• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTLand Cloud is finally here! Upload your files! High Speed! No file expiry! No more dead links!

Damon

Check my status to contact me :)
Solutions
Reaction score
OTLand Cloud is finally here!
Link:
http://***************

Announcement: OtlandCloud is now being managed by @Cornex

cVxb7cf.gif

What is the OTLand Cloud?

OTland Cloud is a non profit project initiated by @Damon to store all OTS related content (such as datapacks, distros...) in one place: The OTLand Cloud.

Are you allowed to use the name "OTLand"?
Yes, I have @Mark approval. Note however, that neither @Mark nor any other member of the OTLand forum staff is in any way associated with this project except for @Cornex < 3

What can I do at OTLand Cloud?
You can upload Open Tibia related files as you would on any other file hosting site (speedyshare...) except that in this case the download links won't expire/break which has always been an annoying side effect. Imagine yourself finding some thread from 2011 and the datapacks download URL has already expired and you can't find anyone to re-upload it. This won't happen with OTLand Cloud.

Another thing you can do at OTLand Cloud is log into your account and browse the directories (which are keept very similar to the OTLand download section in order to allow easy navigation). This feature will allow you to easily find what you are looking for to evolve your project.

How can I contribute to the project?
The most simple way would be to spread word and use&share OTLand Cloud download links.
The project however lives from people who are uploading content. Thus it is very appreciated if you could share your files with us at OTLand Cloud or keeping this in mind for when you do your first release thread at OTLand.

How do I upload files?

First you will need to register at OTLand Cloud.
Once your account has been activated (e-mail) you can navigate to the respective folder in our directories which you see most fit for your contribution and upload your files there.

How do I share a download link?
Navigate to the file in OTLand Cloud's directory, select it and share it as a link. Done!
Another way would be to tell others where to find it in the directory so they can download it via navigating there.

Can people who are not registered at the OTLand Cloud use the download links?
Yes.

Is there a limit of how much disk space my account has?
No, there is no limitation.

What are the current allowed file extensions?
The currently allowed extensions are: rar,zip,lua,html,php,otbm,txt,xml,sql,jpg,png, air

You can upload images as "preview" images to datapacks/distros/maps to allow the people to have a look at them before downloading the file.

Are the files 100% safe?
There is no such thing as a 100% secure system. Although I am taking various precautions to avoid abuse, I recommend scanning each download link with AntiMalware Tools such as VirusTotal.

I have found a malicious download link.
Please contact me and I will remove it asap.

My work has been uploaded without permission!
While OTLand Cloud is encouraging people to share their resources for the greater good we are also looking to protect individual property. If your hard work has been released without your permission please contact me for removal.

Any AWESOME Features?
Various different languages to choose from, download multiple files as .zip, no dead links, no ads, no intentionally slowed download speed, no download waiting time, no paid content, totally free! Do I need to say anymore?!

I love this project and would like to donate!
While the project itself is 100% non profit, you can donate money in order to help cover the hosting fees. Right now I am running the project only with my own funds so any financial support is always highly appreciated.

You can donate to this project via https://www.paypal.me/otlandcloud
All donations will be used to cover the hosting fees.

UPDATE!
So I have added the subdomain http://codidad.*************** :)
This is another way of contributing to the community working together and helping each other out :p

What is Codidad?
Codidad is a Web IDE (based on ACE and basicly something like Notepad+/Sublime Text). This means you will be able to create scripts from this online editor (after you have created an account).

hqpMdQF.png

The cool features are...
- Live coding together! Stuck at a script? Give an Otlander access and code together to make it or break it :p
- Markup language
- Add own keybindings and/or auto completions
- Chat with other members while coding! Exchange ideas!
- Directly pull repos from GitHub into your projects!
- GitHub integration
- CoffeScript Compiler Plugin
- Color Picker: Simple HEX and RGB color utility
- Drag and Drop + File Manager Plugin
- Preview HTML files
- Less Compiler
- ToDo Parser
- Private Messaging
- Compare 2 files and view edits

I would like Plugin xyz to be added!
Cool! Just let me know :) You can checkout all the plugins here: http://market.codiad.com/

Does it all really work?
No idea tbh! Go test it :p

SPECIAL THANKS:
- @president vankk (portugese translation)
- @Peonso (for the awesome logo!!!)

Last edited:
Sounds great, good luck. Will be using it next time I upload something

Good luck, glad to see new projects nowadays :p
Maybe you can do a referral system for earn more storage space.
e.g. invite a friend and get 25MB.

I did the logo =[
Oh my bad sorry! Had that mixed up xD anyway you are alrdy at special thanks on website so it was just otland error :)

Thank you all for the support :)

1. Is there a way to browse the directories without registering?
2. How about integrating login with Otland? Just as I did on http://otls.net

1. Is there a way to browse the directories without registering?
2. How about integrating login with Otland? Just as I did on http://otls.net
1. No, you cant browse the directories without registering though you can use download links to files from OTLand Cloud. Registration is free and fast.
2. I will keep this idea in mind, however this is probably not gonna happen anytime soon.

