• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

linux unbuntu 0.64 how to put otserver on...have to compile or u can get it compiled

bagocobra

Reaction score
hi people,i changed my server host to linux and idk how to put it online, look i see in some servers that when u download it become with a folder called sources +www, this i think u use in linux, and i wand to know if have some way to put the server online in linux without have to compile(just with the things u downloaded)like the sources and the www,if have please tell me where i can do this or what folder i need to do this (because i`m with some folders from aa server that i downloaded that idk what they are for) so please help me,
if i post on the wrong place(is what i think) please change to the correct , and i`m sorry for this (if is the worng place...), thanks!.

You always need to compile in linux.
Website directory is /var/www/ (and possibly *html)

TFS 0.3+
Enter directory where the source code is
type these commands to compile:
./autogen.sh
./configure --enable-mysql
make -j 2

TFS 0.2+
Just write make in source directory.

The output after compiling is finished is either file "forgottenserver" or "theforgottenserver".

Last edited:
where i put this commands?./autogen.sh
./configure --enable-mysql
make -j 2
can u be mor specify?please i will give u the rep if u help me...

You've to download putty to make this commands

If you are using an Ubuntu computer, you can access terminal by clicking on Application -> Accessories -> Terminal
But if you are using Windows, you need putty.

ok i will download putty , can u say a fast tutorial to i put the server online with the site, and if you can i`m with a problem to open my global map 9.60 in my rme, it works on 9.60 but when i open the map i ask for a 8.60 spr/dat and then i put the folder and it start loading and it takes around 15 minutes to get 30% and it start go more and more slow, but i will give the rep now because u are helping me , but try to awnser this 2 requests too please, thanks...

i asked to change for linux ubuntu 0.64 , i was using windows, because i don`t have idea how to use linux , but now i think that linux is better , you will help me more talking with me private so we can talk fast, please add my msn , thanks...

Last edited:
Back