• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Introduction: Xau Online

What should the experience rate be?

• Total voters

Xau

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Xau and I'm new to the community here at OtLand. A buddy of mine recently told me about this site and said it was a good place to get support, advertise and get opinions on my upcoming server. Anyway - back on topic. I recently purchased a custom server from one of my friend's friends. In my opinion, this server is great - lots of working quests, great mapping and so on.

Apparently this used to be a custom server that went by the name of "Exysia". Not sure how popular it was or anything, but since I don't really like custom map servers as much, I'm going to transform the copy I bought into a teleport-based server. This will not just be a teleport to all spawns type server, but instead it will be the same full map that Exysia had, except will teleports to spawns and quests. It will of course be fully walkable if you would like to do that. Also, there will be some quests that aren't accessible via teleports that will encourage people to go looking for them. Anyway I've been doing some planning and I would like some of your ideas for some features. Here is what I have gotten down on paper so far:
  • Teleports to hunting places, including multiple teleports to popular "noob" spawns such as rotworms
  • Teleports to a few major quests, leaving other ones walkable only
  • New type of currency which is equal to 100 crystal coins, the name is unthought of yet but it'll probably be the golden nugget sprite
  • New token that will be exchangeable for special items. This token can be obtained via doing quests, getting hard achievements or winning events such as CTF, War of Emperium and more.
  • Custom bosses which yield good amount of experience points and offer custom sets as very rare drops
I'd also like to hear some suggestions on what you guys think of features that should be added. Also please vote in the poll on what the experience rate should be.

Thanks! :)

Pictures! Sorry about the quality, but I tried to get a full picture in and you can see the main idea :p

Temple
screenshot2010092819104.png

Depot
screenshot2010092819113.png

Teleport Room Entrance
screenshot2010092819114.png

Last edited:
I was a GM on exysia and i have to say the map was great ;p. Nice to hear that its being put to use I might play this server :D

I doubt you will get any players on this server.. Not to say the project is bad But... "who" would like it? Its a mix of tp map and rpg map.. I don't like rpg.. I wont play. then.. I don't like walking.. I wont play. Good luck on project tho ^^

I mean there will be a few NPC quests where you have to actually go to them (however; they will most likely be in spawns so still teleportable if you know where to go).

Sorry for the bad wording. xD

tp room looks... bad? dont like the mountain borders and it looks plane.

other than that gl :D

Well that's just an intro - TP room, it leads up to the other ones xD

Back