Last edited:
I was uploading some files. First I zipped a 8.6 map, with 2 xml files, a png file and a txt. After uploading it the zip is there, but people can't see any information about it before downloading, would be cool if you could add information about the file, something like this:
9XAxrvl.jpg

After that I tried to upload a 7.6 global map, didn't zipped, to see how the site would handle it, and the folder is now a mess =p But people can see the minimap I added as preview lol http://***************/?dir=uploads/Maps/Real-Map/7_xx

I think it should display the total number of files, like now, folder "Maps" display 0 files, but it actually has 6 files, 1 under Maps/Real-Map/8_xx and 5 under Maps/Real-Map/7_xx.

People also don't get information about the uploader, piratebay for exemple do, and uploaders can get reputation, so people know they are trusted users (colored skulls on piratebay).

Got some other ideas, but maybe just for future, like tagging files, so you could select to view all files with certain tag (like 'TFS 1.x', or '8.6'), having a list of least uploaded files, a search engine.

edit: I also spent 88mb uploading those 2 maps, I have something like 800mb of maps here, I would like to upload them zipped (otbm+spawn+house), add a minimap preview and add information somewhere in otcloud about original sources and authors. I uploaded that 8.6 Global Map for exemple, people don't know it was uploaded by me, don't know who tracked it, don't know where it was originally posted, don't know if it has spawns or houses, no information at all, luckly I added a txt with that information, but still, it's only visible after you download.

Oh my bad sorry! Had that mixed up xD anyway you are alrdy at special thanks on website so it was just otland error :)

Thank you all for the support :)

I'm not penseo =[

Last edited:
Well done Damon, you make me proud fella. ^^

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

I like the idea, but will you guys still delete things that shouldn't be there?
like if someone steal a custom project or anything and leak it, will you guys prevent it from spreading by deleting it from the cloud?

I was uploading some files. First I zipped a 8.6 map, with 2 xml files, a png file and a txt. After uploading it the zip is there, but people can't see any information about it before downloading, would be cool if you could add information about the file, something like this:
9XAxrvl.jpg

After that I tried to upload a 7.6 global map, didn't zipped, to see how the site would handle it, and the folder is now a mess =p But people can see the minimap I added as preview lol http://***************/?dir=uploads/Maps/Real-Map/7_xx

I think it should display the total number of files, like now, folder "Maps" display 0 files, but it actually has 6 files, 1 under Maps/Real-Map/8_xx and 5 under Maps/Real-Map/7_xx.

People also don't get information about the uploader, piratebay for exemple do, and uploaders can get reputation, so people know they are trusted users (colored skulls on piratebay).

Got some other ideas, but maybe just for future, like tagging files, so you could select to view all files with certain tag (like 'TFS 1.x', or '8.6'), having a list of least uploaded files, a search engine.

edit: I also spent 88mb uploading those 2 maps, I have something like 800mb of maps here, I would like to upload them zipped (otbm+spawn+house), add a minimap preview and add information somewhere in otcloud about original sources and authors. I uploaded that 8.6 Global Map for exemple, people don't know it was uploaded by me, don't know who tracked it, don't know where it was originally posted, don't know if it has spawns or houses, no information at all, luckly I added a txt with that information, but still, it's only visible after you download.

I'm not penseo =[
Thanks for the detailed feedback mate! I will surely look into it and see what I can do. The project does not utilize mysql so some things might prove to be difficult. Another thing is that until may I am currently traveling around Australia and cant really dedicate much time into adding new features and Im running on mobile phone data here only (2gb/month) which is nothing^^ Needlessly to mention I want to enjoy my trip to the fullest as it is coming close to a "once in a lifetime" event. I am, however working closely together with @HalfAway who has already assisted me countless times and perhaps we will be able to work something out :)

As for now a thing you can do to remain credits for the files is to add a credits.txt in the .zip folder or upload a credits info :p same goes ofc for information. You could also upload this as a preview image.

@OpenTibiaServer
If you believe your work has been uploaded there without your permission you are free to contact me and we will see if your claim is legit. If it is the files will be removed.

Furthermore I want to thank all of you for the feedback and support and hope you will be using the OTLand Cloud for further uploads!

when you try logging in with otland account and you realise the site doesn't use same database and you still like the site
Derpy.gif

Last edited:
That's right. I believe it might be that the name including "Otland" fooled zbizu here.
Added it to the faq just in case^^

I am happy to announce that we already have 40 registered users and 14456 HTTP hits!

Furthermore portugese has been added to the languages. Big thanks to @president vankk for the translation :)

Last edited:
Back