• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Love you Otland.

• Thread starter Deleted member 49793
  • Start date
I see where you come from @Sir Knighter, i was like you couple years ago. I had several projects here and there, some of them got completed but never launched, some got launched and some never got completed.

When i started consider OT as a "business", was the day donations came into the picture and also you had to buy a dedicate server/vps while in the old days you hosted at home. I was not big fan of the change, but you had to go with the flow.

So when i started my first "donation" server, which was a pokemon server. I had very very limited knowlegde about coding and to keep the server mantained, i had to do something. That was the day i stumble across freelancers, in this case otlanders. I bought their time, to fix bugs, create new systems, mapping and etc...

All the money i earned went into the project, the day i shutdown the project. For several reasons, i refunded the last 30 days of payments. Which i felt it was the right thing to do. So i went out with -100euro+.

After that project, i was willing to learn more about coding. So i started to make some small codes and got feedback about how to improve, which i was grateful for. Then it happend, Shadowcores was launched and i was amazed how smooth the server run with alot of players. So i found out TFS 1.0 was released and the coding was really different from 0.3.

0.3/0.4 was abounded projects, otland website changed, developers left and etc... I saw drastically decrease of activity in otland.

So that's how ORTS got born. I wanted to show everyone, that you should not be afraid of changes. In this case to use TFS 1.0
After couple months of working in ORTS, behind close doors. Then announced that i will share the server with everyone. After several weeks, we moved the project to github aswell which i met alot of amazing developers whom helped and gave feedback while we worked on it. Many of the developers came from otland @Ninja, @Summ and etc... Then we had some from br forums, who were very talented.

Then, i got attacked, insulted and blamed for destroying the open tibia community. Due to download & run server [ORTS].

It was never intended move ORTS to github or even ruin the community. I had good intentions why i released it from the first day, it was to make people switch to latest and still mantained engine TFS 1.x. Also to increase the activity in otland and for my own sake to improve in coding.

I never made a nickle off anything, everything went back into the projects or they were free from the start such as ORTS. And i do not regret anything, since i gained something and that was knowlegde.

Sorry for my english.

Last edited:
Some claim that most of the ppl that "defend" Sir Knighter are being paid by him, well
I dont get paid by him, and I fully support what he's doing.
:p
No one said you are not allowed to make money of the time you put into OTS,
why do you even care? are you flaming and fighting against
every "unappropriate" action of someone on a daily basis..?
As many already stated, if you dont like what he's doing, just go do something else.
I can obviously see that he's giving most of his time for managing and improving Archlight.

Once again Knighter,
+1
Keep going!
:)

Last edited:
Noone is hating on the work he actually does, we're all hating on the over-the-top obvious moneygrabbing donation systems pretty much everything he puts up has.

But it's his decision, no?
I noticed that he got "hate" followers and it's kinda sad,
Why not go to share the hate with all the big companies games instead?
Knighter chose a direction, so what?
Who cares.. and the more important issue is, why care about that when
you got much bigger issues than a private server?
It feels like he's being pushed to change his work or manage his work diffrently cause some
think that doing something like a business moudle is wrong.

but I wont be responding to people anymore on it, it's too draining and pointless.
@Sir Knighter
Amounted to alot ^_^ Not unfortunate.
Continue to post pictures of ur abs on tibia forums brah, sorry you gave up on ur project
You just said you'd stop responding to people whom flame, stop being so hot headed and ignore people like him and me. not everything has to become a civil war among Tibia devs.
The amount of hate between us is ridiculous, this should be a place where OT workers work together share insight, ideas. Not shoot each-other in the knee over every little disagreement, yeah constructive criticism is good but mostly it's become a shit-show where everyone throws as much dirt as possible myself included. I am disappointed with how childish we have become, we've all been on here since we were damn kids and just now acting like the kids we used to be.

Last edited:
I haven't made a nickle off of @Sir Knighter, but i am quite sure he has made more than a nickle off me, as have all of you.. because I am such an amazing coder who brings fresh ideas to the table (whether true or not).. now that I am done breaking my arm patting myself on the back hehe

@Blinkz since you don't have time to develop maybe you should (and this is sincere) start your own thread and rate ot's you have played, giving both the pro's and the con's things you liked about the game and things you didn't and what they could have done better..

Build yourself a reputation as an authority on ot's since you play so many of them, even if you never developed one yourself.

Simple examples of people who stand out.

We all know if we need a 0.4 - 0.3 script written we can go to @Xikini's thread, or if we need a 1.x written we can go to @RazorBlade's thread, some of the top scripters / mappers / programmers / graphic artists etc.. have their own threads and have become the go to person for specific tasks.

Hell even I have been taken to the side by some of these people and asked to help where they just kept banging their head against the wall.

Back in the day @Printer got a lot of shit for his work and now he is like the lua god.. well he is my lua god :p

Turn your negative rep into a positive..

Off Topic
Btw has anyone seen the new deadpool?
woohoo I got mentioned

@Tarek1337 @Codex NG I just went to see the movie in the bios. Pretty fun movie :p
dedpewl_and_teh_amasin_spoderman_pt_2_by_adriantheninja-d8j7nce.png

BTW, how did you see the movie in bios? I can only change my clockspeed there. plz help

bumb

Here's where my criticism comes from:

It all stems from the fact that you lie about your intentions, especially when it came to donations.

When I first started playing your server, I told all my friends about it. Everyone was hyped for it because we hadn't seen a well-developed (or at least from what we could tell from the screenshots) custom server in a long time. So the server finally releases and we're enjoying it but realize that a ton of the custom stuff really isn't "custom" enough for us. Spells are very bland, classes are bland, weapons are bland, monsters are bland. And that's fine right? Yes, totally fine. We still ended up leveling and leading the server because shit can get improved with player feedback and what not.

Then we realized how broken your donations were. Nothing competed with them, and from what I can tell, nothing still does. This is like Unline level of broken donations, just at a cheaper price point (for those who haven't played or heard of Unline, it was an earlier massively custom OT that had 30$ donations for 1 single piece). We gave feedback and feedback, but nothing was changed. Your "fix" at the time was giving out a weapon that was supposed to be on par with donation items, but would literally be impossible without getting carried by donators. This included the Ramparts.

So I start bitching because I don't see any attempts of changes. I get called a hater even though my criticisms were shared by all my friends (the majority of end game players at the time), all because I became annoyed and stopped coating it with sugar. As the impatience increases, we get angry and start abusing anything we can find. Then there's corruption between the staff and players, so we jump ship.

You finally, FINALLY, have a chance to undo all your fuck ups that the community at the time bitched at you about with the re-release of Archlight. My whole team gets hyped again and thinks about playing, but we're cautious because of false promises. And guess what happens?

Absolutely fucking nothing. Nothing changed. You added new content (which is quite good, so kudos to the devs), but you neglected everything that would go against your wallet. New content increases the potential of you earning money, so you care about it. But altering your donations to make it more balanced for those who don't have the means to donate? Fuck them. They don't contribute to anything but the online count right?

And hey, I'm not trying to say it's wrong making money off of your work. It's not. You can make money all you want. But be upfront about it. Don't beat around the fucking bushes by saying shit that is obviously twisted to lure unsuspecting players.

Telling someone they have the same opportunities to be as strong as a donator by locking the content behind days, if not months of grinding let alone gear checks, is fucking disgusting. Are you wrong? No. But you're intentionally being a dick.

As for calling you out because you probably don't do anything meaningful in regards to server development, that was mainly me being an asshole from the untold amounts of frustration regarding "fixes."

Back