• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Infinite Runes vs. Charges

Elda Swok

Searching New Project
Reaction score
So, I've been thinking about helping my friend make a server, but he wants to do unlimited charges on his runes, + inf ammo. Anyone have any suggestions? I've never really liked them but if more people do like them, then I don't see the harm. Just looking for opinions please.

unlimited ammo advantages: not having to keep making more ammo to hunt
disadvantages: only need 1 strong arrows/bolt and you can hunt forever

unlimited runes advantages: unlimited hunting
disadvantages: screwy economy where you make way too much gp on mages

Charges, however reduce the capacity by 20-50 %, resulting that players will be able to hunt more, aswell as are ready to fight back if someone attacks them on their way back.

I personally think that unlimited runes ruin servers. While trying to pk someone at times your only way of not being a stand still is waiting for them to run out of supplies. If that isn't able to happen it sometimes makes a dull pvp mode.

Inf ammo is good (bolts and arrows only) because it stresses the use of bows/crossbows and takes paladins back to their roots. Of course this is weaker than assassin stars, so for maximum power gaming and for the best pvp resultes, players will use the limited assassin stars. Also paladins still need potions so it isn't like this makes their hunts unlimited it just makes them a little more like knights (supply wise) and keep in mind that bolts/arrows are weaker than high level knight's weapons. Also it makes them a little less like knights in hunting style (they will have to keep distance to lengthen hunts as they will be fighting without a shield).

As far as unlimited runes/potions go, I believe they are a terrible idea. Not just because they have people hunting forever (this usually means 24/7 afk botters on your server), but because it destroys any kind of economy you might have.

Unlimited supplies = unlimited money so everything becomes worthless. For this reason, unlimited supplies have no place on any decent rpg server. For a fun or war server they aren't always a bad idea though.

Back