• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Open Tibia is going down?

SirTitan

Reaction score
Hello dear otLand community,

I have been hosting otservers since 7.5 in the past. Retired 3 years ago.
In the past i have made Servers : Titanium World(Original), Exodus and Unreallegend.
Had many Players, and greate fun.
Now si nce i have been messaged over Facebook many times in the past yeasrs, i gonna make an new server again, with many amazing things.
So i have looked again on the whole ot stuff.
On otservlist there are only over 600 servers online... 3 years ago it was over 2000...
What happend?
Is the community going down or is tibia in whole become uninteresting?
Thanks in davice!

Well tibia it self is going down, but maybe with your comback there's still hope for the OpenTibia community, you bebetter check out Open Tibia Client something like YATC but this one is i belive fully developed.

Tibia is going to make a comeback due to the intense introduction of bot checks again. They seem to be really coming down on it now and when tibia's community becomes boosted again (once they have a larger manual playerbase + start advertising again) the opentibia community will see a large increase shortly after.

Since 1. Botters will seek somewhere else to play (yes we don't really want them, but they are still players + alot play manual also.)
2. Increased players on tibia = more players/developers that will seek OTS as a "custom version"

So maybe in the next 6 months we will see a fairly large boost.

Although people state this community is dying - recently there have been more members logged in here then ever before..

So my advice, develop you server. At the end of development and release a good playerbase will be there :)

good luck

@up
you don't need to be up-to-date with tibia cip, that's the whole of Open Tibia, that you can customize as you please based on a game.
if you want to be up-to-date with Tibia Cip simply go to tibia.com and create an account and play there ;c

pd: im not trying to be rude so don't get mad

Tibia's just not as fun as it used to be.. Alot of people went on to better games ._. I miss the old days when 7.6 was the Big thing and everyone played the Illusions Neverland Edit.. It was great.. People actually knew what OT stood for.. Now all anyone wants to do is make RL maps and RL servers.. No, It's bull, OT is for personality.. People leave tibia for OPEN TIBIA for the players ideas.. Not another Gay RL map with more Exp.. STEP IT UP PEOPLE.. Let the RL map die and bring out some actual personality.

@up
you don't need to be up-to-date with tibia cip, that's the whole of Open Tibia, that you can customize as you please based on a game.
if you want to be up-to-date with Tibia Cip simply go to tibia.com and create an account and play there ;c

pd: im not trying to be rude so don't get mad
I do, for few months cant even test my custom made map, because its 9.81(due to nice graphics) and dont have access to private repo.

OT is going down, but we're in hmn "next gen of ots servers". I hope that Otclient and new editor map will change a lot in current servers.

I'll never stop playing tibia c:
it will never die in my heart.

I do, for few months cant even test my custom made map, because its 9.81(due to nice graphics) and dont have access to private repo.
yeh i see your point now, you can always import the spr ;P

OT is going down, but we're in hmn "next gen of ots servers". I hope that Otclient and new editor map will change a lot in current servers.
tools wont make the community change their point of view, those like you and i who are interested on OTs(Customs) are few and make it work is hard while you have other priorities

Well. Everything is going to die sooner or later. Tibia wont be one of them. Maybe the real tibia but OT's will never die.

Tibia ot's are still going strong. Last I checked there were 25,000 players online over 600 servers. While theres less servers thats still a good amount of players for the time I checked.

Edit -
There are 27204 players online on 815 servers
Last Update: March 5, 2013, 8:54 pm

Haha never realized on till now that OT got more players online then RL-Tibia like 1-2k so not that much but anyways :)

Thanks for the replies!
Its good to see that the community is still verry active.
but its true that we need to find a way to maintain popularity of the otservers!
if i could, i would help cip out, but i cant...

Yesterday i tried to log in on tibia my old character SirTitanII (who was once one of the highest palas on lunara, when lunara was new server)
sure the account was deleted. But whatever, i just wanted to see hows the rl tibia is going, so i asked my gf to join me... wanted her opinion about tibia, cuz she never played it...
Sure she said in first 5 min... this game is ugly and why cant u run normally around the trees...
But i was not worried, many years ago, i had same problem with the game...

Someone invited me to play on antica. it was one of 2 servers aviable...
I played 5 min, and left.... 1 year later i had recived a letter "we miss you..."
So i was borred, started to play on amera, and somehow i became addicted...
I was a noob, in rookgard someone insulted me and i had said "when we are on main... i have a char with an dragon sword(not existed)... i willl kill you... stupid bluffs...
a while later i had lvl 25 pally with sword skill 50~ cuz i dident knew that pally is an archer... but when somke lvl 15 killed me... i started to play on lunara, now not like a noob...
Spend some years here...
It was strange and difficult beginning... but it was a real fun!

Now:
We started just as test.... i was in rage... cuz of the stupid tutorial quest on the beginning... "u want to kill the stupid bugs, yes?" yes... "go down to cellar, yes?" wtf... yes...., yes, yes, yes.... talk again to npc to move forward..yes? wtf... got teleported back... "Stargate?"...her u hav a sparky fish, dont worry eat it up, u wont die... even if its from chernobyl...

The beginning is damn stupid, and takes a lot of time... how the hell can i not forcelly invite friends to play that game? And how can players start playing by theirselfs that game?

But dear ot comunnity, you all know that if tibia is going down, we will have a hard time here too... so its sad, that there is no way to coop with CipSoft.
Im gratefull that Cip is colosing their eyes about many things that are going here(using their sprites... website rips), i know that cip took many ideas from open servers. But it would be good iw we could work in some point together.
Coz there are many good online games out there...

From now on i will try to help here with anything i can.
But it will take some days for me to find back into OT things that i knew in the past...

TBH; I believe Ot's are going down the drain, for a few reasons.
People can bot RL on tibia hard, than sell the KK for RL cash. So RL cash>Tibia.

2. Bearly anyone wants to play truley custom Ot's, which are the best because most players know everything on RL maps and don't wanna have to learn it all over again.

People are lazy.

TBH; I believe Ot's are going down the drain, for a few reasons.
People can bot RL on tibia hard, than sell the KK for RL cash. So RL cash>Tibia.

2. Bearly anyone wants to play truley custom Ot's, which are the best because most players know everything on RL maps and don't wanna have to learn it all over again.

People are lazy.

Yes but i feel trust is an issue too, i dont want to invest hours of my life into a server only to see it go down because they couldn't afford hosting. Or they gave up!

Back