• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTMarket

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, we are not a forum, we are only a market that provides selling and buying for members. And it is not near ***** store, you cant even compare

It just seems a new vápus with new moderators and I think 20% is too much for it!! Raise it to 5-10%.

10 mb for a map seems low, same for web apps imo

why is vąpus censored btw?

It just seems a new vápus with new moderators and I think 20% is too much for it!! Raise it to 5-10%.
Va-pus is very different, Va-pus is community and a forum. We are a market, we are not a community where you can chat, ask for support and these stuff. Its like ebay, you cant compare ebay to a community.

20% is not a lot, because we need to prevent chargebacks and if we lose 1 case, which would range between 10-100$ then thats a lot. And we only get 2$ from a 10$ script. So 5 scripts of the value 10$ needs to be sold in case we lose 1 chargeback of a 10$ script/

10 mb for a map seems low, same for web apps imo

why is vąpus censored btw?
Well, we are looking for custom maps, and most of them aren't so huge. We dont want real maps to be sold. If you have a bigger map, you can always contact OTMarket about it and you would mostly get it uploaded if its yours and everything. Same for web apps, web apps, most scripts are not huge, same as for templates, they are mostly script files and most images are in kbs so you can also contact OTMarket about it. And keep in mind, that more storage means more money to pay. Maybe in the future when we get some income, we buy more storage.

Va-pus and otland had problems before and it was banned from OTLand. Long story...

Is there a way to have a "reddit" like feature where you can upvote (not downvote since it's pointless) a script you want to be made.

For instance, if I wanted a script to do X, I could ask for it in the forum, and if other people wanted it, it could get upvoted and scripters would be more incentivized to ask for money for the script to be done.

maybe the maps are meant in pieces not as a whole.
my server map, a full map, is about 20MB. (Custom map for a evo server made from scratch)
Its 10mb because it was not meant to be for real map servers, mostly custom maps. As I said, if you're uploading a bigger map, you can always contact OTMarket and provide them with info :)

You should implement the option for the people that submit the files to simple sell it or unlock it as Red suggested, I don't see why both options need to exclude each other. Some people might only release content if they have the option they prefer available. Do you think it's a good idea though? We seem such a small community for something like that worth the effort.

Is there a way to have a "reddit" like feature where you can upvote (not downvote since it's pointless) a script you want to be made.

For instance, if I wanted a script to do X, I could ask for it in the forum, and if other people wanted it, it could get upvoted and scripters would be more incentivized to ask for money for the script to be done.
Its almost the same as the unlock system, but yes it is possible. Maybe we will add it in the future if we see activity and people wanting it.

You should implement the option for the people that submit the files to simple sell it or unlock it as Red suggested, I don't see why both options need to exclude each other. Some people might only release content if they have the option they prefer available. Do you think it's a good idea though? We seem such a small community for something like that worth the effort.
It sounds easy, but when it comes to scripting its totally different. Different functions, different system, different way of writing the code :p
Now you can either sell, or make it free to download. Maybe in the future and if we see activity, we will add it as a part of choice for sure.

I might sound like an asshole here but I just want to say... This is suppose to be an open-source community. The idea of you guys trying to monetize this community is downright disappointing and makes me sick.

I am not ignorant, I completely understand that today it is very hard to put the time and effort into developing things without earning money. I completely agree with "hiring" programmers to help you with a project. I completely agree with donating to your favorite developers to keep them interested in doing what they do. But I just have to say... if you guys create a market where scripts can be put behind a price tag, then all scripts WILL be put behind that price tag. Simply put, I cannot see any good coming from this.

While I do think its neat, and I might even enjoy posting random shit on a website like this to make money. The thought of it still makes me sick... We have wonderful people here in this community putting their time and effort into making TFS better for us to make amazing OT Servers for players and they do not lock TFS behind a price tag... We are all free to use it for what ever we want from real maps to pokemon. I just cannot comprehend how anyone can think their rope script is worth more than that.

I know my saying this will not mean much, and I don't really post stuff on otland anyway (mainly because I am busy with my own projects). But I don't think I will be contributing anything on a website like this. If I am going to make scripts for the public, I would rather just post it right here on otland where it can do the most good and allow what newcomers we do have a chance at adding cool shit to their server for everyone to enjoy.

If this idea goes forward I really do hope you at least choose the correct option which is unlocking a script once a certain amount is donated. At least this way when the script is unlocked it will exist in the community forever instead of being a private script that people only get if they pay. If not, I hope every script gets leaked here on otland where it BELONGS.

Last edited:
I might sound like an asshole here but I just want to say... This is suppose to be an open-source community. The idea of you guys trying to monetize this community is downright disappointing and makes me sick. I am not ignorant, I completely understand that today it is very hard to put the time and effort into developing things without earning money. I completely agree with "hiring" programmers to help you with a project. I completely agree with donating to your favorite developers to keep them interested in doing what they do. But I just have to say... if you guys create a market where scripts can be put behind a price tag, then all scripts WILL be put behind that price tag. Simply put, I cannot see any good coming from this.

