• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Its been a long time since TFS is out and...

Wesker

Reaction score
I was thinking why there isnt a server yet, with the sources external of the client, yes the client will be heavy if the sprites are outside the .spr but the advantages are billions, you wont need to search editors, to make your ot costum, you will be able to change everything in the client, users will be able to change the creatures, help with the art work, put their own costum creatures, with your permision, ofcourse people will knew the ids of the grounds items and so own, nothing really relevant or important to disscuss there, since elfbot already reads those tittles.

eternal lands -> might be the only free-sourced game left, the game lacks about almost everything but its 3d, or at leasts a very good attempt to be a 3d game, was develop by only 1 person and hes wise as the artist of the game, he had articles about economy and so own, but i belive its better if you guys check it

it will be really useful for all of us, to exclude once for all the .spr and .dat, just keep them as an xml with those features, to be edited light speed

walkable=
unwalkable=

and so on, you get my point.

Im just wondering after all this time, why it hasnt happend yet ?

I'm confused. Are you asking why there hasn't been a public release for TFS lately for new versions?

more like a source external from using .spr and .dat

seems that died with 8.5, no1 has release sprite editors, and well it seems a bit pointless, to keep developing a server that has no tools o.0
?

I don't think Talaturen has a SPR/DAT editor, I think they just have their own OTB editor.
You really don't need a SPR/DAT editor to update TFS to the latest client version.

I think he just wants to know why there isn't an easy way to edit the client. Like every person has their own client that they download that is just the same, but they can move anything anywhere they want. Like the map below the chat screen with a simple switch of code. If I understand correctly he wants an easier way to make the server his own. An easier way to add a new sprite instead of needing an spr editor.

I think he just wants to know why there isn't an easy way to edit the client. Like every person has their own client that they download that is just the same, but they can move anything anywhere they want. Like the map below the chat screen with a simple switch of code. If I understand correctly he wants an easier way to make the server his own. An easier way to add a new sprite instead of needing an spr editor.

exactly, i belive there should be an easier way to manage sprites, if you guys download eternal lands

www.Eternal-Lands.com - The Official Eternal Lands Website!

you can actually see all the images/sprites are outside in a folder, this could be easily added to TFS, i wonder why they didnt do it ?
every1 wants to make their own OT special and not been able to edit tittles / art / items when you want to, its pretty much stoping costum projects

He's asking why there isn't a fully customizable client. Basically asking the TFS developers to reverse engineer the Tibia client, kind of like NATC, but also change the Tibia.SPR and Tibia.DAT to .XML files so that they will be easier to edit.

To sum up his request: He wants TFS developers to put further work into features that will make life even easier for the beggers on the forum where they can make their OTs seem revolutionary, when really it's just changing some things in a .XML file. >.>

He's asking why there isn't a fully customizable client. Basically asking the TFS developers to reverse engineer the Tibia client, kind of like NATC, but also change the Tibia.SPR and Tibia.DAT to .XML files so that they will be easier to edit.

To sum up his request: He wants TFS developers to put further work into features that will make life even easier for the beggers on the forum where they can make their OTs seem revolutionary, when really it's just changing some things in a .XML file. >.>

not really a request, im just wondering why they didnt do the change, to open source sprite/dat and so on, instead of keeping the same files from tibia, when you develop a server based on a game, you dont really use their own files, i wonder if they just didnt like to put them outside the files or it just suits them better, and if they will ever get an outside tibia source, that can be develop and we can contribute to make it better, and so on.

lets face it its better to get a OWN platform for a game, than having something based on tibia, that eventually if all this stupid laws come, it will die, rather than a project based on "a free-sourced platform" ofcourse theres alot of free platforms and payed like torque, but making game sin torque arent that fun......

i belive it is time to transfor TFS to a own platform software, you can even make some bucks out of it, and alot of scripters will be glad to join forces and keep developing stuff (im 1 of those thats really interested in a platform outside tibia)

i understand that it is easier to base it on tibia, but theres alot of request of people that need another stuff, for example :

http://otland.net/f485/distribution-makeover-c-lua-programmer-needed-147514/

a distribution makeover could be so easy, you could just edit xmls if we had the platform, costum clients will be so easy to edit to change ips, to change worlds and have a real game, and not just a copy of it, ots are a form of making money, but eventually we all want a game of our own, having a project like this will help all the users, to do their own thing.

