• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] Guilcera Oldschool - 7.x Custom Map

The server has a great balance, mages are OP as fuck as they always were and he just gave knights and pallys a 20% buff? plus 0.3 damage per level or something, so it aint really that big of a deal if you compare it to a sorcerer that gets a shit ton of damage every lvl.

I was a bit dissapointed on the epic quests, as they seem to be way too easy for the rewards, yet its just a custom server and its not like it will ruin the economy :p I'm sure that if the quest were to be reworked, the players that already own those items would have no issue with returning them and re doing the questy again, because the people that did stay is cool people and not the toxic motherfucker you always see on 7.x servers.

Anyways, I havent been playing lately because my friends (the noob crew that I recruited and had to teach how to play) came to my house and we had a lan party :) plus when I logged in my friends werent on so I just went off.

Jamal, Radical, Russian, Moonshine, Wruno, Worr.

All my niggass and the ones I forgetti to put there, cheers to all :) we always go to the same servers without telling eachother LOL cheers and msg me here if you read this ;)

@Peonso

If you want to reset the server or whatever, just lower the EXP rates, and add a bit more of mid lvl content, as well as more places with minotaurs, dwarves and a way to get rid of gold! (for all classes)

For example, making a 100x UH by bringing the 5x rune backpacks and paying 10k isnt too crazy. And of course, the weight of the UH would be the same as if you were carrying the 5 backpacks.

I have a shit ton of ideas that you could use, msg me on discord or here, I'll share them with you :)

Guys don't try to bury the server, there will be no reset anytime soon. I have more things to implement, hope you are all there to see. @Lisq, totally agree with you that most quests are bland, enter a zone with a bunch of monsters and chest. I hope to bring more variation. Also regarding as monsters to kill, which is hard, since how would I add a place to exp as good as dragons for knights regarding exp and loot?

Also regarding formulas, it's all as Tibia always was, unless something is bugged, but I really don't think it is. Exception is knight/paladin max damage, that is boosted. @Lisq, knight damage here is really ridiculous high, if you fell it is lackluster somehow you wouldn't like how it really was. Knight don't miss, it can have a low hit entirely mitigated by monsters defenses, paladins can miss though.

@Peonso well maybe armor formulas are alright, but then monster are hitting too much. Today a bug plague happened in peonsville and 5 bugs made me bleed quite often wirh great shield c legs golden boots winged helmet lol

@Lisq I think the Guilcera damage is somewhere between 7.4 and 8.0. My point was that knights are already buffed in the server so arguments like "leave it as it is" and "people should stop complaining" are bad because your character was already buffed. As far as realism goes (your comment about poof/spark misses) the argument that melee attacks should never miss is a double-edged sword because you tank melee attack from every creature that you kill. If I remember correctly the poof (white) is when you completely miss your attack and spark (yellow) is when your attack was too weak to inflict damage (e.g newbie hitting you for 30 and your full rare set blocking 30/30 dmg).

It's hard to keep every aspect of the game realistic though because Tibia is not realistic. I can shoot my HMM 2 sqm further than my bolt in west/east directions but not north/south. Maybe we can think of a realistic explaination for this too? :rolleyes: Something with the earth magnetic field? :D

Was a good server for that old school feeling at the beginning.... but I didn't have many friends playing and I couldn't be active enough as I'm quite busy during summer. I think the game is the most fun in the beginning (under lvl 60) after that and with customs stuff people were able to make money pretty fast I seems.

As far as realism goes (your comment about poof/spark misses) the argument that melee attacks should never miss is a double-edged sword because you tank melee attack from every creature that you kill. If I remember correctly the poof (white) is when you completely miss your attack and spark (yellow) is when your attack was too weak to inflict damage (e.g newbie hitting you for 30 and your full rare set blocking 30/30 dmg).

Damage is rolled, shielding is rolled, if shielding>damage=poff, else armor is rolled, if armor>residual damage=spark, else hit.

Change Log 22/09

As usual, some changes already applied, and some of them will be applied at server save. If your character is already over the maximum number of kills allowed, any next unjustified kill will trigger the automatic banishment, check your frags with /frags command.