While I do think its neat, and I might even enjoy posting random shit on a website like this to make money. The thought of it still makes me sick... We have wonderful people here in this community putting their time and effort into making TFS better for us to make amazing OT Servers for players and they do not lock TFS behind a price tag... We are all free to use it for what ever we want from real maps to pokemon. I just cannot comprehend how anyone can think their rope script is worth more than that.

I know my saying this will not mean much, and I don't really post stuff on otland anyway (mainly because I am busy with my own projects). But I don't think I will be contributing anything on a website like this. If I am going to make scripts for the public, I would rather just post it right here on otland where it can do the most good and allow what newcomers we do have a chance at adding cool shit to their server for everyone to enjoy.

If this idea goes forward I really do hope you at least choose the correct option which is unlocking a script once a certain amount is donated. At least this way when the script is unlocked it will exist in the community forever instead of being a private script that people only get if they pay. If not, I hope every script gets leaked here on otland where it BELONGS.
TFS 0.4 was for donators only for a very long time. Any any leaked TFS would get you perm ban. I am not telling people to stop contributing and sell everything. But there are few scripts and maps that are really worth selling. It is like you work for your boss for free just to make the company better and receiving no money at the end of the month. We have some talented members with hidden skills because they wouldn't enjoy wasting hours and hours on a script on a friday night for nothing. That's why we also don't allow distros and we have a minimum withdrawal, so not everyone can come and sell anything and get money out of it.
I totally understand and respect your opinion. Thank you for sharing it with us :)

TFS 0.4 was for donators only for a very long time.
First of all, I specifically remember it being 0.4_DEV emphasis on the "DEV" and there were clear warnings that it was a development version that was not guaranteed to be stable but downloadable by members on otland for testing and a sort of "early access". As far as I know, 0.4 was never really "finished" which is why everyone uses one of a few "stable" versions all of which are extremely old even by 0.4 standards.

Secondly, just because something was done in the past does not make it right. People were also allowed to sell scripts here on otland until that was also stopped because it was ruining the community. So now, you are going to create your own website that is made specifically to dodge the rules of otland. To make matters worse, you have the nerve to advertise it here as well? And to top it off, you are too blinded by greed to even see the potential damage this can and most likely will do to the community. It's disgraceful to say the least.

I guess the only thing I can ask of you is to look at it from my point of view. As a person who is capable of making things work. Why would I ever help someone with a script here on otland when I could release the very same script on a website like this for money. Now imagine every time someone asks for help, they are answered with a link: otmarket.com/the_script_you_want_here

What you are presenting would be a fantastic idea in a larger community. But here in the otland community, we are already few and this will just make it fewer.

First of all, I specifically remember it being 0.4_DEV emphasis on the "DEV" and there were clear warnings that it was a development version that was not guaranteed to be stable but downloadable by members on otland for testing and a sort of "early access". As far as I know, 0.4 was never really "finished" which is why everyone uses one of a few "stable" versions all of which are extremely old even by 0.4 standards.

Secondly, just because something was done in the past does not make it right. People were also allowed to sell scripts here on otland until that was also stopped because it was ruining the community. So now, you are going to create your own website that is made specifically to dodge the rules of otland. To make matters worse, you have the nerve to advertise it here as well? And to top it off, you are too blinded by greed to even see the potential damage this can and most likely will do to the community. It's disgraceful to say the least.

I guess the only thing I can ask of you is to look at it from my point of view. As a person who is capable of making things work. Why would I ever help someone with a script here on otland when I could release the very same script on a website like this for money. Now imagine every time someone asks for help, they are answered with a link: otmarket.com/the_script_you_want_here

What you are presenting would be a fantastic idea in a larger community. But here in the otland community, we are already few and this will just make it fewer.
I am not going into details about tfs 0.4 and how it was back then.
And from my pov, a lot of things you stated are not correct doesn't really make sense. But again, thank you for your opinion

I wish you good luck due to the fact you are bringing a somewhat change (smth fresh) to the open tibia community. Can't say that it's the evolution I've been looking forward to though :/ Im sure alot of ppl will use it (atleast to sell stuff) so new content will come to the community, however we are more and more abolishing the idea of an OPEN SOURCE community #movingforward :(

I agree with Xagulz here. The playerbase is already small, and this is only going to make it smaller due to the amount of people who are allowed to look at advanced scripts (nobody is going to pay for simple scripts). I've gone to the subforum for help and was amazed by how quick and helpful people were, and this is without any sort of payment. (Not even reputation points, which was something some members enjoyed earning back when OtLand had it in place)

If a scripter feels like he wants to script for money, he should just advertise his services as such or make his own server. But honestly, if you want to make money doing a hobby, there's more useful places to do that in and will only make this community divided if more people feel inclined to do things for cash and not for bettering the community.

Great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back