• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Only clients with protocol allowed

Aliii96

Reaction score
Hello Otlanders, I got a problem after compiling, so the compiling went great and I tried to start the .exe and it was succesfull, Server is on and everything. But... when I try to login I get : "Only clients with protocol allowed". You can see it doesnt say which protocol or which client and I have changed in definitions.h to 10.98 but it aint working. Ill show you the pics and I hope you understand the problem and can help me with this.

Pictures:
Image - TinyPic - gratis värdtjänst för bilder, foton och video

and

Image - TinyPic - gratis värdtjänst för bilder, foton och video

Thanks in advance!

Check if someone removed it from the message, you should have these; Search · only clients with protocol · GitHub
But since you are using OTX it's hard to say, remember to check config.lua if they moved it there or do a folder serach to see where it could be.
But might be better to seek support here; Build software better, together

That didn't really help me because I have already changed the min client version to 10.98 but cannot login with client 10.98. before I compiled I changed it to 10.98 in definitions.h and from what I have heard that is what I need to do to change the version isnt that right?

That didn't really help me because I have already changed the min client version to 10.98 but cannot login with client 10.98. before I compiled I changed it to 10.98 in definitions.h and from what I have heard that is what I need to do to change the version isnt that right?

And what I said is to look for other places where the variables could be loaded from, I have seen some OTX server where it's all taken from config.lua to make it easier to test / upgrade new clients (unless you need to do protocol changes).
Hard to say with OTX since there seems to be a billion versions and they are not always as similar to TFS as some ppl seem to think (thats the reason why we ask you to create an issue at the OTX github page).

And since we mainly support TFS it can be hard for us to give you support with an OTX server if we don't feel like checking the source code everytime we say something.

And what I said is to look for other places where the variables could be loaded from, I have seen some OTX server where it's all taken from config.lua to make it easier to test / upgrade new clients (unless you need to do protocol changes).
Hard to say with OTX since there seems to be a billion versions and they are not always as similar to TFS as some ppl seem to think (thats the reason why we ask you to create an issue at the OTX github page).

And since we mainly support TFS it can be hard for us to give you support with an OTX server if we don't feel like checking the source code everytime we say something.

Hmm alright imma try to do something. I dont really understand what you want me to do in the first sentence you wrote, but I can propably make a new thread on OTX github. Thanks anyway.

Hmm alright imma try to do something. I dont really understand what you want me to do in the first sentence you wrote, but I can propably make a new thread on OTX github. Thanks anyway.

You need to check where the server sends the client version on TFS and try to find that on OTX, if it's another "variable" compared to TFS then you need to check where that is taken from (do a file search).

Or wait till the OTX team responds.

Back