• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New Map Editor

When I mapped houses I had to mark all walls as house tiles so the hangables that players put on them wouldn't dissappear after restart. For me it would just make it all clearer.
Good point, going to implement it as soon as I'm done with the house manager.

I would like a spawn manager, something like manage all spawns on the same spawn point to have the same spawn interval.

Ahahahahahaha i knew before all of you (because i'm fallens secret lover) and i could of spoilt his surprise >=} but no. Glad you have continued it :>

Ahahahahahaha i knew before all of you (because i'm fallens secret lover) and i could of spoilt his surprise >=} but no. Glad you have continued it :>
stop lie, me and fallen are married

I would prefer if you could leave the colors similar to RME, so everything is recognizable and we can jump straight into it without having to learn the color schemes again. It's not a big deal, but it would make things simpler for users.

Good work, though. I'm hoping to see this finished soon.

Apart from this, will you be taking requests for custom features once this is finished?

Yes, you can go ahead and post your requested feature on GitHub issues for later.

As a pretty long time mapper, I know alot of features I would like to see in this mapeditor. Although I want to know how this mapeditor is different from the others. What is it that will make me say "Hell yeah, this is much better"?

Also in RME I've noticed alot of people suffer from freezes when they open "others" pallette when using "large icons" instead of "listbox". Will this mapeditor have those kind of features, like changing preferences and stuff like that?

As a pretty long time mapper, I know alot of features I would like to see in this mapeditor. Although I want to know how this mapeditor is different from the others. What is it that will make me say "Hell yeah, this is much better"?

Also in RME I've noticed alot of people suffer from freezes when they open "others" pallette when using "large icons" instead of "listbox". Will this mapeditor have those kind of features, like changing preferences and stuff like that?

wow, it's large icons that causes that? i thought my comp jus started sucking .. =/

a feature you could add is the ability to cycle through recent brushes, it's gets annoying having to right click select a stone to add detail, then right click back to the wall/ground you were using

Neon: well, it is
a) active
b) open source
project, so if you need anything you can just do it. For example I'm thinking about revising floor system to use signed int as floor numbers, but it needs changes in server, client and map editor, and I'm unable to create new editor from scratch. Even if you are fine with cipbia limitations then possible performance improvements still should be interesting for you.

There is no big difference, but as far as I can tell:
1. No more 3GB of memory needed to open a real map.
2. A better look of the map (just the same as you would see it in the tibia client)
3. Good performance, a realmap won't take as long as it takes to load up on RME (See my main post).
4. Customizable as hell, since it's fully written in LUA except for some of it's core (but that's pretty far from what a normal user would want to edit for his needs).
- You can add new item list of your choice (like RAW in RME) using LUA.
- Position widgets as you wish (i.e move the item palette from the left panel to the right panel, etc.)

"large icons" as in size 64x64? I don't know if I'm going to support that but you may want to create an issue with that so I'd look at it in the near future and possibly implement it.
Currently listbox is one and only.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot, you can edit the item display size in modules/mapeditor_itempalette/itempalette.otui and change cellsize to be 64 64 instead of 32 32

a feature you could add is the ability to cycle through recent brushes, it's gets annoying having to right click select a stone to add detail, then right click back to the wall/ground you were using
Not sure if I understand the issue, consider posting it in the issues over github.

ATM, I can't say that that's true since I suck at designing and that's what is stopping me >_>.
Can hardly position widgets correctly.

Last edited:
Looks sick! Does it support custom items.xml, and sprites? :)

how can i compile it on windows?

I have a feeling he will use me for that hahahahah just like his snake game :p

Afaik it isn't ready for that right now so keep in touch with this thread to find out

I have a feeling he will use me for that hahahahah just like his snake game :p

Afaik it isn't ready for that right now so keep in touch with this thread to find out

I just wanna now, what compiler i need for that ;d

Back