- Fixed a bug where applying banishment for excessive player killing wasn't working.
- GM Peonso comes back from vacation trip.
- Fixed bugs making quest at Turim banshees not being reachable.
- Fixed a bug making base tiles of Turim depot pyramid being slow.
- Fixed a bug with a quest where the reward was a bugged chameleon rune (if someone want to trade ask me).
- Plural of fish correct set now as fish.
- NPC Liv now sells purple tapestry and correctly sells indoor plants packed.
- Dresser furniture kit should be working.
- Postman missions added to quest log.

Write something down to make it happen! I have been lost in the middle of tons of code and researches in real 7.7 servers in the last two weeks. So I'm writing down this post to force me to update the server with my current progress, since it's an endless grind and I can't expect to have everything perfect with you regulars last men standing waiting. As promised I'm doing some work regarding monsters behavior/AI. I still didn't get all the features I want, but let me list what will be certainly implemented in the next days:

- Nearby perfect behavior for monsters fleeing, including pathfinding and not melee attacking.
- Huge improvements for ranged monsters behavior, incluiding pathfinding and slowing down to melee attack players.
- New pick target algorithm using manhattan distance.
- Real Tibia 7.7 spell formulas for most spells (we will be missing only Berserk, Soulfire, Envenon and Poison Storm).

I'm working on more things, but progress is not certain. Also already scketching ideas for a big quest and new areas for it.

Last but not least, big thanks to @e.e and @Kungenn for making test environments available.

It's not really new content, but worked hard in monster behavior and AI in last weeks and some of it is already ready. Monsters taking distance and fleeing behavior should match real Tibia now.

15/10

- As Guilcera has less bugs now, bug invasion will happen less often.
- Monsters will dancestep more often.
- Damage formulas of all damage spells are now based on 7.7 Tibia leaked server formulas, with the exception of Berserk, Soulfire, Envenon and Poison Storm.
- Ranged monsters only dancestep at ideal 4 sqm range.
- Ranged monsters slowdown at melee range to melee attack.
- Fleeing monsters don't melee attack anymore.
- Monsters now pick targets using Manhattan distance to determine nearness.
- New path finding algorithm for ranged monsters trying to distance themselves from players, that matches the behavior from 7.7 Tibia leaked server.
- New path finding algorithm for fleeing monsters trying to distance themselves from players, that matches the behavior from 7.7 Tibia leaked server.

@paco7fu
Espero que mate warlocks hasta que sus dedos sangran.

Just curious. What was it before? (And if you know: What is the standard in ot servers?)
TFS 1.1 has this since february 2015, probably most oldschools and old servers don't have this. Before, it just checked for the highest axis distance, each sqm distance would be a square around the monster. I confirmed at real 7.7 server that monsters uses the Manhattan distance.

2t0IOix.png

Last edited:
Interesting. How would this work in regards to tanking a demon? The knight would want to stand diagonally to avoid the energy beam, but would that make the demon more likely to re-target to one of the shooters? I guess the real question is whether this algorithm (?) considers walking distance or positional distance. Standing one sqm north-west from a monster is the same distance as one sqm west – because the walking distance is 0.

test.png

Last edited:
Are you going to publish these formulas you got from 7.7 leaked files?

Interesting. How would this work in regards to tanking a demon? The knight would want to stand diagonally to avoid the energy beam, but would that make the demon more likely to re-target to one of the shooters? I guess the real question is whether this algorithm (?) considers walking distance or positional distance. Standing one sqm north-west from a monster is the same distance as one sqm west – because the walking distance is 0.

View attachment 30686

Never thought about that, but just logged at a 7.7 to confirm, it's indeed just Manhattan distance, don't work as in your image. Regard how this works, monsters that have chance to change target, once it's triggered it's rolled which strategy it will use, most of the monsters have 100% chance to only pick nearest target (all the ranged monsters and most of the minor monsters that can change target), some like demon, GS and others can pick random targets, lower hp targets or biggest damage dealer. If the strategy picked is the nearest target, the algorithm will be used to determine which players are in the closest range and one of them will be picked. When a demon change target for someone that is not blocking, it has nothing to do with this, it changed target based on another strategy. Note that the same target can be picked, a monster try to change target and determine that regarding the strategy picked the current target is the best one he will stick to it.

Are you going to publish these formulas you got from 7.7 leaked files?
I actually published them before adding them to my server, check OTHire repository for all this stuff.