• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] Rookville [10.77] - OFFLINE!

Greets Rookvillers!

Rookville has gone through a massive amount of Changes during the last month towards the wanted RPG/PvP server rather then a War server. The "live change" during the online time made a lot of things complicated and buggy but also for the better. This run has done a lot for the Rookville Project and I thank each and every one of you for playing. The Rookville server will be kept online for a bit longer even if no one plays any longer. I have already completed and started working on fixes and balances from everything I have seen, read and had reported.

I would like to state that this run should have been a beta as many of you suggested and I do take that to me, so what will happen to Rookville now?
The server will remain as 10.77 as this still is the most stable and official version and as I want to stick to the original version to not get any random future problems.

Future of Rookville:
The plan is now to fix and complete everything that is needed and then host a fast exp "live beta" (100-999x?) with the newest areas closed so they remain fun and "secret". This fast "live beta" will not go offline unless everyone stops playing, the goal will however be to solve more possible bugs and issues rather then make updates.
The live beta will hopefully be online in about 2 weeks.

Once I feel that everything is running smooth I'll set up a new Rookville server in its true form. The fast version will be replaced with the new Rookville server unless their is still activity and people playing on the fast one. This would make me wait with the real version or simply have them both online.

I will gladly take any feedback of what rates you would like to see at the "fast live beta" server and if their is anything that you'd like me to fix for the real Rookville version.

KindregardsEldinlogo_zps9c8d3e30.png

Greets Rookvillers!

Rookville has gone through a massive amount of Changes during the last month towards the wanted RPG/PvP server rather then a War server. The "live change" during the online time made a lot of things complicated and buggy but also for the better. This run has done a lot for the Rookville Project and I thank each and every one of you for playing. The Rookville server will be kept online for a bit longer even if no one plays any longer. I have already completed and started working on fixes and balances from everything I have seen, read and had reported.

I would like to state that this run should have been a beta as many of you suggested and I do take that to me, so what will happen to Rookville now?
The server will remain as 10.77 as this still is the most stable and official version and as I want to stick to the original version to not get any random future problems.

Future of Rookville:
The plan is now to fix and complete everything that is needed and then host a fast exp "live beta" (100-999x?) with the newest areas closed so they remain fun and "secret". This fast "live beta" will not go offline unless everyone stops playing, the goal will however be to solve more possible bugs and issues rather then make updates.
The live beta will hopefully be online in about 2 weeks.

Once I feel that everything is running smooth I'll set up a new Rookville server in its true form. The fast version will be replaced with the new Rookville server unless their is still activity and people playing on the fast one. This would make me wait with the real version or simply have them both online.

I will gladly take any feedback of what rates you would like to see at the "fast live beta" server and if their is anything that you'd like me to fix for the real Rookville version.

why 100-999 lol ppl kill 1 rotworm and skip everything xD

@Destruckto - You might be right, the idea is fast exp so people can PvP and easily explore etc and to find game-bugs at the Beta.
A serious version can be set Online once the fast Beta is working fine and things are solved.<

50-100x Exp might be better, I am not sure at this stage, what do you Think for a "beta"?

Might be time for a reset, no one has logged in in quite some time, also the site was unavailable for x duration.

I got bored after a while especially with all the map debugs, I wasn't sure which area was safe to hunt and wasting all my hard earned cc on those item upgrades.. i felt like I was putting that npc's kids through college :p

I hope you fixed everything that was broken. :)

@Destruckto - You might be right, the idea is fast exp so people can PvP and easily explore etc and to find game-bugs at the Beta.
A serious version can be set Online once the fast Beta is working fine and things are solved.<

50-100x Exp might be better, I am not sure at this stage, what do you Think for a "beta"?

@Codex NG reset wont help at anything.

@Eldin Ye just open it with better xp rate so ppl can get high lvl fast and explore alot true but x999 is bit to much :D i think x100 should be ok maybe give all vocs instant 100skills from everything? would be funny for pvp and more balanced so everyone has same skill doesnt need to be 100 of all :D just an idea

Dunno if ppl play anyway its hard to say i have barely time atm dunno what other ppl do :D im just here posting some stuff for few min I really like the server but its boring when no one is online and it got run over fast i mean the content ^^

Please next time you open PLEASE open it with 10.82 or 10.90! I hate wasting my time on such an amazing server just to watch it die in a few days :\

Please next time you open PLEASE open it with 10.82 or 10.90! I hate wasting my time on such an amazing server just to watch it die in a few days :\
Distro don't matter its all the same shit..

With higher version and more items & mounts & addons with alot of new content he can make this server great, but on 10.76 it will always end the same...
wtf are you on about? It's custom server, it can "end" in whichever way Eldin wants and Client version has nothing to do with it.

wtf are you on about? It's custom server, it can "end" in whichever way Eldin wants and Client version has nothing to do with it.
Still 10.76 isnt even fun, any other server you see is 10.82 - 10.93 if he would just put the time into making it one of them versions he will get alot of players and can run the server Long Term, if he ever opens the server with 10.76 i wouldnt waste my time on it, such an amazing server gone to waste.

edit: If this server was already on otland id upgrade it to like 10.82 - 10.90+ just so the server doesnt die.

Still 10.76 isnt even fun, any other server you see is 10.82 - 10.93 if he would just put the time into making it one of them versions he will get alot of players and can run the server Long Term, if he ever opens the server with 10.76 i wouldnt waste my time on it, such an amazing server gone to waste.

edit: If this server was already on otland id upgrade it to like 10.82 - 10.90+ just so the server doesnt die.
So.. Ur pointing out here if you have a server with one of the freshest client. Your server will instantly be a succes and immortal.

Gotta write that on my list.

If I do recall you were one of the people complaining about the server.. Eldin made changes based on you cry babies, yet you never logged in again..

Its @Eldin's server not yours, if he wants to run an x distro that is his decision, not your's.

If I do recall you were one of the people complaining about the server.. Eldin made changes based on you cry babies, yet you never logged in again..

Its @Eldin's server not yours, if he wants to run an x distro that is his decision, not your's.
I wasnt crying or anything, it took me a while to login to the site to create my character because of some stupid thing they added, i had to download a whole other browser to even create an account and it did it for other players also. And that is fine, if he wants to run the server on a non-popular version that is his choice, he wont have a big community without the effort of doing what the players want.

I loved rookville, i played almost totally alone for 2 weeks every now and then i would see someone and i'd help them as much as i could so people would play with me...
But didn't go as planned, hopefully the server will get more players in the future.

Greets fellow adventures!

Real Life have yet again taken my time, I now slowly began to work on Rookville again to work through all reports from the last run.
I can not set a date at this stage but I hope to be done in a relative close future.

Feel free to bring any suggestions, discussions or wanted updates for the next Rookville!

Kind Regards,
Eldin

Maybe make a war server rookville and 1 rpg/pvp
I really like rookville pvp so war would be cool like u start with lvl 100 skills 80 or something each kill give xp gold then u can buy pots each start like every time u die u get same lvl 100 skills 80 50 pots mana hp spirit w.e bit gold maybe also make that players cant trade and drop anything on ground would be good