• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Necronia - Discussion

Little update, seems like it was not a crash, but the host computer got shut down. It could be some sort of a maintenance from the provider's side, we're investigating right now.

tNUJlGF.png

o_O since when providers shut down without saying anything lol?

Apparently they restarted it for some reason. We kept trying to connect and it succeeded one min ago,
Tarjei is booting things up again. We'll put the debugger server on, just in case a crash happens.
Then again, such things are always to expect, that's why I wrote this profound disclaimer on our website regarding the host, crashes, bugs, etc.

The more we can track and fix while there are a lot of players online, the better.

Apparently they restarted it for some reason. We kept trying to connect and it succeeded one min ago,
Tarjei is booting things up again. We'll put the debugger server on, just in case a crash happens.
Then again, such things are always to expect, that's why I wrote this profound disclaimer on our website regarding the host, crashes, bugs, etc.

The more we can track and fix while there are a lot of players online, the better.

Nice lets hope you will find out what the crashes causes

Yeah. If any crash happens, the debugger will let us know where to start searching.
The last time we put the beta online, first 3 hours were chaotic, but in the next several hours, we managed to heavily stabilize the server. I believe the same thing will happen now.

Here is some interesting stuff to kill your time with while we put the server back up (if you want to get to know Necronia better):

* Necronia Information Library in Forum posts
Class Reveals, some cool custom features, systems explained.

http://necronia.com/worldmap.php

j7VdMWPQ8.jpg

RFGLQllbh.jpg

KdmZOTQ0.jpg

iUB3EEG_5.jpg

Man, chill out we want it good not fast.

Last edited:
All this time I thought I'd like Necronia, but the beginning made me quit, sorry.
It's just confusing... The text and everything explains well, but, even for experienced tibia and open-tibia players some things can be hard to understand...
I'm speaking of the GUI and the mapping. They are awful...

My advice is, just remove the useless pixels. Make everything clear and it could work...

All this time I thought I'd like Necronia, but the beginning made me quit, sorry.
It's just confusing... The text and everything explains well, but, even for experienced tibia and open-tibia players some things can be hard to understand...
I'm speaking of the GUI and the mapping. They are awful...

My advice is, just remove the useless pixels. Make everything clear and it could work...

The tutorial and some UI elements are yet to undergo changes, but in general, it's not that complicated if you are willing to learn it. If you give up on trying because you get intimidated by the first look, then there's not much to tell you here. And after all, you could've asked a question about anything on the Help channel and it would be cleared up. But thanks for checking it out.

And even though I wrote a huge post on our website about things that might go wrong, there are some people that refused to read any of that and went in straight ahead with various assumptions and left with doubt and disappointment. Everybody would like to eat the burger but no one like to see how the cow is slaughtered...

The tutorial and some UI elements are yet to undergo changes, but in general, it's not that complicated if you are willing to learn it. If you give up on trying because you get intimidated by the first look, then there's not much to tell you here. And after all, you could've asked a question about anything on the Help channel and it would be cleared up. But thanks for checking it out.

And even though I wrote a huge post on our website about things that might go wrong, there are some people that refused to read any of that and went in straight ahead with various assumptions and left with doubt and disappointment. Everybody would like to eat the burger but no one like to see how the cow is slaughtered...

I'm sure you're right. I wrote on Help and you answered that's not a problem.
I've tried to learn it and so I did. Don't think I gave up in the first minutes.
The fact that it's hard to understand it makes it annoying somehow... I mean if it was clearer I would have enjoyed it a lot more.

Just try to make a clear map, clear GUI and I'll come back (I'm sure more people want these two clearer).

Thanks.

I'm sure you're right. I wrote on Help and you answered that's not a problem.
I've tried to learn it and so I did. Don't think I gave up in the first minutes.
The fact that it's hard to understand it makes it annoying somehow... I mean if it was clearer I would have enjoyed it a lot more.

Just try to make a clear map, clear GUI and I'll come back (I'm sure more people want these two clearer).

Thanks.

Im sure you are the only one with this learn resistance :p

Whats going on? server is on since pair of hours and crashed already so often :(
The issue is related to the event. We said to expect crashes and bugs to happen, as they always manage to squeeze into the server.

Back