile-forgotten-server-msvc-under-windows-64-bit-184022/. I'm not familiar with other compilation methods, someone else will have to answer to that.

J.Dre

Yes, premium members do have access to the latest SVN files, including all of the source files (Subversion) However, these are still under development. You can compile with MSVC, I used to do so myself. Here is a tutorial I found: http://otland.net/f479/compiling-how-compile-forgotten-server-msvc-under-windows-64-bit-184022/. I'm not familiar with other compilation methods, someone else will have to answer to that.

J.Dre

I've discovered that the current system uses Dev-CPP so I'm configuring that at the minute. Sorry for my persistence, and I understand that it may be a difficult question to answer due to the risk in confirming such a question, but can you tell me is the source for 9.83 available? You have said that the latest SVN files are, and that all of the source files are, but you haven't mentioned if the latest Tibia protocol server is available.

Thanks

Thanks guys, I appreciate your time and assistance. Just trying to get Dev-C++ working with MinGW, it's not compiling at the minute, giving me error 1073741819 - it seems my linker settings are fucked but I don't know the IDE well enough to fix them personally. I'll try compile with VS soon if I can't manage with this. If anyone knows the error code feel free to shout at me what it is, if not then I'll leave it at this for now and get on with trying to compile.

Thanks again, I appreciate your help guys!

Back