• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Gettin' lonely!

adrian5b

Reaction score
Hello guys, this might be a little unexpected as I'm not looking for any technical support nor programming assistance, I have a bigger problem here, greater than any script bug or non-working quest. After 4 months of developing our map and scripting the impossible, our server is finally ready to be played, we got our dedicated server and a pretty nice looking website. Jeez, I don't know how the hell did we make it so far. Ok, now it's time to tell everybody to play our awesome server! ... ok uhm... everybody.. play!! .. ??

Here's the problem we got, a problem I never thought of, didn't sound that important when first mentioned months ago. Our server is completely empty and has never had more than 20 players!

Please note that I'm not advertising here, I am asking for support in how to make people start playing your server when it has never had more than 25 players online? as it is new, we don't know how to bring them for the first time.

Server's website is L i n u k online - Latest News please give a look to it tell me what are we lacking of. Thanks!

Well there's some things you could change like "Copyrights © 2009 by OTS Name. All rights reserved."

Maybe remove the "Designed by Paxton" and put the design credits in another place.

Change your favicon.

Change your forum to MyBB, vBulletin if possible.

The shop tables are still yellow, bad looking yellow tables.
L i n u k online - Shop System

I would also suggest you to make server advertisements! (banners)

:)

Example of an attractive header:
t1.gif

I made that header. :)

Last edited:
Its a nice website however its a common website to be used.

To make your site more interesting, you should create better quests, things people have not done before.

Try getting your own website running.

To me it just looks like another server nothing special.

I see I see... ok about the © copyrights I'll ask my webmaster to change that as I consider myself really bad with all that Php stuff.

@MrSheen: I got no problems with quests and such, the OT as a game, not considering the players it has as there are none, works just fine and the map is HUGE (like twice mainland, not counting Tiquanda, Ankrahmun nor Darashia). If there were players already online I am pretty sure the population on my OT would grow fast; what I need is something to answer this question to a possible player: "Why would I play this OT if there are really few players at the moment?"

Thanks!

First off if it's 90% real tibia map and 10% custom ignore the rest of my post.

Ok, so you have a custom map, this is the way I would do it.
  • Start by posting some screenshots of the server from mysterious quests or hard monsters and post some stories (if you got any) which shows how fun and challenging the server is, thats what every players wants..(well that and pvp :p).

• Show the people that you are serious and won't shut the server down after some bad time/low players, people are used that custom servers go now shortly after they opened to the public, so their first thoughts are "yet a fail project not worth playing"
    So you need to show them that they are wrong and that you are here to stay!
    And you will also need to show them that you are willing to listen and take whatever they have to say into consideration.
    None likes a guy who rejects everything and decides everything himself, REMEMBER; The players are the ones that are supposed to be entertained and not you.

• If you get some popular guys from here to play your server and enjoy it (without giving them special treatment) they could tip the other guys/friends to give it a shot.
    But keep bumping the thread and maybe add some new screenshots ;)
  • When you are starting to get players you can't start sitting on your ass and watch your player amount raise.
    You want the players to stay also, so keep updating,listening and discussing.
    Don't make the map updates similar to each other, make them unique so the players get some variation.

• This is point is very important, don't have corrupted GM's!
    Everyone hates when a gm's give their friends special treatment by giving them tp,items,levels etc.
    And also make sure that you got good gm's that don't take anything personal and can take the pressure.
    If the GM is in a bad mood it shouldn't go over on the players, they should always stay cool.

• Final words, keeping a server popular and liked isn't that easy as many people think.. but having CUSTOM things and fresh ideas is a big plus :)

Well thats at least what I would have done or something :p.
I know I'm not the best writer or so but I hope you understood what I meant.

Lol, this is probably the biggest answer I've given to anyone xD

Wow Zisly, thanks a lot for the biggest answer. Haha the map is 90% custom and 10% tibia, or maybe 80%-20%. I took the screenshots as you recommended. I also made and editted a five minute video which I plan to put in YouTube and stuff like that. I guess I could also put my server information up on my website so players can see that I actually hired a real dedicated server. Thanks Zisly seriously, any idea of where could I upload my images so players feel like visiting my site?

PS.: You are all invited to take a look at it and rate it

Advertising on Pazzur-online.com's forum is not a good idea either.

Listen, there is no special method you can use to get load of players, players will join your ot because they think it's fun.

Otland advertising, otfans advertising, otservlist, ots-list.org

Those are your friends to advertise on.

Wow Zisly, thanks a lot for the biggest answer. Haha the map is 90% custom and 10% tibia, or maybe 80%-20%. I took the screenshots as you recommended. I also made and editted a five minute video which I plan to put in YouTube and stuff like that. I guess I could also put my server information up on my website so players can see that I actually hired a real dedicated server. Thanks Zisly seriously, any idea of where could I upload my images so players feel like visiting my site?

PS.: You are all invited to take a look at it and rate it

As Nikkster said, make a thread in the advertising section both on otland and otfans.
Post your screenshots and all that there :)
I can test the server later today :p

Edit; what version is it?

Last edited:
It's 8.40, we didn't think it was useful to make it 8.42 as the 8.5 update is soon to be done, but now I think it would be nice to make it 8.42 as most of the OT's are.

Back