i belive its about time to have a free of the client platform, is this easy ? probably not, but again whats the point on continue updating TFS if you cant really add anything really new, just add some data to it to look like a new version of tibia, to me it dosnt feel such a good idea

The reason I believe they haven't done it yet is because even if they make their own platform they'll need the same tools we use now to do it every time tibia has a new update. If we keep the files the same that takes about 99% less work then having to extract every sprite that they use.

There's really no point in creating a system like that - you speak as if OTServ developers constructed the Tibia client? It's much harder to change something when you don't have the sources. The only reason there were a few attempts at creating a 100% custom client was so OpenTibia wouldn't be using anything belonging to Cipsoft, making OT servers completely legal. Editing Tibia's sprite and data files is already incredibley easy. Plus, what does this have to do with TFS? Why do you expect the TFS developers to put time into something like this?

i know that, i also know theres a update to the .xml file to read it, yet theres still things missing in the program.
like doing an outfit <<< i didnt manage to build it, bottons seems to not be working
but yeah i can add sprites, cant really do anything besides add them, or at least i didnt try enought

the platform "server" its diferent from the client, im not asking to re-construct the client, just to maybe be able to this :

TFS :
actions
creature scripts
global events
items
lib
logs
monster
movements
npc
raids
spells
talkactions
weaponds
wold
xml

and we add :

sprites that contains :
ground
outfit
creatures
etc

now this sprite folder, has to be added to the tibia program, so every1 can see our own sprites, so instead of .spr .dat you got a folder sprites, now if you got the idea this isnt a " wow how stupid it is request " its a simple idea that the developers, can do, and the updates of the server can be more than just coping the tibia update, they could do way more, this ot its restricted to whatever tibia does, just my point of view

not to mention i didnt found yet a otb editor...

i know that, i also know theres a update to the .xml file to read it, yet theres still things missing in the program.
like doing an outfit <<< i didnt manage to build it, bottons seems to not be working
but yeah i can add sprites, cant really do anything besides add them, or at least i didnt try enought

the platform "server" its diferent from the client, im not asking to re-construct the client, just to maybe be able to this :

TFS :
actions
creature scripts
global events
items
lib
logs
monster
movements
npc
raids
spells
talkactions
weaponds
wold
xml

and we add :

sprites that contains :
ground
outfit
creatures
etc

now this sprite folder, has to be added to the tibia program, so every1 can see our own sprites, so instead of .spr .dat you got a folder sprites, now if you got the idea this isnt a " wow how stupid it is request " its a simple idea that the developers, can do, and the updates of the server can be more than just coping the tibia update, they could do way more, this ot its restricted to whatever tibia does, just my point of view

not to mention i didnt found yet a otb editor...

The SPR and DAT files are used to condense everything into a file that can be loaded quickly and efficiently, have you ever opened up the extracted SPR folder and tried to scroll from top to bottom really fast? Notice that the pictures don't load right away? That's why. Although it might make it easier to modify the client and add sprites, it would completely take away the portability factor that makes tibia so great.

The SPR and DAT files are used to condense everything into a file that can be loaded quickly and efficiently, have you ever opened up the extracted SPR folder and tried to scroll from top to bottom really fast? Notice that the pictures don't load right away? That's why. Although it might make it easier to modify the client and add sprites, it would completely take away the portability factor that makes tibia so great.

thats not entirely truth, it can be converted to bits, the .spr its just a compile for of every single image, the client can load bouth ways, the same speed it would with the .spr, those files are made so that you cant edit the images, real hight programs do have their own image folders like world of warcraft, league of legends and so on

Last edited:
there were a few attempts at creating a 100% custom client
Why do you expect the TFS developers to put time into something like this?

afaik TFC will be released in about 2 months.

Red

Back