• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

NPC Data Set

Jtk

Reaction score
So my data set doesn't even load the NPCs, almost as if it doesn't find them, is this just a problem that is an easy fix, if so how can i do it. Or do i need to get a completely new NPC folder, and if so where could i get one. I'm running 8.6 on TFS 1.2

Thanks in advance everyone!

Pictures of errors and in-game below.

Last edited:
Solution
If you delete the spawn file it will delete the npc's from the map.
How would i be able to get that back, and also get my NPCs to spawn?
You can't unless you use the old spawn file from where ever you got the map. But then you have the same problem you had when you started. If you downloaded a map from some where did it come with npc's?

Look this is how it works, npc's don't just load out of thin air, you must have the npc files and they must be in the npc directory along with any scripts associated with them which will go in the npc\scripts directory. Not all npc's require scripts, some load their data from the npc's xml file.

All the spawn file does is, is it tells the server that x named monster and or npc should spawn...
So my data set doesn't even load the NPCs, almost as if it doesn't find them, is this just a problem that is an easy fix, if so how can i do it. Or do i need to get a completely new NPC Data set, and if so where could i get one. I'm running 8.6 on TFS 1.2

Thanks in advance everyone!
What do you mean by "data set"?

Its possible that most people just say its an NPC Folder
People will need explicit information if they are going to help resolve an issue, such as errors (screen shot or copy & paste). This thread has had 27 views but no responses except for an inquiry about "npc data set". So please re-word your question and provide as much information as possible, such as where you got the npc's what data pack did they come from? Did you make any changes to the source etc etc..

People will need explicit information if they are going to help resolve an issue, such as errors (screen shot or copy & paste). This thread has had 27 views but no responses except for an inquiry about "npc data set". So please re-word your question and provide as much information as possible, such as where you got the npc's what data pack did they come from? Did you make any changes to the source etc etc..
So here are the errors i get and what it looks like in game

error 1.PNG error 2.PNG error 3.PNG

So you see, there are supposed to be NPCs here and they dont load at all. Again, im using tfs 1.2 to host 8.6

You should fix the house issues and monsters on the map 1st and then we can focus on why the npcs aren't loading :)

Well I'm completely knew to this shit so I have no idea how :D
Well if you don't have the npc's in the npc directory and or if the npc files are malformed (are not properly defined) then they will not load on the map, they may not even throw an error.. The reason I suggested clearing up the other issues is so that we could clearly see what the possible cause is as to why the npc's are not loading.

Well if you don't have the npc's in the npc directory and or if the npc files are malformed (are not properly defined) then they will not load on the map, they may not even throw an error.. The reason I suggested clearing up the other issues is so that we could clearly see what the possible cause is as to why the npc's are not loading.
I mean how would I fix the monsters problem.

I mean how would I fix the monsters problem.
1 of 3 ways
1. remove them from the map in the map editor
2. edit the spawn file and remove every instance of them.
3. delete the spawn file.

1 of 3 ways
1. remove them from the map in the map editor
2. edit the spawn file and remove every instance of them.
3. delete the spawn file.

I just went ahead and deleted the spawn file, How would i be able to get that back, and also get my NPCs to spawn?

How would i be able to get that back, and also get my NPCs to spawn?
You can't unless you use the old spawn file from where ever you got the map. But then you have the same problem you had when you started. If you downloaded a map from some where did it come with npc's?

Look this is how it works, npc's don't just load out of thin air, you must have the npc files and they must be in the npc directory along with any scripts associated with them which will go in the npc\scripts directory. Not all npc's require scripts, some load their data from the npc's xml file.

All the spawn file does is, is it tells the server that x named monster and or npc should spawn at x,y,z location.

Solution

All the spawn file does is, is it tells the server that x named monster and or npc should spawn at x,y,z location.
No I just downloaded the map alone heres the link: [8.6] full edit evolution

Just downloaded a new data set, everything works fine, not even 1 error. Thank you for trying to help me tho man.

Back