• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Help With Logging in!!

Smokiee Jo

Website Scripter
Solutions
Reaction score
hey guys so as my title says i need help logging into the game "my end" all of my friends can login to the OT not a problem what so ever, but i cant login or even fetch my character list, if anyone knows the reason on why, or even interested in helping out that would be amazing

i know this is probably the most noobie's thing going but i've never had this problem before so it's never really crossed my path on "error's to fix"

Thanks
Smokiee Jo

on mine mate, i have no errors in console or anything "also on the website, i have to use like 127.0.0.1/192.1**.*.*" not my router IP or my custom domain IP where my mates can use my domain IP or my router IP its abit odd :/

Smokiee Jo

sorry to double post so soon but i've got it to "load character list" but it wont ping me into the game now, and it's only me who cant login all of my rl's are on straight away without any issue..

i've opened ports fine
i've even opened DMZ

Last edited by a moderator:
@Okke yes mate i've done all of that mate i mean the only real problem it has is when i change the IP in the config.lua from either "127.0.0.1/192.168.1.1" >LocalHost< or "whatismyip/domainip"

so when i have this in config : 127.0.0.1/192.168.1.1 >> Only i can login, standard ofc.

but when i have this in config : whatismyip/domainip >> it lets everyone login Except me :S

i dont know if it's my router but all the setting on there are fine, i use the Talk Talk HG633 (Brandnew to me) as iv'e recently changed to Talk Talk, but all my ports are open and portchecker can see there "open"

if anyone know's anything about why "me the host" cant login but the public/real friends can please help haha!!

Smokiee Jo !

You are supposed to put the global ip in config, and yourself logging in by using your local ip, did you do that?

Put your public ip address into config.lua
Then try to login to your own server using 127.0.0.1
If that does not work, use your IPv4 address.

You can easily find it by
Opening: CMD
typing: ipconfig

J72dM9v.png

@Xikini hey mate sorry for such a long reply my pc broke down that day :/ i have tried your way and still nothing i have character list come up with 127.0.0.1/192.168.1.9 but just wont kick me into the game, no idea why :/

if you put 192.168.1.9 into config.lua then you can login, but other people won't be able to login, NAT is the reason of this problem. you can create a free hostname at http://www.noip.com/ and use it in config.lua, but then you have to add a hosts file entry on the hosting PC like this:
Code:
127.0.0.1 your-host.ddns.net

Last edited:
hey mate so i have done that, but where would i put my IP into the "Global.lua" as iv'e also added the host into my "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\Hosts"
@Elbow

hey mate so i have done that, but where would i put my IP into the "Global.lua" as iv'e also added the host into my "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\Hosts"
@Elbow

use your DNS as the IP for everything now.

If you have everything portforwarded, no firewalls up, no anti-virus running, host file set, and DNS set correctly. Everything should work..

Do you live at home? or in the dorms?

Where I live I currently can't host due to my ISP being complete fkin degenerates.

@xKrazyx hey mate iv'e done that and i still only get character list up, still wont connect me into the game, im at home i have my own Dedicated server With DDG Hosting but i do all my update checks on my pc on my home internet and get my friends to help if i need more then myself to check the update :p

@Elbow
typo, config.lua, not global.lua
so your free DNS host is now entered in config.lua? which server are you using? did you save the hosts file properly, and add the correct domain in hosts file?

If you did, it will redirect you to 127.0.0.1 instead of global IP, which should work to login just fine, if you've set bindOnlyGlobalAddress to false

Solved!

the issue was so easily mistaken, problem was in "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\Hosts" added # infront of my IPv4

Code:
127.0.0.1 your-host.ddns.net (Right format)

#127.0.0.1 your-host.ddns.net (Wrong format)

Thanks @Elbow

Back