• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Open Tibia Cast - introduction

OTCast

OTCast.net
Reaction score
Open Tibia Cast System
Few years ago TibiaCast.com has been created. This program allow Tibia players to show transmission from their gameplay, allow viewers to comment and conversate with player. It has a great popularity.

We decided to introduce this system on OTS servers!
At the end of September will start the page like tibiacast.com but broadcasting transmissions not from Real Tibia, but from OTS's.

However, unlike in TibiaCast principle of operation will be different. Here player don't install appropriate software but the OTS server.
Everyone who would like to have this system must add to his server about 150-200 lines which will allow communication with our transmitting server.
Installation is very easy and it take about few minutes.
When server have our code which allow transmission and it will be added on our page players will be able to launch their own broadcasts.
Our server will be downloading list of broadcasting players in every few seconds, when it see new player it will create new connection.
After establishing the connection clean, untreated packets are sent to our server which treats the packet and send it to viewers of the cast.
From packets are deleted: privat conversations, pop-ups, VIP list and others, to maintain privacy of player.

Technology used to send details is easy and fully stable. All work is done by our special server.
This server is using fixed delay of at 500 ms to keep the smoother playability.

The advantages are as follows:
- Free advertising - all casts will be showed on our page, every cast have an server IP from which it is.
- Free Cast System - currently for good and expanded system you have to pay hundred euros or more.
- Stability - every most important functions are performed on our special server, if any crash will happen only spectators will feel it.
- Low load - load which cast system is charging is comparable to player AFK sitting on Trains, it is much more efficient from traditional cast.
- High technology - we want to create system more advanced than original TibiaCast, practically we are not limited.
- Additions to the site - every OTS will be able to post list of casts on their page, we will prepare special additions.
- Support multiple protocols - currently system supports only Tibia 8.60, adding new versions take about few hours (you have to see what has changed in the packages)
- Protected privacy - private informations like conversations or VIP list are not avaiable for viewers.

What's the catch?
For sure many of you will think where is the catch? The maintenance of such a system is not cheap and it costs about 70euro per month (HosTeam take a lot for security).
In future we are planning to allow possibility of advertising as a simple banner or promoting casts from his server (baclight).
These services will not interfere in using, but they will make that costs and time spent on this system return, at least after some time.

At this time are done:
- Working cast, possibility to connect spectators, no debugs (debugs were the hardest part of work, but we did it).
- Fully working chat
- A lot of commands:
21:31 /desc - set cast description
21:31 /help - show this message
21:31 /show - show count of spectators
21:31 /password - set password for stream
21:31 /ban - ban spectator ip
21:31 /unban - unban banned spectator
21:31 /bans - show bans list
21:31 /mute - mute spectator
21:31 /unmute - unmute spectator
21:31 /mutes - show active mutes
21:31 /kick - kick spectator from cast
21:31 /time - print how long is cast enabled
21:31 /muteall - mute all spectators (enable global mute)
21:31 /unmuteall - unmute all spectators (disable global mute)
21:31 /promote - promote spectator to moderator
21:31 /demote - demote spectator from moderator to normal spectator

Soon will appear:
- Site with casts and registration (otcast.net)
- Guides about system installation
- Additions for your page
- Possiblity to record cams

1.png

I will add few screens soon.

Till the half of September system beats functionality of every other system, created till now.
Full version will appear in second half of September but before that happen we will invite few people for alfa and beta tests.

We are open to suggestions and opinions. We'll be happy to know what you would like to see in this system, (almost) everything is possible to do!

More informations in english and beta tests (for everyone) in about a week.

Last edited:
Hi.

If sameone want he can compare orginal version of tfs trunk 3884 with us trunk (with this cast system).
http://code.google.com/p/otcast-tfs/source/browse/#svn/trunk
But dont install it. It's only beta version. Final version will be avaiable in one week.

First server with us cast system will be premiera.mine.nu server (start in 2 days), you will be able to check us beta cast system here.

Test server is avaiable on:
ip: otcast.net
port: 7171

You can log in without account name and password.

Test server will be online tomorrow at 20:00 utc time for 2 hours.

Last edited:
Hi again.

We added new commands and cooperation with mysql. Now mutes and bans, server informations and others are saved in mysql database.

Two screenshots:
2.png

3.png

Cast (test) server will be open for everyone today at 20:00 utc time.

Maybe someone have any ideas for new commands?

I hope it's pulled off correctly. I'll test it with a server I'll be playing when this and the server are both released.

Test server has been enabled.

Ip: otcast.net
Port: 7171

Test server will be active for next 2 hours, after that we will test server on premiera.mine.nu (over 500 active players) :)

If someone wants there is also teamviewer meeting enabled: m78-693-231

Last edited:
Hello.

We added cast system to first server - feba.mine.nu
You can watch casts on:

Today or tomorrow we will add this system for bigger server - premiera.mine.nu

We also added:
- Auto mute (block spam by spectators)
- Spectators can private talk with other spectator

And we fixed few debugs and small bugs.

Post your ideas here :)

If you want join to tests send me private msg.

It will work with all versions of servers but you need source of it!

System is working now without crashes on premiera.mine.nu , if you want watch casts log in on otcast.net port 7171.

More informations soon.

Tried to use it and it just say 'Unsupported version' (tried with all version I have.. 7.92 to 9.60)

Hello!

After two weeks of tests we fixed all debugs and crashes. Final version for 8.6 will be available in this week :)

You can check otcast.net system on servers:
revana.pl
premiera.mine.nu

You can watch cast on:

http://revana.pl/index.php?subtopic=cast

Last edited:
Back