• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient Luajit bytecode - incompatible bytecode

Source

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
GitHub
source61
I got this error recently that I don't think was there in ca. June of 2022:
[23/12/2022 14:49:06.779]: LUA ERROR: /corelib/math.lua: cannot load incompatible bytecode.

I'm guessing the Luajit version I'm using is too recent, even though it still says at least for Lua version 5.1?

Is it possible to update OTClient instead so I don't have to manually build old versions of luajit eventually / anyone willing to test if this is an issue with latest OTClient (I didn't find any commit for it when searching for it) as well or anyone knows anyone with this same issue that could come here and confirm with a recent version of OTClient?

Last edited by a moderator:
Created an issue here Cannot load incompatible bytecode (compiling bytecode with luajit) · Issue #1205 · edubart/otclient (https://github.com/edubart/otclient/issues/1205) and here Cannot load incompatible bytecode (compiling bytecode with luajit) · Issue #61 · otland/otclient (https://github.com/otland/otclient/issues/61).

Not sure what the issue is except for a likely version mismatch somehow?

I've tried upgrading to the most recent LuaJIT vcpkg libraries and the LuaJIT bin is already the newest version, which makes me wonder if the issue isn't on my side after all, but a new issue in OTClient since around April of last year?

@Source Have you managed to compile it? If so, what did you do to solve it? Having the same problem. Also tried to change luajit versions, same thing happens all time with the math.lua incompatible bytecode. I tried with OTCv8 by the way.
Thanks!

@Source Have you managed to compile it? If so, what did you do to solve it? Having the same problem. Also tried to change luajit versions, same thing happens all time with the math.lua incompatible bytecode. I tried with OTCv8 by the way.
Thanks!
You have to use a particular luajit version from the luajit's github tags. I use v2.1.0.beta3.

Back