• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient and forgottenserver present status and future

JediMaster

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm working in IT and I always thinking about moding games...
Now I came here and discovers OTClient. I have few questions about project status

1. Is OTLand still maintained? I see a lot o pull request on github but no recent commits.
2. As I understand OTClient can connect to official Tibia servers or forgotten server - How the Tibia protocol is known?
3. Is forgotten server project is maintained? In which version is stable? Which version of OtClient I should use with forgotten server 1.2 ?
4. How much I can change in game without changing the c++ code of projects ?

This is my first post here so I apologize if the questions seem stupid.

Hi All,

I'm working in IT and I always thinking about moding games...
Now I came here and discovers OTClient. I have few questions about project status

1. Is OTLand still maintained? I see a lot o pull request on github but no recent commits.
2. As I understand OTClient can connect to official Tibia servers or forgotten server - How the Tibia protocol is known?
3. Is forgotten server project is maintained? In which version is stable? Which version of OtClient I should use with forgotten server 1.2 ?

This is my first post here so I apologize if the questions seem stupid.

1. Yes. People send a lot of pull requests, but the TFS members usually review all of them at the end of each year.
2. I think they got original files, like the flash Tibia client that has all the original Tibia protocol visible, to make this client and also others.
3. TFS usually has some people working on it, but the OTClient has almost no one. The stable version of TFS is 1.2. There is no stable version for OTClient as TFS.
4. If you are looking for a custom project, you can't do too much. But if you want just another OTServer, Lua edits should be enough.

1. OTLand is this forum. You mean OTClient? Well, kind of. It's not completely dead but progressing veeery slowly right now. It's a huge project with not many mantainers and complicated code.
2. Classic Tibia protocol? Reverse engineering. We're at it since mid 2000s. In case you mean Tibia 11, fuck if I know.
3. Yes, ForgottenServer is being mantained. 1.2 is stable, master is 1.3, which I think in practice it's just as stable as 1.2 (correct me if I'm wrong though). You should use the whatever the latest commit of OTClient is with it, I guess.
4. Depends. You can do anything that conforms with Tibia's game mechanics. When you look at the source you will see that ForgottenServer tries to emulate Tibia's gameplay and not provide a framework upon which you can build a MMORPG. At the same time there's a metric fuckton of Lua bindings. So, some times you can do very complicated things with scripts alone and some times you need to edit the source in order to change something very simple.

Back