• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Moving OT

Untitleed

Reaction score
Hello, I plan to work on a new OTS project I would like to do it on the windows, if I finished I would like to buy a host on Linux and here my question is whether transferring OTS from windows to linux is some very difficult? thanks for the answers.

If you have no knowledge of linux it may be a lil bit hard at the beginning.
Use a stable server distro known to work pretty well on both Windows and Linux, like TFS 1.2, and there should be no difference.
For your website, you should check out which PHP version you're using on both since it may differ.

Make sure you write the correct filenames in .xml files and so on.
Since Linux is case-Sensetive.

If you name a file move.lua and then you name it Move.lua in the .xml file, it will fail to load since it does not exist. (Just an example)
Other than that it will not be that hard to move to Linux as hosting enviorment, just remember you need sources to compile the engine on your Linux machine.

Back