• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Gathering interest for Nelvara!

David Lättman

Nelvara Staff
Reaction score

Greetings Otland!

Straight to the point, Nelvara has been empty for a long time now. Why Nelvara doesn't get attention is unclear to us since we believe that the server and it's style has very high quality. The server is still (and will always be) up running and is pretty much empty these days. So now I ask you to answer some simple questions below to find out if there is any people out there interested of playing on Nelvara, and if so, why they dont etc.​

1. Have you heard about the server before?
2. Have you tried out Nelvara?
- If yes, why did you quit?
3. Could you be interested of start playing?
4. What can we improve to make the server more interesting?
5. Is a reset of the server interesting to get a fresh start?

If you have any other thoughts please don't be shy to spit em out!

With kind regards, Nelvara.

Last edited:
1. No.
2 . Didn't know about Nelvara so no.
3. After giving a quick lock i will give a try.
4. Can't really contribute to that because i never played.
5. Yes

1. No.
2. never had heard before
3. If it's fun '-'
4. I don't know about it. so make sure to being noticed
5. If is needed

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
- Had noone to play with.
3. Very much so.
4. Make something more that satifies the "custom" category. Spells, items or anything other than mounts.
5. Yes.

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
- Had noone to play with.
3. Very much so.
4. Make something more that satifies the "custom" category. Spells, items or anything other than mounts.
5. Yes.
Hello Shade, thanks for your opinion!:) The idea of making more things custom is good and I like it, the thing with spells is that it easily can be unbalanced and you have to put down a lot of effort to make it good. For the items tho i'd say we have a pretty custom and unique system, I guess you never encountered it since it's pretty rare drops! but check it out at, http://nelvara.com/equipment_enchantments

Hello Shade, thanks for your opinion!:) The idea of making more things custom is good and I like it, the thing with spells is that it easily can be unbalanced and you have to put down a lot of effort to make it good. For the items tho i'd say we have a pretty custom and unique system, I guess you never encountered it since it's pretty rare drops! but check it out at, http://nelvara.com/equipment_enchantments
I see. I didn't play much since I didn't have any friends on there and noone liked me :'(

Greetings Otland!

Straight to the point, Nelvara has been empty for a long time now. Why Nelvara doesn't get attention is unclear to us since we believe that the server and it's style has very high quality. The server is still (and will always be) up running and is pretty much empty these days. So now I ask you to answer some simple questions below to find out if there is any people out there interested of playing on Nelvara, and if so, why they dont etc.​

- If yes, why did you quit?

If you have any other thoughts please don't be shy to spit em out!

With kind regards, Nelvara.
1. Yes
2. Yes
I quited because lack of players and content
3. yeah i think so
4. make it more custom :)
make good advertising (streamers, otservlists, build HYPE)
make sure server is bug free
5.yeah i would like to start there with my team one more time had a lot fun last era :)

take care and good luck :)

1. Yes.
2. Yes, but I didn't get very far due to how boring it was.
3. Depends what changes are made to the server.
4. There is so much you can do to improve the server.
  • As mentioned above and many times in previous threads we need the server to be more custom.
  • From what I could tell the only custom monster that existed was the "Esmeralda". There might be a few more custom monsters, but no where near how many there should be.
  • Legit custom equipment, not vanilla equipment that's modified by your enchanting system. It's zero fun to have only vanilla items and monsters because we already know everything about them. We know how hard each monster is, what each monster can drop, what stats each item has, etc.. there isn't really any challenge or excitement if you already know what the outcomes will be. We need items with new names, stats, etc..
  • The same thing applies to spells.. we've all seen the vanilla spells for years and years and it's pretty lackluster. I know that you can argue the entire point of "it's hard to balance custom spells" which is true, but doesn't mean it's impossible. There is only one way to find out and that's to try it out. If it turns out to be OP then it can be tweaked or even removed. Major games like League of Legends and CS-GO end up having balancing issues, but that's why they constantly update.
  • The reason I believe Nelvara never had a large player base is because of 3 main reasons. The first one is the EXP rate which was way to low... I felt like I was playing real Tibia LOL and I'm sure I wasn't the only one who stopped playing because of the EXP rate. In the Nelvara - Reset and Update Discussion Thread it was said that the EXP rate would be much higher which many people seemed to like so seeing that actually happen would be nice. The second reason is one that I have already put emphasis on and that's on how little custom the server had. Most of the players around the community that enjoy RPG's actually like to see custom, and not just a custom map or some custom systems. The third reason would be advertising your server as much as possible. The more hype there is the more players that will come.
5. Weren't you already planning a Reset? According to the Reset and Update Thread you were adding a lot of new things such as spell enchantments, alchemy, mining, and tree cutting.
Either way a reset is 100% necessary and it's not like anyone really play right now. I've mentioned many of this before, and of course the chances of the server becoming more custom in terms of monsters, items, and spell is very slim, but I still had to try. Good luck with whatever you decided and hopefully you stay committed.

Great servers deserve feedback. I apologize if my feedback is less-than-helpful, though.

1. Yes.
2. Yes. Nelvara is probably the only server I've played in years.
  • I quit simply due to real-life obligations. If things had been another way, I'd have played for much longer.
3. It's unlikely. I'm currently too busy to even contribute to my own projects as much as I'd like, let alone enjoy another game.
4. Honestly, no idea. Nelvara was intuitive, balanced, and quite interesting. I don't feel the server lacked in this area at all.
5. Yes and no. It will only generate an arbitrary increase in players, what you do during that time is what will make the biggest difference. You have to replace the "reset-mongers" with dedicated players at a pretty quick rate to have a maintained community. Unfortunately, if I recall correctly, this community had a very negative impact on your server early on (something with a minor mishap with some experience stages or something) that caused damage unproportional to the reality of the issue. Your best advertising space is not here, it's here. Unfortunately, you don't have much room to showcase your server.

Quite a few people seemed to gripe about the experience rate being low. I tend to disagree. I made it to level 100 in a week or so with minimal effort. I suppose a lot of people now-a-days don't have much sense when playing a more classic-Tibia-style server; that kind of 8.0-feeling has been dead for a long time now, which I very much felt when playing Nelvara.

I wish you guys the best of luck.
Red

I have yes, via OTLand.

I played the first era untill about level 130, remember it was a lot of fun. The 2nd time the server launched I tried it out but the exprate was too low for my taste at that time, as I didn't have a lot of time to play and level up.

The reason I quit the first era was because 1. the enemies we were 'fighting' now and then stopped playing, and overall the population decreased to a point where I didn't see a reason to keep on playing. I'm looking for PVP to mix in with my RPGing, and the server couldn't deliver that anymore.

Yes, if the exprate is decent at the start so the low and boring levels can be sort of 'skipped'.

Not sure, it has been a while, but I enjoyed most hunting spawns and quests, they were pretty well thought through and not too small to level at.

If you want players to come in I'd advise a reset to get a fresh start indeed, that would get me interested in playing again.

I played this server my name was dude i quit at lvl 50 as an ed beacuse the staff just let players bot up all day and then power abuse the lower lvls who played fairly..i loved the map, the spawns i saw at least..and the enchant system..

alot of us been waiting on reset for months

so reset now not 5 more months
get active staff and jail botters
advertise your server more or something
and add trainers or statues the tree concept was cool but higher lvls can just kill u there easy/ or anyone can push u out of them

also exp rate was fine to me but im part of that weird small crowd that likes a challange..most players logout if a rotworm doesnt give them lvl 20 lol

but anyways im 27 years old and i work 6 days a week and i still found time to play here
if you love something you will find time to do it..

Last edited:
Back